• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

W211 - E200 Kompressor

AA3

Hi,

Thinking of buying a W211(E200 kompressor). Would like to hear experiences and/or advises.

Also just like to know whether D*mo imported them India or any other country other than Germany.

Thanks in advance !

• 1 year later...

Many get confused when the model is called " Kompressor " most of the W211 cars in Sri Lanka imported originally from Germany. Only complain is SBC breaks, except that no complains at all , E200 comes with 1.8 supercharged engine, if anything else feel free to DM me for more details

Hi,

Thinking of buying a W211(E200 kompressor). Would like to hear experiences and/or advises.

Also just like to know whether D*mo imported them India or any other country other than Germany.

Thanks in advance !

They have electric issues with various sensors, are very sensitive to maintanance habits so don't expect trouble free running if you don't stick to the schedule (all previous owners will need to have stuck to it as well).

Some of the interior materials are not very hard wearing, overall doesn't have the solidity of 90s era mercs like the W124.

Oh and if the supercharger goes bust, thats a 700k + repair last time I checked.

To avoid supercharger related complications, you might consider the E240 with the non supercharged V6.

They have electric issues with various sensors, are very sensitive to maintanance habits so don't expect trouble free running if you don't stick to the schedule (all previous owners will need to have stuck to it as well).

Some of the interior materials are not very hard wearing, overall doesn't have the solidity of 90s era mercs like the W124.

Oh and if the supercharger goes bust, thats a 700k + repair last time I checked.

To avoid supercharger related complications, you might consider the E240 with the non supercharged V6.

Didnt W210 also have the supercharge issue?

- Check A/C controllers are functioning (You will get continues ticking sound) and its a known fault with this model and W203 but aftermarket replacement kit available to fix the issue

FYI

- If you need the power with economy find a E230 which is inline 4....... and W210 is less issues as per my experience, had a one for 3 years and never had any issue until i crashed it

Well, yes I heard W124 is an "over engineered" car. But with this new "gadgets/features" era we cannot expect that kind of products from any thing. All are made from short term use. This is not only for cars I guess.

But do you guys think in W211 E240 is better than E200 Kompressor ? 'cos I noticed unlike E200 there' re handful E240' s available, so it might not easy to find good condition E240.

Well, yes I heard W124 is an "over engineered" car. But with this new "gadgets/features" era we cannot expect that kind of products from any thing. All are made from short term use. This is not only for cars I guess.

But do you guys think in W211 E240 is better than E200 Kompressor ? 'cos I noticed unlike E200 there' re handful E240' s available, so it might not easy to find good condition E240.

The reasoning for why you should look at an E240 has already been given above.

There have been gear box (7GT) failures too. But considering the age of these cars many if not most should have been sorted out by now under warranty and out of. If I was in the market I'll go by avarage mileage with full service history and lots of money spent. very low mileage hardly used cars could be disasters wating to happen.

And it will have to be a sweet V6. The 4-pot Kompressors are one of the most awful sounding engine to my ears and quite gutless for the weight of the car. Currently the model is in a very attractive price range for what it offers imo. And it's a buyer's market out there right now.

• 1 year later...

I was looking at this option as well instead of an Axio. Its a very nice car, silent, nice to drive, good handling, comfortable and spacious. I would assume that the repair costs will be high in relation to the car value. Any other things to look out for?

• 3 months later...