• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

abcjayasinghe

Good Tyre Brand....!

Earlier when I bought the car I had no idea about road noise and comfort.Generally I thought to avoid CE#T or Chinese tyres.The car had GT Classiros on it.So I changed two with GT Champiro.There was not much of a difference as a remember but,I replaced the front with Falken Sincera(Thai made) few years ago and there was a considerable reduction in road noise.Now I have Falkens in the back and when I wanted to change the front with the falkens, there was no stocks in kegalle,so replaced with Kumho and it seems to me as the worst set of tire I’ve ever used.Road noise is extremely high.When I travel around 30kmph noise level is high as it was doing 60 with the previous set.Horrible.I would never recomment Kumho to anyone ever!!!

On 1/2/2019 at 12:37 PM, PreseaLover said:

Bought Nankang for the first time and comparing to Bridgestone, and Westlake there is a huge improvement.. Noise is very less in the  highway, and comfort is higher in the Nankang comparing to the other two... Realized the Bridgestone is a shitty tyre after upgrading to Nankang. 

Whats the Nankang thread pattern (model) you got ?

On 1/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, MAS said:

Whats the Nankang thread pattern (model) you got ?

its called CX-668.. In the tyre itself it is mentioned "low noise"

Bought Maxxis premitra hp5 for 13700 each. Size 195X65X15. Felt much better than GT Champiros I had early. Quite silent too. 

Got myself a set of Continental CC6 ComfortContact 185/65R15  for Rs16,000 each on my Aqua from a place in Mirihana. This was only Rs50/- more each than Ecopia EP300 which I have lost faith in due to low mileage claims. (Previous Ecopia EP200s wore out at 27,000kms and were moderate handling at best)

CC6s are Possibly the quietest tyres I have driven. At low speeds I can only hear the electric motor noise. I do not try risky manouvres while driving, therefore am not able to comment much on the edge of its capabilities, but at usual speeds which I drive they behave as expectd fom a premium tyre. So far Im pleased with them. it handles highway speeds with not much additional noise and it is supposed to last over 50k KMs

Any recommendations for a set of 245/45 R17 95Y tyres? Preference is currently on a set of Michellin's but recommended places to get them and all insights are welcome.

On 17 January 2019 at 6:45 PM, vanquish.7 said:

Any recommendations for a set of 245/45 R17 95Y tyres? Preference is currently on a set of Michellin's but recommended places to get them and all insights are welcome.

D*MO Tyre mart Wattala gave a good deal on 4 Michelins for my Civic in 2016. Very happy with their tyres and service. Afterall they are the agent for Michelin. 

So far I have run approx. 20k on them over 2 years and it doesnt even show on the tyres. 

Edited by rukmaldk