• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Selecting A Good Car

ashan82

Question

Dear Experts

Need your valuable ideas and opinion to select the best car from following options. My budget is 3 Mn and need an auto gear car

1.Mazda Axela 2004-2005 (1500 cc)

2. Nissan Tiida 2007 Sedan (1500cc)

3. Mitsubishi lancer CS2 / CS3

my main concern about the comfortable, fuel efficiency, maintenance & spare parts. I read some posts about Nissan Tiida CVT gear, which is very expensive to maintain, but some guys say its not. What you experts say?

Thanks in advance

14 answers to this question

Thanks experts. Why do you all select Axela? Any particular reason? Coz basically what I know is

1. Mazda parts are bit expensive compares to Toyota, Nissan but no idea abt Mitsubishi!

2. Axela's ground clearance is low

On what other areas you give + marks to Axela

i am sure that among these 3 vehicles Axela has the the best handling.

more:

ZY-VE (VVT) engine produce 114hp (just at 6000rpm, not 7000+).

if you are willing to go for a auto then it is a triptronic.

i think ground clearance is not so lower (at least it should be 150mm, but not sure).

parts are freely available.

better look :-) (personal preference)

Edited by MV-5

Axela all the way...I have been using a Mazda 3 for more than 7 years now, parts are not expensive if you get it from the right place.

I have had no issues with ground clearance though and have several friends who are using Axela's n none of them are complaining.

Axela all the way...I have been using a Mazda 3 for more than 7 years now, parts are not expensive if you get it from the right place.

I have had no issues with ground clearance though and have several friends who are using Axela's n none of them are complaining.

Hi Zoom Zoom, can you kindly tell me from where you normally buy spare parts for your Mazda 3? As i know that most of mazda owners say As*i M**ors & R**n B*w motors @ Panchikawatte

Hi Ashan

I do my repairs at M*zna so when they quote the price I check with these places and most of the times it is almost the same price (at times a bit expensive but worth the hassle of going to these places)

The good thing about M*zna is that though they are a bit expensive they have all the spares (brandnew or used) with them so that we need not go hunting.

If the repair is done by someone else then these are the places to get your spares from.

The biggest drawback of the Tiida is its appearance. It looks like the tractor designer for Mahindra and Mahindra got high on some local moonshine from a far-off village in India, found some old drawings of a renault megane and designed this car.

However, if you are ok with that appearance and ok with a car that has an average performing engine, with average suspension and average fuel economy, About the only advantage you get is the value of the Nissan badge and you won't hear things like "ayyo why did you buy a mazda? okey parts na aney... " from your neighbor...

The biggest drawback of the Tiida is its appearance. It looks like the tractor designer for Mahindra and Mahindra got high on some local moonshine from a far-off village in India, found some old drawings of a renault megane and designed this car.

However, if you are ok with that appearance and ok with a car that has an average performing engine, with average suspension and average fuel economy, About the only advantage you get is the value of the Nissan badge and you won't hear things like "ayyo why did you buy a mazda? okey parts na aney... " from your neighbor...

thanks crosswind.

Dear Experts

Need your valuable ideas and opinion to select the best car from following options. My budget is 3 Mn and need an auto gear car

1.Mazda Axela 2004-2005 (1500 cc)

2. Nissan Tiida 2007 Sedan (1500cc)

3. Mitsubishi lancer CS2 / CS3

my main concern about the comfortable, fuel efficiency, maintenance & spare parts. I read some posts about Nissan Tiida CVT gear, which is very expensive to maintain, but some guys say its not. What you experts say?

Thanks in advance

I use a Nissan Tiida with the CVT gearbox. no big deal to maintain. just change the CVT gear oil on time. its changed every 60,000 kms. cost a bit more than the ATF, you can only get it from the Nissan agents. my car done 55,000 kms, works perfect. gear shift is smooth and better fuel economy because of the CVT. I get an average of 9-12 (depending on the traffic conditions in Colombo) city, and 15 on the Galle road stretch and 19.3 kmpl in the highway even hitting 160 kmph for a few mins.

• Like 1