• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Question

When I was looking for new car, advertisements and car salesman's talk about the warranty and free service for the car. Some say you would be a getting a warranty from Sterling Japan with free services and other say you get free services for Auto Miraj. If Sterling warranty is included generally the price is couple of laks more. But when I ask about details about of service they were not able to provide me with the clear answer.

1. Has anyone use this free service from sterling Japan. Who are the local dealers or contact point ?

2. Has anyone claim the sterling warranty ? If so from where and how ?

3. Is sterling warranty is real at all ?

Companies like renault actually rent the battery to users and charge a monthly fee which then gets used for its replacement later in life!

Sound like a very practical way to cover the battery replacement cost Don,but it will not work in Srilanka.

Because the typical Thell higanna will [email protected] in his pants if he hears about a "monthly-fee" for the hybrid battery,which will ruin his fuel cost savings.

• Like 1

Sound like a very practical way to cover the battery replacement cost Don,but it will not work in Srilanka.

Because the typical Thell higanna will [email protected] in his pants if he hears about a "monthly-fee" for the hybrid battery,which will ruin his fuel cost savings.

True, this is why so many hybrids are being sold so quickly after purchase. Owners taking the hit on initial deppreciation to avoid spending on the battery. Second hand prices have also dropped spectacularly.

A friend bought a fairly new Civic Hybrid for 4.7 million a couple of years ago, sold a couple of weeks ago for 3.1 million with only 40k kms on it. It had started to display symptoms of the above IMA battery issues. Fact is it would have been cheaper for him to have it repaired even at his own cost but sadly he had to leave the country for a year, so rather than keep it on ice and possibly make it worse, he sold it on and took the loss.

I have had a very bad experience with this hybrid warranty people starting with k***. They are not willing to bring down and replace parts that come under the power-train warranty. The worst service ever I would say. This was given to me by the car sale where i bought a Honda fit gp5 and they pretty-much sold this as a hassle free warranty. Well, its attached to a famous service chain as well, which doesn't really give much value.

The first few times they attended to it, but it was such a hassle needed to carry the vehicle to the service center, and then they take it to their repair center in negombo. And once they fix it temporarily, they send it back, but then again its dusty and not clean at all at return. I had to pay for the petrol they have tested the car and all that. But then again the same problem comes back.

But, the guy who works at the workshop in negombo which seperately operated also seems to be quite good and he makes sense. Just that when the warranty company, service agent and the workshop gets together it becomes a bad soup. I had to contact each and every person to get something done.

And at the end they suggested to do quick fixes as well and i felt that they do not want to bring down the part required which made the car stall from time to time. And also, when you try to contact the warranty company, the guy who is in charge does not pick up the phone. I doubt anyone else had a good experience from this place. So this is m two cents about this joint and avoid is what i suggest. Hope this helps.

The so called auto warranties are not worth the paper they are written on, unless it is offered by a main agent.

The only way this will become better is for the government to legislate and make auto warranties become insurance products, which will require the said companies to have an insurance company licens, be regulated and come under the insurance ombudsman.

Frankly this is how its done everywhere else!

On 4/21/2013 at 1:14 PM, koolb said:

When I was looking for new car, advertisements and car salesman's talk about the warranty and free service for the car. Some say you would be a getting a warranty from Sterling Japan with free services and other say you get free services for Auto Miraj. If Sterling warranty is included generally the price is couple of laks more. But when I ask about details about of service they were not able to provide me with the clear answer.

1. Has anyone use this free service from sterling Japan. Who are the local dealers or contact point ?

2. Has anyone claim the sterling warranty ? If so from where and how ?

3. Is sterling warranty is real at all ?

Not at all.  It's basically taking the customer for a joy ride. 

My personal experience is that in future to go for without Warranty basis for a lesser value for any vehicle. 

And handle the so called waranty by yourself.

And be in peace and happy than wasting your precious time and energy with these so called organizations which do not know the meaning of WARANTY at the first place.