• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Smartphone Photography

Magnum

but Sony phones dont have any sort of hardware faults in their camera :P

true, still normal shots, the samsung does it wee bit better. im gonna try some night shots later from both phones

it did better.

when both phones are on night mode,

the galaxy S2 is smooth as the normal mode but there is a lot of noise

where the arc s was lagging like it was working in 5fps, but much less noise.

@magnum - just put the pics i took at night to the computer

the S2 looks much better at night shots. which sort of suprised me

ill PM you the pics of fb, coz they are not worthy here

it did better.

when both phones are on night mode,

the galaxy S2 is smooth as the normal mode but there is a lot of noise

where the arc s was lagging like it was working in 5fps, but much less noise.

Bumps up the ISO = Faster Shutter speeds (Smooth), then lot of noise

Lower the ISO = Slow Shutter speeds (Lagging), then less noise. Now if you have steady hands this will give you better shots.

Think that you have a camera and you are shooting in the dark.

In general when the camera/you chooses a low ISO, the sensitivity of the sensor is low which means it should expose the sensor to the object comparatively a bit longer to gather the light. So for each frame it shows on the display, we can assume a frame takes 200ms to collect it's light (taking your 5fps theory) and go through all the analog to digital processing, vice versa and show it on the display. Now you perceive this as lag.

When the camera/you chooses a higher ISO, the sensitivity is also high and the time needed to gather light coming from the object is comparatively low. Which in turn will update the frame on your display comparatively faster and you referred to this as smooth.

implementing either or these is the manufacturer's choise.

In general on a given sensor the noise increases when the ISO is increased. Now there are various reasons for noise to creep in when the ISO is bumped up.

I hope you got my point. Feel free to add anything.

BTW try lowering the exposure to -0.3 in Arc S under day light and the results will be better.

Edited by NRX

Bumps up the ISO = Faster Shutter speeds (Smooth), then lot of noise

Lower the ISO = Slow Shutter speeds (Lagging), then less noise. Now if you have steady hands this will give you better shots.

I hope you realised you make no sense whatsoever. Shutter speed isn't a factor on live view like things on phone. And even shooting slow shutter on a high ISO can have noise. Highly dependent on the sensor.

The point to be taken from Schiffer, Sony knows their sensors. Which is why Nikon buys sensors from Sony instead of making their own.

I hope you realised you make no sense whatsoever. Shutter speed isn't a factor on live view like things on phone. And even shooting slow shutter on a high ISO can have noise. Highly dependent on the sensor.

The point to be taken from Schiffer, Sony knows their sensors. Which is why Nikon buys sensors from Sony instead of making their own.

Perry, may be I jumped the gun. I will edit the post :)

For a moment there I thought you are on a slide, based on the opposite lock and the tire mark :D

Actually the skid mark is from my car... Skidded and went out of the road.. The bush area is a slope and at the end of it is a water flow. Car narrowly stopped just above the water level. The photo was take after the car was pushed back to the road..you can see some leafs stuck between the doors.. Luckily no one was hurt and not a single scratch to the car also... :)

Apple and Samsung also buy from Sony. some say SIII and 4S have the same sensor

like peri said sony knows there sensors.

also a little fact i like to point out

when taking widescreen shots, the S2 produce 16:10 pics

where the sony produce 16:9 pics

which for me is perfect since most our devices are 16:9

like peri said sony knows there sensors.

also a little fact i like to point out

when taking widescreen shots, the S2 produce 16:10 pics

where the sony produce 16:9 pics

which for me is perfect since most our devices are 16:9

I have to do a comparison between my Xperia S and Galaxy SII

• 1 month later...
Guys,

Do you know how many "sealed" (packed) phones one person can bring to Sri Lanka after a 2 day holiday from Singapore? I want to know the legal limit? .

2 day "holiday" huh? :rolleyes:

Technically you can bring as many as you want, just that you'll have to pay some form or import duty/tax on them. But why dont you call the customs department or look up THIER website for this. You can get the information right from the horse's mouth

call 1919 and inquire. you can ask anything that's government related from that hotline from 8.00 a.m - 6.00 p.m

there service is pretty decent

Edited by Schiffer