• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Passo Vs Vios

chat

Question

13 answers to this question

please add your ideas on going for 2003-4 vios vs 2007-9 passo since most of vios arround 2003-4 are done arround 100km.

Toyota Vios is a good car and it has a good pickup. You can get one less than 90000 km on the clock.

passo is a hatch and vios is not. so your preference matters.

I doubt that you can get a 2003/04 vios which has done less than 100k unless the odo has been tampered with. (re-con ones came with around 40k when imported)

Vios is quite reliable even at this mileage (when looked after well of course). Leg space for rear passengers is not the best if the front seats (incl) driver need more legroom for themselves.

please add your ideas on going for 2003-4 vios vs 2007-9 passo since most of vios arround 2003-4 are done arround 100km.
Toyota Vios is a good car and it has a good pickup. You can get one less than 90000 km on the clock.

Fools like you guys, are the reason why odometer tampering is a thriving business.

Go find a Passo with 30k on the clock. When the T-belt snaps, go on a tantrum like a crybaby about how the previous owner cheated you.

• Like 2

Fools like you guys, are the reason why odometer tampering is a thriving business.

Go find a Passo with 30k on the clock. When the T-belt snaps, go on a tantrum like a crybaby about how the previous owner cheated

i accept that point, but u cant just ignor the cars milage. and later the year of manufacture and registration more likely to have a less km done.

i accept that point, but u cant just ignor the cars milage. and later the year of manufacture and registration more likely to have a less km done.

If the car has less km done, does it mean its a trouble-free car? I have seen cars that have done 300000+ and still run like the day it first rolled out of the factory. I have also seen cars (particularly small cars like passo, march) that have done 40k - 50k and give all kinds of noises.

What you need to do is, find a well maintained car with records, if possible. AND then do all the preventive maintenance like changing engine oil, transmission oil, changing belts (if no records available)...

If the car has less km done, does it mean its a trouble-free car? I have seen cars that have done 300000+ and still run like the day it first rolled out of the factory. I have also seen cars (particularly small cars like passo, march) that have done 40k - 50k and give all kinds of noises.

What you need to do is, find a well maintained car with records, if possible. AND then do all the preventive maintenance like changing engine oil, transmission oil, changing belts (if no records available)...

That's true. But people who are new to cars consider about mileage thinking that low mileage means more reliability when it comes to 2nd hand or reconditioned cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's true. But people who are new to cars consider about mileage thinking that low mileage means more reliability when it comes to 2nd hand or reconditioned cars. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Why would you want to concern yourself with what people who are new to cars think? Know the correct thing yourself, speak ONLY of the correct thing, and don't tell other people what people who are new to cars think, coz they are likely to get confused and thinks that is the truth!

forget the mileage and years fact

what you are comparing is apples and oranges

one is a sedan and the other is a nippy little hatchback

if all you really want is a new car and a car with low mileage. why did you bother with a vios?

Go for a one with good condition. low ODO will not say it has run very low. ppl are always re-set & changing ODO readings when they going to sell. dnt trust or stick on simple things like ODO readings. search one with good condition & proper documents.

On the clock. Yes may be, but not on the engine. Don't believe the clock mate. :sad-smiley-066:

Edited by SpeedyAsA

Go find a Passo with 30k on the clock. When the T-belt snaps, go on a tantrum like a crybaby about how the previous owner cheated you.

I thought that the Passo engine doesn't come with a T-belt. :speechless-smiley-003: But, the point you trying to highlight is absolutely true Crosswind. Don't believe the milage on the clock unless if doesnt has all the proper maintenance/service records from the date of the registration.

I doubt that you can get a 2003/04 vios which has done less than 100k unless the odo has been tampered with. (re-con ones came with around 40k when imported)

Don't be absurd. It obviously depends on how much the car is being run. I sold my 2004 vios with 79k on the clock after after 5 years.

Don't be absurd. It obviously depends on how much the car is being run. I sold my 2004 vios with 79k on the clock after after 5 years.

of course it may be possible. depends on the mileage when you bought it (genuine or not) and your own usage. That's why I said I doubt it.

When these vios were brought down they were generally 3 years old. Most of them in the car sales had 40k on the ODO on average. Few of them in the range of 10k.(genuine or not is another question)

edit: when did you sell it btw?

Edited by NPP