• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Tyre Brand....!

abcjayasinghe

Thanks buddy, I'll pay a visit most probably this weekend

Can you kindly change your signature pic to something smaller piece. It is taking up too much screen real estate and making threads longer than it needs to be, causing people to scroll down more than necessary.

I'm looking for a good tyre brand in 195/65 R15 for my toyota. my current GT Radial tyres (Malasian I suppose) have done 20000+ kms but are almost worn out. Please help me out with this to find a good brand that suits our road conditions and, of course, that would last longer. Thanks !

My previous tyres were Falkon Japanese, and it done 65000 KM. even after that, 1mm kind of tread (middle tread was around 2mm) was there. and I replaced with the same tyre brand few days ago, and It costed 21K for one tyre. I dunno how much will be for your tyre size though, But I think it's good to go for Japan made tyres if you are expecting longer run on those.

Can you kindly change your signature pic to something smaller piece. It is taking up too much screen real estate and making threads longer than it needs to be, causing people to scroll down more than necessary.

+1

CJ5,

Please post the address of walana alignment shop. I have got all my vehicles done at Rowlends when they were operating at Darmapala mavatha.

You are perfectly correct they had the best unit in Colombo, other good alignment unit was at Collets in Borella.

Both motor repair garages had closed down after the dark era from 1962 to 1977.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It seems senior fellows preferred manual alignment rather than so called computerised, why? Is it because of machines used?, or the technicians(who are pretend to be)?

• 2 weeks later...

Today tyre prices

195X70XR14

Maxis -

10800/- Paramount

11200/- Wijaya Motors

11000/- Prince tyre

GT-

9550/- Prince Tyre

10400/- Hiline

Dunlop 11200 - hiline

Fedral 11300 - hiline

Nangkang 10500/- prince tyre

185X17X14

Maxis-

9475/- Paramount

9800/- Wijaya Motors

Dunlop - 10700/- Hiline

GT - 9700/- Hiline

Master Craft (USA) 15800/- Hiline

------------------------------------------------------ My Choice MAXXIS ----------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Nilantha

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Are there anyone using Roadstone tyres? I am looking for 205/60/16 tyres for my Lance Ex. currently running on GT Radials which are very noicy and stiff on the ride.

My tyre guy recomended Nankang but from the comments it looks as if it is as same as GTs. I also heard Maxxis is a 5 ply tyre which is very stiff on the ride. And now I am back to squire one with no preferable brand.

What I am looking at is a tyre which is comfortable and will do about 40,000 km.

Please be kind enough to share your comments.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Are there anyone using Roadstone tyres? I am looking for 205/60/16 tyres for my Lance Ex. currently running on GT Radials which are very noicy and stiff on the ride.

Thanks

I recently went through the exercise of replacing tyres for my Lancer Ex. Am not sure whether the following info would help. I think there are better options than the Roadstone in that price range.

Following are some quotes that I got;

Alfred E

205-60R16/ZE912 – Rs.15,700.00 (falken Thailand)

SK Munasinghe

Tyre 205/60 R 16 VE302 R/TL DUNLOP JAPAN Rs.19,800.00

Tyre 205/60 R 16 SPLM703 R/TL DUNLOP THAILAND Rs.17,600.00

U & H

Maxxis Taiwan 18,450.00

Dunlop Japan 18,740.00

Kinforest China 13,080.00

Mastercraft USA 21,200.00

Finally went ahead with Michelins since I got a good deal on Primacy LC.

So how much did the Michelins cost anyway?

19,000 ... D*MO was getting the new model and they had few Primacy LCs in Kandy. Talked to the Sales manager he got them down and sent it to a place near Nugegoda.

Must say that they got a very impressed customer after that.

I recently went through the exercise of replacing tyres for my Lancer Ex. Am not sure whether the following info would help. I think there are better options than the Roadstone in that price range.

Following are some quotes that I got;

Alfred E

205-60R16/ZE912 – Rs.15,700.00 (falken Thailand)

SK Munasinghe

Tyre 205/60 R 16 VE302 R/TL DUNLOP JAPAN Rs.19,800.00

Tyre 205/60 R 16 SPLM703 R/TL DUNLOP THAILAND Rs.17,600.00

U & H

Maxxis Taiwan 18,450.00

Dunlop Japan 18,740.00

Kinforest China 13,080.00

Mastercraft USA 21,200.00

Finally went ahead with Michelins since I got a good deal on Primacy LC.

Thanks dieahrd,

Kindly share the nember or addresse of U&H if you have. Even I was thnking of Dunlop. Do you any idea of Kumho's performance?

• 2 weeks later...
As for me...I used to go to a place which did allignments using hi-tech ie. computers, lasers, print-outs the full works. They were good for a time when they had a former CTB foreman at the controls, then things gradually changed and now they are utterly useless, basically ripping off customers in style and worst of all the owner does not tolerate any complaints from customers. His policy seems to be that the customer is always wrong.

