• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla G Touring - Market Price

tilvin

Hi Friends,

This information needed for me as I am planning to buy a Corolla G touring as my second vehicle, when my Peugeot goes for long vacation(To garage - until gets the spares and make ready him sometimes... :speechless-smiley-006: .) During his vacation, I feel very difficult to move around.... :speechless-smiley-006: . Anyway I do not have much idea about Toyotas.

I searched for some vehicles and found one interesting.

Toyota Corolla G touring

Manufacture year - 1996

Number - 301-####

Car have NO airbags and the owner says 13 lakhs and says no negotiation. The mileage may be more than 200000 kms. He is the 5th owner. Is it worth buying? Pls assist me.

Tks,

Tilvin

first check if this is a original G touring by checking chassis number if it's a original one chassis number come as E-AE100G and rear suspension system is coil spring than leaf spring any ways is this car is auto or manual?. how much Km is run by the car and how many previous owners it's have is irrelevant now days people can change odometer readings what is mater is is the car is maintained properly. how is the cars condition? is it in good condition both body paint and mechanically 1.3mill is seems ok price but around 12.5 mill is the good price for it and good luck fella. :)

Car is manual - 5 fwd.

Previous Owners - 4 - Seems this person is 5th.

Odo Meter - 256000 km

Owner does not be sure when changed the timing belt and other spares - NO service history

Car's outer condition - Good

Interior - Average

He has advertised as G touring, but I did not check from the registration book as u mentioned. Anyway between L touring and G touring, which one is better model (luxary)?

Tks,

Tilvin.

Thanks guys for your great advises.....)

As I checked this model is 1500cc. As I searched some ads, I found some L touring wagons advertised as 1300 cc. Between 1300 and 1500, which is having higher market price?

Tks,

Tilvin

Car is manual - 5 fwd.

Previous Owners - 4 - Seems this person is 5th.

Odo Meter - 256000 km

Owner does not be sure when changed the timing belt and other spares - NO service history

Car's outer condition - Good

Interior - Average

He has advertised as G touring, but I did not check from the registration book as u mentioned. Anyway between L touring and G touring, which one is better model (luxary)?

Tks,

Tilvin.

there is only little difference between them but how ever i have seen some L touring's with out power shutters and power mirrors and G touring have auto ac so it's better if you can go for the G touring

Thanks guys for your great advises.....)

As I checked this model is 1500cc. As I searched some ads, I found some L touring wagons advertised as 1300 cc. Between 1300 and 1500, which is having higher market price?

Tks,

Tilvin

go for the 1.5L version it's have higher market price and have more power

first check if this is a original G touring by checking chassis number if it's a original one chassis number come as E-AE100G and rear suspension system is coil spring than leaf spring any ways is this car is auto or manual?. how much Km is run by the car and how many previous owners it's have is irrelevant now days people can change odometer readings what is mater is is the car is maintained properly. how is the cars condition? is it in good condition both body paint and mechanically 1.3mill is seems ok price but around 12.5 mill is the good price for it and good luck fella. :)

Hi Friends,

I got a photocopy of the book from the owner. In the book the chassis number is written as AE100-#######. There is no "G" mentioned in the chassis number. And the car is mentioned as "recondition". But the owner tells it is original G touring. Engine number mentioned as 5A-########. Is this original G touring? Pls assist.

Tks,

Tilvin.

Hi Friends,

I got a photocopy of the book from the owner. In the book the chassis number is written as AE100-#######. There is no "G" mentioned in the chassis number. And the car is mentioned as "recondition". But the owner tells it is original G touring. Engine number mentioned as 5A-########. Is this original G touring? Pls assist.

Tks,

Tilvin.

then it's a original g touring ae100 is the correct chassis number and g touring is a JDM spec so it's been recondition is no problem .

Thanks machan....:). Then I will go for it. Mean while as I checked the car, the car A/C vent ducts plastic all broken. Will it possible to buy plastic ducts in Panchikawatte for that model? How much will it cost?

