• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Electricity Bill (Kill)

DVT

Hi,

Thought it is a bit older post, I think this is my suggestion for you.

Refrigerator - Keep it full. Otherwise put regiform and fill the empty space.

Washing machine ( fully automatic 7 kg) - daily used about 30 mins - Hand-wash for possible items.

One ceiling fan ( just both of us and the kid ) - whole night running and 25% of day time - Use a table fan or stand fan. May be a cooler (You can use ice cubes to make it cool a bit more) But before buying check the number of watts it consume.

about 10 CFL lights - Lit up on average 4 hours a day - Use LED lights.

Daily ironing - daily basis about 15 mins. - Make it once a week if possible. Keep a lot of cloths to iron at once.

Rice cooker - for daily cooking - Nothing to do. (Pressure cooker? I don't know really. But using GAS is cheaper than electricity I think)

LCD TV/DVD/Laptop/desktop/blender/roller gates. (non of these are used heavily) - Use LED TV. Others may consume a little.

However this is what I practice other than roller doors at my home. Also I have set up Solar system for lighting and that enable me to light up the home even on a black out. I made it myself and therefore It didn't cost much but if you buy it from the agent, it will cost little bit. Do a search and go for it if you need it. Anyway these are my suggestions and kindly correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Edited by Nishan.dj