• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Holden Fb Special Restoration Project

JadeyBlitzen

Can we kill the bitch? Like poison her or something?

Yep can use a good dose of Succinylcoline which leaves absolutely no traces even in an autopsy and death will be just thought to be natural causes!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by CJ5

we know the feeling mate, letting go of it should be hard..

Thanheya jayathi soko mate, she has the thanha so let her take it along when she dies. Be thankful to god that she didnt ask for the ownership once the project was completed.

CHEER UP!!

Devastating news Jadey. I've faced similar if not the same. Chased after a Citroen ID for many YEARS with many visits to try and coax him to part with a fast deteriorating car, and one fine day the owner decided to sell it. We could hardly believe it. My father and I took the cash and ran there. I even delayed a trip to Nuwara Eliya with my buddies that morning. When we showed up there he told is that he had changed his mind :sad-smiley-017: . I nearly lost it with him. Luckily my father calmed me down.

All I can say is I hope you are able to find something else. But beware of the rebound. Keep a clear head so that you do not buy something you don't actually lust after...... That too happened to me.

Cheers and good luck.

Greed gives nothing in the end. Make up your mind and look elsewhere.

BTW among all the disappointment, I see some of the most hilarious comments on this thread! :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Rumesh88

Nice one MD!!!!

@ JD yes get another one take your time and ensure all stuff is in order next time around

on the bright side this happened before you started any work on it just imagine if it happened after you finished restoring it!!!!!

Doh!

Don't worry JB, there are plenty of fish in the sea no...(but none are as sweet as the one that got away)

Well the only option available is to point out to the family that when the car is completely rusted down it will be worth zero rupees. So why don't they just sell it and recover some money now and just ask for first refusal.

Then you guys pay market value and buy the car and then there are no disagreements over ownership.

Well now they are like "its ok you can fix the car" but the damage is done. No formal apologies either. Its back in its home now anyway. Don't get me wrong. We love the car but it doesn't feel right taking it back after the massive fuss they pulled.

We are going to see 2 holdens soon. Don't know what the models are. Should be good. I also heard of this series 2 jag xj6. going to have a look at when we got some free time.

Well now they are like "its ok you can fix the car" but the damage is done. No formal apologies either. Its back in its home now anyway. Don't get me wrong. We love the car but it doesn't feel right taking it back after the massive fuss they pulled.

We are going to see 2 holdens soon. Don't know what the models are. Should be good. I also heard of this series 2 jag xj6. going to have a look at when we got some free time.

I guess the lesson you guys probably learnt was that ownership needs to be resolved before investing money or time on a project. Ironically you and your cousin need to agree how things will work between you two as well.

Edited by The Don

I guess the lesson you guys probably learnt was that ownership needs to be resolved before investing money or time on a project. Ironically you and your cousin needs to agree how things will work between you two as well.

Agreed with Don here. Also it is better to avoid the relation's Holden any case in future as you do at the moment. Otherwise it may end up with a waste of your time, money & also will leave a painful memory for you. :sad-smiley-068:

Good luck mate.. :)

Start a new thread for the project car jadey. This one should be buried six feet under. as tupac. Said, "you can either look at the pieces in the floor and lament, or you can pick yourself up and move the fcuk on"

Edited by Komisiripala