• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Import Duties For Power Tools

jalapeno

Apologies for going OT... You managed to source a step down transformer for your mitre saw?

Oddly enough i too came a across a larger mitre saw with an extendable arm today...makita...110v though.

Got a compound mitre saw already but the clearance isn't enough for larger stuff and the extendable arm on 110v unit has better clearance.

Didn't pull the trigger on it cos of the 110v issue. I haven't seen heavy duty units in SL.

Have not come across a step down transformer in the 3kva range.

About a week ago I walked into an electrical shop in Pettah (name starts with D) that said they could build one for me but the price was too high at 30-35,000 rs for a 3kva transformer.

I went to Silvertones today and they quoted me 50,000 rs for 3kva.

Orel Solutions said they could order but highest wattage was 1000 watt.

While my DeWalt miter saw is only about 1850 watt , I was told it would be best to get a 2.5 kva or higher wattage transformer because of start up load and because the max wattage listed on isolating transformers (usually) is peak power and not continuous load.

Not heard about transformers higher than 2000 watts. Robert's website lists 2000 watt transformer , but I don't know the price.

Edited by jalapeno

Have not come across a step down transformer in the 3kva range.

About a week ago I walked into an electrical shop in Pettah (name starts with D) that said they could build one for me but the price was too high at 30-35,000 rs for a 3kva transformer.

I went to Silvertones today and they quoted me 50,000 rs for 3kva.

Orel Solutions said they could order but highest wattage was 1000 watt.

While my DeWalt miter saw is only about 1850 watt , I was told it would be best to get a 2.5 kva or higher wattage transformer because of start up load and because the max wattage listed on isolating transformers (usually) is peak power and not continuous load.

Not heard about transformers higher than 2000 watts. Robert's website lists 2000 watt transformer , but I don't know the price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LiteFuze-3000-Watt-Transformer-Step-Up-Down-110-220-/360288262227?pt=Travel_Adapters_Converters&hash=item53e2da9853

$128 to ship usps priority and $129 is the price.

If the seller can ship first class air instead priority, shipping might be less.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LiteFuze-3000-Watt-Transformer-Step-Up-Down-110-220-/360288262227?pt=Travel_Adapters_Converters&hash=item53e2da9853

$128 to ship usps priority and $129 is the price.

If the seller can ship first class air instead priority, shipping might be less.

Or could ask Kapruka global shop to do the shipping for you, i'm guessing their charges would be < 128 $