• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Townace C36 / Cr22 / Cr27

Hi Guys...!!

I'm currently using a Townace KR42 Petrol and It's not economical for me (Fuel consumption 7-8). :sad-smiley-050: .. So,I'm planning to sell it..

And I'm looking for a economical diesel van like townace lotto .My budget is 20-23..

Like to go for a modified 4 door Townace Lotto High roof...but the thing is, there are 3 types of vehicles in the market

1.Townace Cr36

2 Townace Cr22

3 Townace Cr27

1) So, What is the best economical vehicle ??
2) And what about the reselling market ??

And I'm really looking for the best economical van within them...

And this is the vehicle I'm looking for....:
post-47779-0-98956900-1368032157_thumb.j

As far as I am aware there is no CR22. There is a CR26 which has the 1C diesel engine and which is the previous model to the CR27/CR36 which has the 2C engine. The CR36 is the 4WD and the CR27 is the 2WD. These models also came in 2 variants, popularly known as the the dolphin model and the later lotto model in SL.

There is also a model with the 2C "molli model" engine which was a later model 2C engine which was also found on the late model CR27/CR36 Lotto models and early model Noah vans. These are 2ltr engines. There is also a 2.2ltr turbo engine which is a bit rare to find.

I had a TownAce 4WD CR36 and a relative of mine had a CR27 automatic which he later converted to manual. Both were 5 door dolphin models. My one was a DX basic and my relative had the GL which had a clock, cloth trim, full hood lining, fabric carpets and full door trim which were not there in my DX. Both had heated rear glass and wiper.

There is also the luxury model If I am correct badged "GXL" or "FXV" with full lights front and rear, full option, sun-roof, rotating seats, needle punch carpets, curtains, digital clock, RPM meter, dual A/C and they come in 2WD and 4WD. This is the model in your photo, which is a 2WD Automatic.

As for fuel consumption there was hardly a difference to speak of between the two. If I remember correct they used to do 11-12 kmpl in Colombo which went up to around 14-15kmpl out of Colombo.

They were very reliable. We've been on many trips around the country and the 4WD ( with high and low transfer) has been taken on some very rough terrain at Yala, Wasgamuwa, Udawalawa, Bundala (severe mud, sand, rocky terrain etc etc) which it handled well except that the ground clearance I felt was a bit inadequate. Anyway always it came through with no damage to the undercarriage except a few scrapes on the guards protecting the transfer case, sump and fuel tank. The downside of the 4WD is that the steering (power steering) feels a bit rough with quite a lot of kickback being thrown-up from the front wheels at moderate to fast speed on uneven terrain/roads. This was not there in the 2WD.

You should be able to get a reasonably good basic model DX or GL for around 20, and the luxury model for around 25. Re sale would not seem a problem as there are people who prefer these to the Noah CR42/KR42 as interior space in these is slightly more than the Noah models.

Edited by CJ5
  • Like 3

As far as I am aware there is no CR22. There is a CR26 which has the 1C diesel engine and which is the previous model to the CR27/CR36 which has the 2C engine. The CR36 is the 4WD and the CR27 is the 2WD. These models also came in 2 variants, popularly known as the the dolphin model and the later lotto model in SL.

There is also a model with the 2C "molli model" engine which was a later model 2C engine which was also found on the late model CR27/CR36 Lotto models and early model Noah vans. These are 2ltr engines. There is also a 2.2ltr turbo engine which is a bit rare to find.

I had a TownAce 4WD CR36 and a relative of mine had a CR27 automatic which he later converted to manual. Both were 5 door dolphin models. My one was a DX basic and my relative had the GL which had a clock, cloth trim, full hood lining, fabric carpets and full door trim which were not there in my DX. Both had heated rear glass and wiper.

There is also the luxury model If I am correct badged "GXL" or "FXV" with full lights front and rear, full option, sun-roof, rotating seats, needle punch carpets, curtains, digital clock, RPM meter, dual A/C and they come in 2WD and 4WD. This is the model in your photo, which is a 2WD Automatic.

As for fuel consumption there was hardly a difference to speak of between the two. If I remember correct they used to do 11-12 kmpl in Colombo which went up to around 14-15kmpl out of Colombo.

They were very reliable. We've been on many trips around the country and the 4WD ( with high and low transfer) has been taken on some very rough terrain at Yala, Wasgamuwa, Udawalawa, Bundala (severe mud, sand, rocky terrain etc etc) which it handled well except that the ground clearance I felt was a bit inadequate. Anyway always it came through with no damage to the undercarriage except a few scrapes on the guards protecting the transfer case, sump and fuel tank. The downside of the 4WD is that the steering (power steering) feels a bit rough with quite a lot of kickback being thrown-up from the front wheels at moderate to fast speed on uneven terrain/roads. This was not there in the 2WD.