Now I go to a place at Walana in Panadura and they are perfect and I have absolutely no complaints.They use a manual system and at that an antique allignment machine (something worth at least to look at if computerised allignments are your thing) which they had got from Rowlands when it closed down. For me and the hundreds that throng the place everyday the system works perfect eventhough archaic! :)

From my experience its not the equipment they use determines the quality of their work. The equipment can only measure the parameters, and notify the technician. It is the technician who interprets the numbers and apply actual adjustments. So, no matter what tech it is (high or low), the capability of the technician is the defining factor.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Try find the Bridgestone Sneaker in SL and i have seen its from 3 different countries (Made in Japan, Malaysia and Taiwan) but only 1st and the 2nd made is up to the compliance standards in US and AUS so Taiwan made is not a good choice) This is the factory fitted Tyre for most of the small Jap cars.

Cheers

JC

I recently replaced 4 GT radial Classiro tyres on my Civic ES8 with 4 Kumho Solus KH17s as there were positive reviews online about them. The ride quality has improved drastically and the tyre noise levels have gone down significantly as well. Grips well in wet and dry roads, highway noise is unnoticeable, tyre pressure holds up well even with monthly pressure checks, was reasonably priced at Rs11000 per tyre.As far as expectations from a tyre goes, i cant be happier

My other considerations at the time were Michelin Energy XM2 for rs.15750/= each but found them to have worse reviews online than these Kumhos, and for the difference in price i could get a spare tyre too

I recently replaced 4 GT radial Classiro tyres on my Civic ES8 with 4 Kumho Solus KH17s as there were positive reviews online about them. The ride quality has improved drastically and the tyre noise levels have gone down significantly as well. Grips well in wet and dry roads, highway noise is unnoticeable, tyre pressure holds up well even with monthly pressure checks, was reasonably priced at Rs11000 per tyre.As far as expectations from a tyre goes, i cant be happier My other considerations at the time were Michelin Energy XM2 for rs.15750/= each but found them to have worse reviews online than these Kumhos, and for the difference in price i could get a spare tyre too

Could you share the place you got the tires from and the size ?

My bg turanza ar12 s are also on the way out (40k +) i am looking for 185/70 14 ones.

I recently replaced 4 GT radial Classiro tyres on my Civic ES8 with 4 Kumho Solus KH17s as there were positive reviews online about them. The ride quality has improved drastically and the tyre noise levels have gone down significantly as well. Grips well in wet and dry roads, highway noise is unnoticeable, tyre pressure holds up well even with monthly pressure checks, was reasonably priced at Rs11000 per tyre.As far as expectations from a tyre goes, i cant be happier My other considerations at the time were Michelin Energy XM2 for rs.15750/= each but found them to have worse reviews online than these Kumhos, and for the difference in price i could get a spare tyre too

I've had a pretty bad experinece from Kumhos so I try my best to stay away from those. Almost two tyres out of the four I go down for the festiva just burst and part of the tread broke off (less that 10K). And mind you this happened when i was travelling in the negombo road at quite a moderate speed. I still thank my guardian angel for being next to me that day. A manufacturing fault- was the agent's reply, which i followed with a piece of my mind. After that I kind of shy away from Kumhos. But this happened a few years back so , you never know.

I've had a pretty bad experinece from Kumhos so I try my best to stay away from those. Almost two tyres out of the four I go down for the festiva just burst and part of the tread broke off (less that 10K). And mind you this happened when i was travelling in the negombo road at quite a moderate speed. I still thank my guardian angel for being next to me that day. A manufacturing fault- was the agent's reply, which i followed with a piece of my mind. After that I kind of shy away from Kumhos. But this happened a few years back so , you never know.

I did consider that prior to purchasing mine, it seemed like a certain batch before mine from a different model had a factory defect. Then again it could happen with any manufacturer. But so far i have done close to 6000km on my tires without any problems and tread seems brand new.

The tires i bought were 185/70R14 from Sam***singhe wheel alignment in Gamsabha junction (small shop adjoining a well known "on the way home" supermarket)

• 4 months later...

I Recently replaced my pair of Goodyear duraplus tires with Bridgstone ecopia 150.Good year tires were out of stock at many places so I went with them.I'm impressed at how quiet and comfortable the ride has become.It feels like a water bed/baloon type comfort very different feeling from other tires I have used so far.These tires has very low rolling resistance sometimes you feel like you don't have tires,you really don't feel the road and tires when driving which I really like.

(mazda 3 is notorious for road feel)

My comparison between goodyear duraplus vs bridgstone ecopia on a mazda axela (195/65/R15)

Comfort :About 30% increase than goodyear,30% reduction in bumpiness

Noise:Almost about 60% noise reduction,Finally can drive peacefully without the radio

Roadfeel:About 30% reduction than good year,roadfeel now almost non exist.

Braking:About 20-30% reduction in braking ability than good year.Nothing to complain can live with it.But some noticeable reduction.Feels like car wants to roll a bit more than braking.

Handling:Quite same with Both.But cornering at low speeds has improved with BS.Can drive like a three-wheeler guy

Millage and thread wear:cannot comment yet

I think This is the best tyre I have tried on a mazda so far.I have tried Falken,Continental,GT radial,goodyear and champiro on my older nissan and mazda.Nothing came close to the absense of road feel and noise of this tyre.I think I have found the perfect tyre for a mazda 3 in that price range.

• Like 1

ane manda, lack of road feel is good ? :D

I like it to some extent but it was bit too much with the mazda axela on previous tires..Felt like car running without shocks..

Edited by GayanR