• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Hatchback Buying Help

GayanR

Question

Hi guys,Thought of buying a new car.I was looking for a car around 1.8m and this Mazda hatchback caught my eye.Do you guys have an idea what options and models i should look for when buying this car.Plz give me a basic conclution about the car and it's engine,manufacturer date and gear box varieties i should go for.Tanx :)

7 answers to this question

Hi Gayan,

I believe that you had seen the one advertised on AL today.Basically the Familia is JDM and the 323 was manufactured for export.

I have been using a Familia BJ5W (Special Edition) for over 2 years now.

The Special Editon has several options like 15" Mazda alloy wheels,body kit,Nardi Torino leather steering,VVT engine,different suspension system, 4 air bags etc ( There are variants of the Special Editon too )

The car handles really well and is on top on performance too, my car (M/T) does around 10-11 in Colombo and 14-15 Outstation.

The BJ5W was manufactured from 1998 onwards and the face lift version was manufactured since the latter part of 2000.

The car comes with an EFI engine (M/T n A/T) and some cars manufactured after 2001 came with triptronic gears.

I don't know much about the 323 but I think that it comes with a 1600cc engins while the Familia comes with a 1500cc engine.

The 323's were imported from Singapore/Malaysia, the ones which came with leather seat.

Edit : 1600 cc engine.

Spare parts and body parts are freely available.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom

Hi Gayan,

I believe that you had seen the one advertised on AL today.Basically the Familia is JDM and the 323 was manufactured for export.

I have been using a Familia BJ5W (Special Edition) for over 2 years now.

The Special Editon has several options like 15" Mazda alloy wheels,body kit,Nardi Torino leather steering,VVT engine,different suspension system, 4 air bags etc ( There are variants of the Special Editon too )

The car handles really well and is on top on performance too, my car (M/T) does around 10-11 in Colombo and 14-15 Outstation.

The BJ5W was manufactured from 1998 onwards and the face lift version was manufactured since the latter part of 2000.

The car comes with an EFI engine (M/T n A/T) and some cars manufactured after 2001 came with triptronic gears.

I don't know much about the 323 but I think that it comes with a 1600cc engins while the Familia comes with a 1500cc engine.

The 323's were imported from Singapore/Malaysia, the ones which came with leather seat.

Spare parts and body parts are freely available.

Hi zoom tanx a lot for the info.I'm interest in the hatchback version of the car..the same car on your logo :D.Does it divides as 323 and famila?efi and vvt? I Saw the ad and it's a BJ5WP,I saw some BJ5 hatchbacks .are there any difference between BJ5W and BJ5??

Edited by GayanR

The sedan is known as BJ5P and the wagon/hatch is known as BJ5W...Some people advertise it incorectly as BJ5WP etc...P refers to the sedan while W means the wagon.

If the ad says BJ5 it is either a wagon or a sedan.The number 5 refers to the 1500 cc engine while the number 3 in the model BJ3P refers to a 1300cc engine.

The wagons we have in SL came with a 1500cc n 1600cc engine.

Edit : As far as I know the wagon did not come with a 1300cc engine.

I think that only the Familia came with a 1500cc VVT engine.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom

The sedan is known as BJ5P and the wagon/hatch is known as BJ5W...Some people advertise it incorectly as BJ5WP etc...P refers to the sedan while W means the wagon.

If the ad says BJ5 it is either a wagon or a sedan.The number 5 refers to the 1500 cc engine while the number 3 in the model BJ3P refers to a 1300cc engine.

The wagons we have in SL came with a 1500cc n 1600cc engine.

Edit : As far as I know the wagon did not come with a 1300cc engine.

I think that only the Familia came with a 1500cc VVT engine.

Tanx a lot Zoom.Will c if i can get my hands on a one :) I'm wondering which version gets that transparent crystal rear lights,love those.

Those are after market lights freely available in Thailand and Singapore.You can even get it here.

I had a friend of mine who exchanged his original tail lamps for those ones when I advised him against it and after several months it started to discolour and water started leaking.

Hi zoom-zoom, what is the usual market price of 2003 BJ5W?

The normal version would be around 2.1 - 2.2 M.

Edit : The price depends on the options available.Eg : If it has a VVT engine,body kit etc the price will be higher.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom