• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hey guys!

I am interested in buying this CK2 that I saw today. It is in really good condition, except for some minor bodywork. The engine is in immaculate condition and it runs perfectly, but I have a question about that.
There is like a huge empty space on the upper right side under the hood. I did a test run and the vehicle runs very smoothly. Im not much of a mechanical minded guy...but that empty space is just driving me crazy. I don't know if i should buy the vehicle or not. Very confused.

I wanna know if all CK2's come like that or if anything needs to be fixed. I've added a google pic and pointed out in red; the section that looks empty. Btw, im not sure if that air filter (if im right) was there...can an engine run smoothly without an air filter? (again, I suck at the auto mechanics, so please take it easy on me)

Car specs:

Lancer CK2, YOM - 2000, One owner (Company Maintained), 1500cc, Manual.

Please explain in simple terms.

Thanks

post-55290-0-73873800-1365344851_thumb.j

Hey guys!

I am interested in buying this CK2 that I saw today. It is in really good condition, except for some minor bodywork. The engine is in immaculate condition and it runs perfectly, but I have a question about that.

There is like a huge empty space on the upper right side under the hood. I did a test run and the vehicle runs very smoothly. Im not much of a mechanical minded guy...but that empty space is just driving me crazy. I don't know if i should buy the vehicle or not. Very confused.

I wanna know if all CK2's come like that or if anything needs to be fixed. I've added a google pic and pointed out in red; the section that looks empty. Btw, im not sure if that air filter (if im right) was there...can an engine run smoothly without an air filter? (again, I suck at the auto mechanics, so please take it easy on me)

Car specs:

Lancer CK2, YOM - 2000, One owner (Company Maintained), 1500cc, Manual.

Please explain in simple terms.

Thanks

You should have taken a picture of the actual engine bay in question.

The answer is no, you can't effectively run a car without an air filter as too many dust particles will mess up the throttle body. But while the stock air filter looks like the one in the pic, you can fit after market cone like filters which look different. Without seeing the engine bay in question its not easy to answer this question.

Thanks for the info dude. I checked other CK2's and found a difference. The difference is that the one I'm about to buy has the filter on top of the engine and the others as the one on the picture above.
Btw, I wanna know if my price is right. I am buying it for 1.5mil.

Its a 2000 model, F/O, Manual, 1.5cc, One owner, Navy Blue, Original Condition.

Defects: Minor dents, needs a layer of paint, A/C needs to be repaired.

Advantages: Damn good engine, all electricals are working perfectly, only 113000kms done, one owner.

I know its useless asking if the price is right after offering but I just wanna know.

Thanks

P.S. can somebody tell me a good place to do the A/C work and do a good paint job for a low or average cost?

Thanks for the info dude. I checked other CK2's and found a difference. The difference is that the one I'm about to buy has the filter on top of the engine and the others as the one on the picture above.

Advantages: Damn good engine, all electricals are working perfectly, only 113000kms done, one owner.

I know its useless asking if the price is right after offering but I just wanna know.

Thanks

P.S. can somebody tell me a good place to do the A/C work and do a good paint job for a low or average cost?

Your car has a carburetor rather than an electronic fuel injection system, hence the lack of the air filter box and mass air flow sensor on the side.

The car sounds a good buy but I can't comment on the price. The AC is an easy repair. There is a place called Sithulya AC works in Pepiliyana road after the bridge on your left if travelling from Gansaba junction. A few members have recommended that place.

Its a carburetor??...so the fuel sucks is it??...what are the advantages and disadvantages to it?

EFI engines are a bit more efficient. There is no advantage to a carburetor over electronic fuel injection except probably the fact that there are less electronics involved, though personally tuning a carburetor is quite a difficult and subtle task in its own right.

But you have to look at the entire package rather than focus on one aspect. Quite a few of the brand new imported CK2s had carburetor engines.

Thanks

is it a full option car..? anyway as a CK2 user i can tell its better buying a EFI model than carb model.., its really difficult to tuning carbs of this model.. trust me i know.... :sad-smiley-047:

Thanks guys...but since i couldn't find a ck2 within my budget im having my options open. I'm came across a galant and i thought I'd take a look at it. How is the fuel consumption in a diesel 2.0L galant? the car specs are:

2000cc, Manual, 240000km on the clock (with complete engine overhaul at 220000km), YOM 2000

Asking price: 1.6mil

What do you guys think?

Thanks guys...but since i couldn't find a ck2 within my budget im having my options open. I'm came across a galant and i thought I'd take a look at it. How is the fuel consumption in a diesel 2.0L galant? the car specs are:

2000cc, Manual, 240000km on the clock (with complete engine overhaul at 220000km), YOM 2000

Asking price: 1.6mil

What do you guys think?

when considering current market value 1.6m is good price for you. but its depending on the condition of the car.

• Like 1