Tks,

Tilvin.

then it's a original g touring ae100 is the correct chassis number and g touring is a JDM spec so it's been recondition is no problem .

Nexus, how do you assume it is an original G Touring when the G is missing from the chassis number as your previously said?

The G Touring stands out a bit because of the rear seats, rear coil spring suspension and at times roof rails....

Nexus, how do you assume it is an original G Touring when the G is missing from the chassis number as your previously said?

The G Touring stands out a bit because of the rear seats, rear coil spring suspension and at times roof rails....

So do you think it is not original since the chassis number does not have "G" as Nexus stated?

AE100 is the original chassis number for the G touring if the chassis number start from AE100 it's a original G touring E-AE100G-AWPGK is the model number of it

• 5 years later...
7 hours ago, Luckyy said:

Hey what are the things to look at when by a g touring ? Please guide me

First of all...check whether it is an original/factory touring wagon (i.e. G Touring is just the grade of the wagon). Te E100 came in van, wagon and touring wagon specs. The G Touring is obviously belongs to the Touring Wagon category. If it is a Touring Wagon...the ID plate should say AE10OG...if it is a AWD it will say AE104G and has a 1.6L engine. It should have the 1.5L 5A-FE engine as opposed to the 5E-FE engine in the wagon and van ranges. If it is diesel it will say CE101G for the 2.2L diesel and CE100G for the 2L diesel.

AE100G (petrol) G tourings will say

AE100G-AWPGK   for automatics and  AE100G-AWMGK for manuals on the ID plate

CE100G (diesels will say)

CE100G-AWPGS  for automatics and CE100G-AWMGS for manuals. Since these two are the most common I will not go listing out the model codes for the rest of the variants.

Also check the rear suspension. It should have suspension similar to that of a car.

The engine and transmission are pretty robust, you need to go through the checking for usual odd knocks and rattles,oil leaks, etc.... Check the How to buy a second hand car thread for detailed explanations on what to look out for.

No matter what..these cars are pretty old and because they are pretty robust most have gone through quite a lot of harsh usage. So...get it professionally checked by the agents and if possible a third party car checking place as well (sometimes the agents basic check is not that comprehensive and when you ask for a comprehensive check up it ends up costing more than the reputed third party places). 

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2018 at 7:17 AM, iRage said:

First of all...check whether it is an original/factory touring wagon (i.e. G Touring is just the grade of the wagon). Te E100 came in van, wagon and touring wagon specs. The G Touring is obviously belongs to the Touring Wagon category. If it is a Touring Wagon...the ID plate should say AE10OG...if it is a AWD it will say AE104G and has a 1.6L engine. It should have the 1.5L 5A-FE engine as opposed to the 5E-FE engine in the wagon and van ranges. If it is diesel it will say CE101G for the 2.2L diesel and CE100G for the 2L diesel.

AE100G (petrol) G tourings will say

AE100G-AWPGK   for automatics and  AE100G-AWMGK for manuals on the ID plate

CE100G (diesels will say)

CE100G-AWPGS  for automatics and CE100G-AWMGS for manuals. Since these two are the most common I will not go listing out the model codes for the rest of the variants.

Also check the rear suspension. It should have suspension similar to that of a car.

The engine and transmission are pretty robust, you need to go through the checking for usual odd knocks and rattles,oil leaks, etc.... Check the How to buy a second hand car thread for detailed explanations on what to look out for.

No matter what..these cars are pretty old and because they are pretty robust most have gone through quite a lot of harsh usage. So...get it professionally checked by the agents and if possible a third party car checking place as well (sometimes the agents basic check is not that comprehensive and when you ask for a comprehensive check up it ends up costing more than the reputed third party places). 

Thanks a lot for your valuable time irage. Its a automatic 2000cc diesel touring g. How much diesel will it do can u please guide me. So it should be CE100G-AWPGS. What are the reliable 3rd party places to go for a full checkup ?