• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Heartbreak...

iRage

So last week held of on an old Corona and an AE85 for this...a 1977 Toyota Celica with a 2000cc engine (an export model); only to find out that the back had been hacked in to a Ceres (actually the budding looks okay and restorable to original but apparently "frame eka chuttak ganna una" according to the owner. Anyway...went back to the owner and apparently a pilot had made a deposit to buy it. Hope the pilot is a car fan and will bring it up spec albeit it does feel like being a teenager and finding out that the girl you were longing for decided to date some other shmuck...

celicati.jpg

Edited by iRage

Exactly...short of a really bad rear end collision I can't understand why the previous owners had to replace the back.. why couldn't they do some cutting up of the original metal work to fix in whatever lights they could find but still keep the original back-end in tact. oh well....well if the B4 is any indication..the car is going to have a good home and not going to get morphed with a KE20 front end or some s&^t...

I think this pilot has a b4. This has been around pepiliyana for a long time. Sad about the behind. It's like taking Eva Mendez's arse away and fitting somi nona's in place

Komi i am so glad to know u admire Eva mendez's ass

• Like 1

Supra, you were searching for a project car no, why not this? ;)

Will have to wait till next week to know if the car is still available. The "pilot" apparently paid a down payment and left saying he will be back on the 16th... If he doesn't turn up then the seller is happy to negotiate again...

alternatively, there is also a Toyopet Corona for sale (not sure if it is still there). The owner was uncertain about what the heck he wanted which kind of demoralized me. He started with 110K then went to 150K the said okay to 120K then changed is mind and asked for 175K and then he said "hithala balannang". So I just left him to think....The car is a daily driver and is mostly original and according to the mechanic I sent over..only has some surface rust spots...

Edited by iRage

no its not he crazy b4 pilot guy. the other pilot i know drives an axela. he's half japanese. its not him either. so must be another pilot, or not someone who flies for sri lankan.

either way, i really hope you can bring this home. i would love for this to fall into known hands. iRage juts atke cold hard cash. maybe about 20,000 more and say here. take it of fcuking leave it. nothing like the smell of money mate

Supra, you were searching for a project car no, why not this? ;)

Too many projects already machan, the E28 was more a sentimental thing than need for an actual project... I've got my hands full with the Spit and my Boxer engined joint project.

Nice car (at least as seen from the front). Too bad the Eva Mendez rear end is gone. :(

I think this pilot has a b4. This has been around pepiliyana for a long time. Sad about the behind. It's like taking Eva Mendez's arse away and fitting somi nona's in place

Somehow I always manage to find my daily dosage of laughter here on AL. :D

The guy selling it seemed like a decent guy (even my local contact who went to see it said he seemed okay...I know looks can be deceiving). Was tempted to up the offer but before I could he said there is nothing he can do because he already took a deposit and it be WRONG for him to give it away before the agreed date. So...will wait a few days and see what happens.

So..yeah....it does seem like a nice car from front (granted the black stripe with stars is well...a matter of taste I guess)

As for Eva Mendez's posterior...might I just add that it is way too under stated due to a few other over emphasized posteriors.

there's one that needs saving. yes. its in a little place lost in time in battaramulla. hidden away. i have the owner's contact details. he doesn't have the resources to resurrect it. but its there. sitting there. waiting to be rescued. broke my heart to see it. PM or email me if you want the details. ;)

there's one that needs saving. yes. its in a little place lost in time in battaramulla. hidden away. i have the owner's contact details. he doesn't have the resources to resurrect it. but its there. sitting there. waiting to be rescued. broke my heart to see it. PM or email me if you want the details. ;)

As much as I would love to (and I definitely would have if I lived in the country), I think that opportunity should go to somebody with the resources to start the work straight away, rather than let it deteriorate further under the covers. Plus there is the small problem of talking the owner into selling it. Hopefully somebody in AL will pick it up and give it a good home!

Hey Komi..

the 510 is a tempting proposition. Again as in Don's case I am not in the country so whatever project I do take it will be slow to start and slow to progress. So all in all it depends on the state of the 510, and whether if it needs immediate resuscitation or whether it can be on some basic life support for some time.

Either way, can I have the contact details ? Maybe I will ask my dad to go check it out first and see where the owner stands with all this.

Hey Komi..

the 510 is a tempting proposition. Again as in Don's case I am not in the country so whatever project I do take it will be slow to start and slow to progress. So all in all it depends on the state of the 510, and whether if it needs immediate resuscitation or whether it can be on some basic life support for some time.

Either way, can I have the contact details ? Maybe I will ask my dad to go check it out first and see where the owner stands with all this.

iRage, all I can tell you is that in Sri Lanka, unless your father is really enthusiastic, you can't do a restoration project by remote control. Everything that is done needs to be closely monitored or nothing will get done. It's just the nature of the place.

Yeah I understand Don....we will be coming back to SL on a permanent long-term basis at the end of the year. So like I said...whatever I find now will have to be able to withstand a "slow start"; also dad too is a car fanatic so that makes things a bit easier.

Edited by iRage