• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sign in to follow this  
GayanR

Mazda Hatchback Buying Help

Question

Hi guys,Thought of buying a new car.I was looking for a car around 1.8m and this Mazda hatchback caught my eye.Do you guys have an idea what options and models i should look for when buying this car.Plz give me a basic conclution about the car and it's engine,manufacturer date and gear box varieties i should go for.Tanx :)

7 answers to this question

Hi Gayan,

I believe that you had seen the one advertised on AL today.Basically the Familia is JDM and the 323 was manufactured for export.

I have been using a Familia BJ5W (Special Edition) for over 2 years now.

The Special Editon has several options like 15" Mazda alloy wheels,body kit,Nardi Torino leather steering,VVT engine,different suspension system, 4 air bags etc ( There are variants of the Special Editon too )

The car handles really well and is on top on performance too, my car (M/T) does around 10-11 in Colombo and 14-15 Outstation.

The BJ5W was manufactured from 1998 onwards and the face lift version was manufactured since the latter part of 2000.

The car comes with an EFI engine (M/T n A/T) and some cars manufactured after 2001 came with triptronic gears.

I don't know much about the 323 but I think that it comes with a 1600cc engins while the Familia comes with a 1500cc engine.

The 323's were imported from Singapore/Malaysia, the ones which came with leather seat.

Edit : 1600 cc engine.

Spare parts and body parts are freely available.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom

Hi Gayan,

I believe that you had seen the one advertised on AL today.Basically the Familia is JDM and the 323 was manufactured for export.

I have been using a Familia BJ5W (Special Edition) for over 2 years now.

The Special Editon has several options like 15" Mazda alloy wheels,body kit,Nardi Torino leather steering,VVT engine,different suspension system, 4 air bags etc ( There are variants of the Special Editon too )

The car handles really well and is on top on performance too, my car (M/T) does around 10-11 in Colombo and 14-15 Outstation.

The BJ5W was manufactured from 1998 onwards and the face lift version was manufactured since the latter part of 2000.

The car comes with an EFI engine (M/T n A/T) and some cars manufactured after 2001 came with triptronic gears.

I don't know much about the 323 but I think that it comes with a 1600cc engins while the Familia comes with a 1500cc engine.

The 323's were imported from Singapore/Malaysia, the ones which came with leather seat.

Spare parts and body parts are freely available.

Hi zoom tanx a lot for the info.I'm interest in the hatchback version of the car..the same car on your logo :D.Does it divides as 323 and famila?efi and vvt? I Saw the ad and it's a BJ5WP,I saw some BJ5 hatchbacks .are there any difference between BJ5W and BJ5??

Edited by GayanR

The sedan is known as BJ5P and the wagon/hatch is known as BJ5W...Some people advertise it incorectly as BJ5WP etc...P refers to the sedan while W means the wagon.

If the ad says BJ5 it is either a wagon or a sedan.The number 5 refers to the 1500 cc engine while the number 3 in the model BJ3P refers to a 1300cc engine.

The wagons we have in SL came with a 1500cc n 1600cc engine.

Edit : As far as I know the wagon did not come with a 1300cc engine.

I think that only the Familia came with a 1500cc VVT engine.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom

The sedan is known as BJ5P and the wagon/hatch is known as BJ5W...Some people advertise it incorectly as BJ5WP etc...P refers to the sedan while W means the wagon.

If the ad says BJ5 it is either a wagon or a sedan.The number 5 refers to the 1500 cc engine while the number 3 in the model BJ3P refers to a 1300cc engine.

The wagons we have in SL came with a 1500cc n 1600cc engine.

Edit : As far as I know the wagon did not come with a 1300cc engine.

I think that only the Familia came with a 1500cc VVT engine.

Tanx a lot Zoom.Will c if i can get my hands on a one :) I'm wondering which version gets that transparent crystal rear lights,love those.

Those are after market lights freely available in Thailand and Singapore.You can even get it here.

I had a friend of mine who exchanged his original tail lamps for those ones when I advised him against it and after several months it started to discolour and water started leaking.

Hi zoom-zoom, what is the usual market price of 2003 BJ5W?

Hi zoom-zoom, what is the usual market price of 2003 BJ5W?

The normal version would be around 2.1 - 2.2 M.

Edit : The price depends on the options available.Eg : If it has a VVT engine,body kit etc the price will be higher.

Edited by Zoom-Zoom