• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Tyre Brand....!

abcjayasinghe

9 hours ago, Crosswind said:

yes they are ok for ordinary driving. If you plan to drive a lot in heavy rains and on the highway for example, you should stay away from them.

I drive on highway daily. My main worry is safety when driving on highway on rainy days. 

2 hours ago, Prime said:

I drive on highway daily. My main worry is safety when driving on highway on rainy days. 

Then your number 1 priority should be tyres and brakes.

The formula is very simple.

• if the value of 4 tyres is greater than the value of your life, then fix the Landsail tyres
  • If the value of 4 tyres is less than the value of your life, fix the Bridgestones (or brands like Yokohama, Sumitomo, Good Year, Dunlop, Falken or something similar)
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 8:08 AM, Prime said:

Second what @Crosswind says

There is a marked difference in the quality of tires between these dodgy 3rd rate Chinese tires and top tier manufacturers (even if made in markets outside their base of operation)

One shouldn't underestimate the amount of R&D as well as testing that goes in to proper tires - so it's not just the brand name and quality of the materials that you pay a premium for with good tires.

Check Pirelli at Toyota Lanka as well - they have a card offer on Sampath Bank or something on going

Also check Grease Monkey .lk for offers on tires

• Like 1

If you do a fair bit of long distance stay away from the cheap Chinese knock off tyres. As Devinda mentioned, loads of R&D and testing go in to those expensive tyres. All tyres are black and round but they aren't all the same, those expensive tyres are expensive for a reason. Those quality tyres make a massive improvement in emergency braking distance and general grip levels. In addition they absorb minor potholes and imperfections better than those cheaper tyres.

Watch this:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2017 at 7:24 AM, rukmaldk said:

Just addding my two cents in the hope of giving out user experiences with tyres :

I have been running a pair of Bridgestone Ecopia EP200 in my Aqua at the front which have run about 15,000kms and a pair of Dunlop Fastresponse OEM Jap tyres at the back which has seen about 61,000kms already. I maintain correct air pressure on all tyres at 30psi and do alignments at every service

My verdict - 

EP200 (Thailand) - looks worn straight from the factory with a simple tread pattern, but very soft compound and road holding is good even during slightly wet weather. Very comfortable when going over potholes with them too. However I have heard that the tyres wear out faster at around 35ks, 

Fastresponse (Japan) - Tread Still looking good after 61ks and might go all the way to 80-100ks. I am quite scared to have them at the front as they are not that sure footed as the EP200s. This is very apparent when making a U turn in a gravelly area, the car would just slip and slide without much control at full lock, and I generally drive much slower when the service guys rotate tyres.

Michelin Energy saver (UK) - looks very nice on the car, grip is very good if not excellent on asphalt, back tyres slightly goes out of line when cornering on gravelly roads when not fully loaded (maybe due to bad shocks), braking is top notch, wet weather performance for safe driving is very good (I do not do stunts), tyres absorb a lot of road imperfections, and overall very satisfied with them. Warranty is also for 60,000kms if maintained right.

Kumho Solus KH17 (Korea) - ran for 47,000kms before switching to Michelins, overall was very pleased with them, though there are stories of failures of this model of tyre. Wet weather and dry grip is fantastic, comfort is very good though bumps and imperfections are more pronounced compared to the Michelins. price was on the high side for a medium budget tyre but generally happy with them

I was going through this interesting thread. and below part contradicts what i read .

Fastresponse (Japan) - Tread Still looking good after 61ks and might go all the way to 80-100ks. I am quite scared to have them at the front as they are not that sure footed as the EP200s. This is very apparent when making a U turn in a gravelly area, the car would just slip and slide without much control at full lock, and I generally drive much slower when the service guys rotate tyres.

In case changing only a single pair of Tyre's the newer pair should be fixed in the rear right ? 

2 hours ago, Boeing747 said:

In case changing only a single pair of Tyre's the newer pair should be fixed in the rear right 

Yes. The tires with more tread depth should be at the rear. This is because if the rear tires loose grip before the front tires, the car will spin out of control. If the front looses grip, the driver will feel it early and can make a correction to remain in control of the vehicle. Sadly in Sri Lanka many people and tire shops believe it's the other way round!

• Like 2

Used Bridgestone EP300 (Thailand) for about 25,000km when it had to be replaced due to excess wear (Granted I do drive a bit aggressively) and now I switched to Nangkang's NS2 tires. About 1000km in and so far they are so much better than the EP300's in the dry however i do worry a bit about its wet performance. Not expecting to get more than 30,000km from them though! 

7 hours ago, kadsa98 said:

Used Bridgestone EP300 (Thailand) for about 25,000km when it had to be replaced due to excess wear (Granted I do drive a bit aggressively) and now I switched to Nangkang's NS2 tires. About 1000km in and so far they are so much better than the EP300's in the dry however i do worry a bit about its wet performance. Not expecting to get more than 30,000km from them though! 

Hello Kadsa98,

This is my personal experience I am sharing.

If you look after them they last for a while! 

Check the tyre pressure regularly at least once a month unless you running on nitrogen

Wheel alignment every 10k KM and balance and swap front to rare.

