• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fd1 Starting Problem

random

Question

I have a 2007 FD1 which starts perfectly when its the first start in the morning but have to crank it for 2-4 seconds for it to start after running for even a short distance or even when I start it in the evening after leaving it parked for a long time .

The perfect start in the morning happens all the time but the delay in starting at other times happens about 80% of the time.

I have taken it to Stafford, done engine tune ups, spark plug clean ups, injector system clean ups etc for without any improvement. Staford guys have no solution.

Will be greatful for any expertise.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

sounds like a problem related to fuel path, but real root cause might be a different issue.

few possibilities.

1. problem in fuel pressure regulator

2. might be a problem related to "fuel pump relay".

3. problem in IAT sensor

in "first start in the morning" problem is not there, then try to "off and restart" the engine few times in the morning, or run engine 15 mins and off and try to restart it. try some possible actions to identify precise combinations and update the thread.

i think you might have already read this funny story.

http://www.netscrap.com/netscrap_detail.cfm?scrap_id=501

"first start in the morning" might be something like flavor of ice cream in this story(i am not kidding :-) ).

more observations will help you to identify the real problem without doing "trial and error" part replacement.

Edited by MV-5