• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Shocks Issue

palliyaguru

Question

Hi All ,

I am using Honda Fit 2007 car, last week i went to wheel alignments, then those people told me that my car front shocks are moving little bit , its like moving it from the mount point. This happens only when the front wheels up by the jack , when car is on the ground there is no such thing, and also both front shocks are moving in same way, but there is no any noise or any thing strange when i'm driving. Then i met a garage person, he drove the car and said there is no issue in shocks,

I just want to know is this a common issue or is it a default situation for this model or can it be a problem ?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi All ,

I am using Honda Fit 2007 car, last week i went to wheel alignments, then those people told me that my car front shocks are moving little bit , its like moving it from the mount point. This happens only when the front wheels up by the jack , when car is on the ground there is no such thing, and also both front shocks are moving in same way, but there is no any noise or any thing strange when i'm driving. Then i met a garage person, he drove the car and said there is no issue in shocks,

I just want to know is this a common issue or is it a default situation for this model or can it be a problem ?

Thanks

well machan. I too have exactly the same issue. I think it has something to do with the shock mounts. replacing may be ?

Hi All ,

Thanks

I think NRX is currect. The issue is probably worn shock mounts. Not too expensive to replace and a lot cheaper than the shocks themselves. It's best to replace them now else it might lead to uneven tire wear, wobbly handling, and premature failure of the front shock absorbers.