• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Good Tyre Brand....!

abcjayasinghe

Hi all... Is the tyre brand KUMHO any good?.. There is a 40% off for KUMHO at D*MO and wanted to know if they are a good brand just like michellin or bridgestone... My current tyre size is 175/70/14 .... thought of upgrading it into 185/70/14... if i upgrade it from 70 to 75, will there be a significant difference in the height?..want to do that because currently there is a gap between the mud guard and tyres, so want to close that gap too... I dont want to see the car going higher than the ground level so want to clarify if the car height will go higher... 

59 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Hi all... Is the tyre brand KUMHO any good?.. There is a 40% off for KUMHO at D*MO and wanted to know if they are a good brand just like michellin or bridgestone... My current tyre size is 175/70/14 .... thought of upgrading it into 185/70/14... if i upgrade it from 70 to 75, will there be a significant difference in the height?..want to do that because currently there is a gap between the mud guard and tyres, so want to close that gap too... I dont want to see the car going higher than the ground level so want to clarify if the car height will go higher... 

I also need to replace my front tires. Now i can see nylons on them. Where can we get this offer from D*MO ?

My tire size is 185/65/15 and also wondering if i go for 195/65/15 will it effect to fuel consumption ?

49 minutes ago, rcmadawala said:

I also need to replace my front tires. Now i can see nylons on them. Where can we get this offer from D*MO ?

My tire size is 185/65/15 and also wondering if i go for 195/65/15 will it effect to fuel consumption ?

35-40% off the list price is the usual discount you get for tyres. That's nothing spectacular.

You have tyres that are worn to the brim and all you are worried about is the discount and fuel economy? I just can't understand some people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crosswind said:

You have tyres that are worn to the brim and all you are worried about is the discount and fuel economy? I just can't understand some people.

wahahahahahahah :D

2 hours ago, rcmadawala said:

while driving, a girl stopped a car and gave a leaflet.. it says you can get from D*MO.. no details of D*MO is added in it.. only about the tyre brand

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

wahahahahahahah :D

while driving, a girl stopped a car and gave a leaflet.. it says you can get from D*MO.. no details of D*MO is added in it.. only about the tyre brand

I see. AFAIK KUMHO is a korean thingy and they should be good than Chinese ones. Is leaflet saying something about pricing ? 

6 minutes ago, rcmadawala said:

I see. AFAIK KUMHO is a korean thingy and they should be good than Chinese ones. Is leaflet saying something about pricing ? 

no it says, just 40% off... and i checked the D*MO website for pricing at its mention there that the original pricing for kumho starts from 11k.. so if 40% then i guess we can get if for around 7k or something... yeah in the leaflet it also says kumho is korea number one and all the details about the tyres.. the offer is valid until 31st of march itseems... 

11 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

I just called the fellows... the trye is Rs. 17500/- :D with the discount its going for 10k+ something.. I'd rather put Michellin or something :D 

Are Michelin tyres available around 10k's?

14 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

I just called the fellows... the trye is Rs. 17500/- :D with the discount its going for 10k+ something.. I'd rather put Michellin or something :D 

lol. so kumho is no go. I saw an ad on ik*an saying they have GOODYEAR DURAPLUS THAILAND starting from 8000. Guess GOODYEAR is good enough :D

28 minutes ago, jmzsl said:

Is 13k for the 185/70/14 tyre? I got quote for Bridgestone Indonesian 195/65R15 tyre for 10.5k. Do you have experience using Bridgestone tyres?

i dont know the exact price. haven't used bridgestone before.. heard it should be 13k or something... I just wanna put some good genuine europian high quality tyres

9 hours ago, Crosswind said:

am i the only one who is still  concerned about @rcmadawala's condition of the tyres than discounts etc.?

Dude - get yourself a set of Chinese tyres if you can't afford a big brand. I've used them in the past. Nothing much to complain about. They don't last very long but they perform ok.

wahahahahahah I was wondering the same :D So no you are not alone :D

20 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

http://www.tyrepress.com/2017/03/brand-finance-bridgestone-the-most-valuable-tyre-brand/

13 hours ago, Crosswind said:

am i the only one who is still  concerned about @rcmadawala's condition of the tyres than discounts etc.?

Dude - get yourself a set of Chinese tyres if you can't afford a big brand. I've used them in the past. Nothing much to complain about. They don't last very long but they perform ok.

@Crosswind Maybe i can afford . may be i can't. But to decide that i need to know the brands, prices etc. right ? :D

1 hour ago, rcmadawala said:

@Crosswind Maybe i can afford . may be i can't. But to decide that i need to know the brands, prices etc. right ? :D

That's quite like living with a deadly heart condition and being picky about cheap hospitals without rushing to the nearest emergency room. :)

But seriously, how can you drive around with tyres worn out that bad? 

20 hours ago, Davy said:

That's quite like living with a deadly heart condition and being picky about cheap hospitals without rushing to the nearest emergency room. :)

But seriously, how can you drive around with tyres worn out that bad? 

@Crosswind @Davy

I had pair of Maxxis tires. This morning i upgraded my ass / heart with pair of GoodYear.  :D:D
Cost me 12k per one.

Edited by rcmadawala