Avoid curbing

I am using Falken and they served me well and I do follow as I am mentioned above and the last set of rubber lasted me 80k KM (still 2MM left)

regards,

JC

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CNX said:

Yes. The tires with more tread depth should be at the rear. This is because if the rear tires loose grip before the front tires, the car will spin out of control. If the front looses grip, the driver will feel it early and can make a correction to remain in control of the vehicle. Sadly in Sri Lanka many people and tire shops believe it's the other way round!

Yes. Popular Belief is the other way around.

6 hours ago, Boeing747 said:

Going through the thread i learnt that the ride comfort could be improved using Bridgestone ecopia or dunlop sp touring r1. Can some one share about the DUNLOP In terms of ride comfort and road noise.

regards

Depends on the series/tread pattern and what it was designed for. A Japanese made softer compound tire meant for a passenger car is likely to have a softer compound rubber tire which will wear faster but provide a more supple ride

Dunlop SP Sportmaxx > Dunlop Veuro > Dunlop LM704

4 hours ago, varotone said:

Running on nitrogen? You mean the fuel is liquid nitrogen or the tyres are inflated with (80%?) nitrogen? :speechless-smiley-004:

Through rigorous testing and analysis, I've found out a volumetric mixture of 78% Nitrogen to 21% Oxygen and 1% Argon works best for Srilankan road conditions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 12:49 PM, Boeing747 said:

Going through the thread i learnt that the ride comfort could be improved using Bridgestone ecopia or dunlop sp touring r1. Can some one share about the DUNLOP In terms of ride comfort and road noise.

regards

I replaced fronts of my allion with dunlop sp touring,significance change in ride quality.very comfortable,good grip while cornering at high speeds.better than ecopia.ecopia is comfortable too but i felt like the road contact is minimum plus in wet driving it doesn't have a good grip.Feels like it could skid.but the tire dunlop itself looks kinda ugly.looks very basic and thread look weared from sides even though it's brand new.

Edited by GayanR
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2019 at 9:30 PM, GayanR said:

I replaced fronts of my allion with dunlop sp touring,significance change in ride quality.very comfortable,good grip while cornering at high speeds.better than ecopia.ecopia is comfortable too but i felt like the road contact is minimum plus in wet driving it doesn't have a good grip.Feels like it could skid.but the tire dunlop itself looks kinda ugly.looks very basic and thread look weared from sides even though it's brand new.

The wear issue on the Ecopia's is a thing - irrespective of whether or not the right pressure has been maintained or if the alignment and rotation has been done the tread on the sides disappear leaving just the center the ridges :(

On 11/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, Prime said:

Has anyone used a tyre brand called "Landsail"? Those tyres are manufactured in China. My requirement is 195/45R17. I have limited options. Bridgestone (31000), Kumho-korean (21000), and this brand Landsail (12600). Name is bit odd. Feels like grip is not good. But price is very low. Please share your experience if you have used this brand recently.

Saw a group of 'Sunfull' 195 R16 tyres a while back. Those are chinese too I guess but were up for real cheap. 

Also the Ecopia case is worth mentioning. For some weird reason our Swift has 2 Maxxis MA-P1 & 2 Bridgestone EP150 Ecopias. Even with the tyres rotated with each axle having a bridgestone on one side & a maxxis on the other, the bridgestones have worn out real bad. For me, Dunlop/Yokohama/Maxxis are the favourite choices.

Edited by □AVANTE□
  • Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 7:21 PM, walkernet said:

Anyone has idea about brand called "Lassa", the tyre shop says that it's produced in Turkey and has similar characteristics as Bridgestone tyres. They quoted Rs.14750 for 195/65/15 Lassa Impetus Revo tyre and says it will last for more than 60k KMs. 

Don't buy in to sales speak from the shop folks - literally the first time i've ever hear of this so called brand 

Check on sites like the following for actual user reviews - 

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

https://www.tyrereview.com.au/reviews

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/tires.htm

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

• Like 2

7 hours ago, □AVANTE□ said:

Bridgestone EP150 Ecopias. Even with the tyres rotated with each axle having a bridgestone on one side & a maxxis on the other, the bridgestones have worn out real bad. For me, Dunlop/Yokohama/Maxxis are the favourite choices.

Bridgestone has a reputation of wearing out quickly under Sri lankan conditions. Maybe these are not the original Japanese ones they are importing. However My car Had bridgestone potenza (Japan made) set of tyres which has held up nicely after 4 years. I am still keeping them as a spare in case of emergency.

19 minutes ago, K.o.N.o.S said:

Bridgestone has a reputation of wearing out quickly under Sri lankan conditions. Maybe these are not the original Japanese ones they are importing. However My car Had bridgestone potenza (Japan made) set of tyres which has held up nicely after 4 years. I am still keeping them as a spare in case of emergency.

Best tyres I've ever used. Talking specifically of the RE003. They've been on my car for a couple of years now and they hold the road like crazy! Not sure if they're a bit overkill for a point A to B car that's mainly driven within city limits, because it's a performance tyre. But if you track the car or drive a car that's got decent power, then absolutely. 

• Like 1