You should be able to get a reasonably good basic model DX or GL for around 20, and the luxury model for around 25. Re sale would not seem a problem as there are people who prefer these to the Noah CR42/KR42 as interior space in these is slightly more than the Noah models.

Thanks a lot dude, Really helpfull for me...

Hi Guys...!!

I'm currently using a Townace KR42 Petrol and It's not economical for me (Fuel consumption 7-8). :sad-smiley-050: .. So,I'm planning to sell it..

And I'm looking for a economical diesel van like townace lotto .My budget is 20-23..

Like to go for a modified 4 door Townace Lotto High roof...but the thing is, there are 3 types of vehicles in the market

1.Townace Cr36

2 Townace Cr22

3 Townace Cr27

1) So, What is the best economical vehicle ??

2) And what about the reselling market ??

And I'm really looking for the best economical van within them...

And this is the vehicle I'm looking for....:

attachicon.gifUntitled-1 copyaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

CR36 is the 4WD model of the town ace

CR27 is the normal 2WD model of the town ace this is the common model

CR22 afaik is the royal lounge limited twin moon roof trim level this come with ether 2CT or 3CT engine this is the full option model they are hard to find because they are rare in SL

if you want best resale value go for the CR22 they are have more reselling market than other models and if you want best fuel economy go for the CR27 and find a flat roof one with 4doors they have more second hand market value but if you can find a CR22 for your budget i advise you to buy one it maybe do max 2 or 3 KMPL less than CR27 but it have way more options and luxury's than CR27 any ways good luck fella.

wrong CR22 is the royal lounge limited twin moon roof edition they come with 2CT or 3CT engines and rare in SL

liteace2.jpg

I hope this vehicle is CR42,

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

That seems to be the CR22 which is basically the spruced up luxury version of the CR27 .

CR36 is the 4WD model of the town ace

CR27 is the normal 2WD model of the town ace this is the common model

CR22 afaik is the royal lounge limited twin moon roof trim level this come with ether 2CT or 3CT engine this is the full option model they are hard to find because they are rare in SL

if you want best resale value go for the CR22 they are have more reselling market than other models and if you want best fuel economy go for the CR27 and find a flat roof one with 4doors they have more second hand market value but if you can find a CR22 for your budget i advise you to buy one it maybe do max 2 or 3 KMPL less than CR27 but it have way more options and luxury's than CR27 any ways good luck fella.

wrong CR22 is the royal lounge limited twin moon roof edition they come with 2CT or 3CT engines and rare in SL

Thanks a lot dude....looking for a high roof, Becasue it has more space.. :sport-smiley-004::smilie_liebe9:

Whatever, Cant We modify a normal 4 door high roof CR27 like CR22 ??

And if so, what about the reselling value after modifying it??

same value ??

Try doing it with the local basses... then u will find out the reason..

Edited by Crosswind

I have the CR 27 (YOM 1994) and yes it is a very relaiable vehicle.

does 11-12 KMpL . However I fitted a duel AC unit and when it is ON the fuel economy drops dramatically.

Recently added Wurth Diesel Additive to a full tank and I see an increase in engine smoothness.

Just some info i thought of sharing as a CR27 (DX) owner. :)

Edited by KurtWagner

Whatever, Cant We modify a normal 4 door high roof CR27 like CR22 ??

And if so, what about the reselling value after modifying it??

same value ??

you can modify it like that but it would cost lot more to modify it to original CR22 specs you need all of the interior bits engine gear box sunroof ect..... usually what others do is change front lights doors dashboard and fix some adjustable seats set and fix a dual ac and paint it two tone color and sell it as full option.

I have the CR 27 (YOM 1994) and yes it is a very relaiable vehicle.

does 11-12 KMpL . However I fitted a duel AC unit and when it is ON the fuel economy drops dramatically.

Recently added Wurth Diesel Additive to a full tank and I see an increase in engine smoothness.

Just some info i thought of sharing as a CR27 (DX) owner. :)

What I have heard from my AC mechanic is that CR27 with 2C engine should not be converted to duel AC locally.

According to him, cons are

1. Lack of cool comp to original

2.Chinese conversion unit not so reliable

3.Lack of engine power with D/AC on

I think most of Duel AC CR27(?22) comes with 2.2D engine and the AC condenser and blower unit also fitted below the floor insted of conventional D/AC unit

Edited by nano31