• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nick Names For Cars In Sl

Hola

LOL Must have had some sort of fan belt squeak or something

It`s actually coming from the suspension set up Im sure. Which reminds me, "kichi kichi" was quite a common noise originating from vehicles (especially vans) back in the day when I was little. :D Not much heard these days isn't it? Wonder what might be the cause, grease fed serviceable suspension? :D

It`s actually coming from the suspension set up Im sure. Which reminds me, "kichi kichi" was quite a common noise originating from vehicles (especially vans) back in the day when I was little. :D Not much heard these days isn't it? Wonder what might be the cause, grease fed serviceable suspension? :D

I think this sound is related to the engine as sound comes even vehicle is stationary.Not a belt squeak though.It is coming from the inside most probably something related to engine design itself :unsure: .Expert may help.

The 1st Gen Isuzu Troopers were I think 88 to 92 were called the "Thei (Tea) Wathu (Estate) model" because it was popular among Tea Planters.

2.8L 4JB1 I believe.

220px-Isuzu_Trooper_%28first_generation%2C_first_facelift%29_%28front%29%2C_Serdang.jpg

Wasn't th 92 to 96 Pajero called the "Manthree Model" and just plain "Intercooler"?

220px-SWB_LWB_GCC_Pajero.jpg

Manthree model is the one which came with 3 wipers... ;)

Edited by Simplelife

Wasn't th 92 to 96 Pajero called the "Manthree Model" and just plain "Intercooler"?

the 2800cc intercooler turbo model is called Intercooler model, not Manthree model. The same model without intercooler turbo is being called, Police model, Computer Body model.

i6mjC.jpg

1st Gen of Pajero is called Palathsabha model.

ITv2c.png

Manthree model is the Mitsubishi J36.

6jwIs.jpg

:D not sure about this but some one said tin body means, when you tap the body of the vehicle it makes a tin tin sound, thus making it a tin body.. :D:D

and what the hell are boku alloys??? :blink:

literal meaning of Tin body is no cataloy or any after market filling and no re-work has been done on the body.

But the issue is, even a badly crashed vehicle can be with a tin body as all panels, doors or even body cuts are being used in accident repairs. ;)

The 1st Gen Isuzu Troopers were I think 88 to 92 were called the "Thei (Tea) Wathu (Estate) model" because it was popular among Tea Planters.

2.8L 4JB1 I believe.

220px-Isuzu_Trooper_%28first_generation%2C_first_facelift%29_%28front%29%2C_Serdang.jpg

You are correct. However, it was not a case of being popular, they were bought by the then state controlled JEDB and SPC and distributed among the estates. There were several variation of troopers that came and the last model was the 2.8L 4JB1 with rectangular headlights and high roof. Earlier models were 2 door and had round headlights and had 2.2 or 2.4L diesels and were without power steering, A/C etc. The red ones were for the JEDB and green ones were for the SPC. There were minor variations among the red and green ones as well with the reds being highest option ones.(If I remember right, the green ones didn't have headrests on the front seats!) Most troopers on the road these days have replaced engines/trans with the inter-cooled turbo versions of the 2.8L called 4JB1-T from the Isuzu Bighorn(JDM) or with the 3.1L 4JG1-T from the 2nd gen trooper.

The flat-roof troopers as shown in the image were bought by the Police, the Rubber Research Institute and several other state institutions.

oops....you answered before me.. :alc:

in fact I got little late to post coz couldn't find a decent pajero pic on net. Had to use one in personal archives. The one in my post isn't exactly the police model/computer body, but the exceed version of it.

And here's the 'Harak model' Vitara... :P

thumb_33432.gif

Have you ever seen "Redda Ussapu Model" Vitara. Ask your M***y. Just Joking Ha Ha

You are correct. However, it was not a case of being popular, they were bought by the then state controlled JEDB and SPC and distributed among the estates. There were several variation of troopers that came and the last model was the 2.8L 4JB1 with rectangular headlights and high roof. Earlier models were 2 door and had round headlights and had 2.2 or 2.4L diesels and were without power steering, A/C etc. The red ones were for the JEDB and green ones were for the SPC. There were minor variations among the red and green ones as well with the reds being highest option ones.(If I remember right, the green ones didn't have headrests on the front seats!) Most troopers on the road these days have replaced engines/trans with the inter-cooled turbo versions of the 2.8L called 4JB1-T from the Isuzu Bighorn(JDM) or with the 3.1L 4JG1-T from the 2nd gen trooper.

The flat-roof troopers as shown in the image were bought by the Police, the Rubber Research Institute and several other state institutions.

My dads one had rectangular headlights and high roof. And had headrests. There were about 4 that came in a later shipment for the SCP. I learned to drive in that jeep :) Had a 2 door round headlight model before that (32 sri 611, IIRC). That was given to another planter during the JVP time, guy was burnt alive inside the vehicle. :(

My dads one had rectangular headlights and high roof. And had headrests. There were about 4 that came in a later shipment for the SCP. I learned to drive in that jeep :) Had a 2 door round headlight model before that (32 sri 611, IIRC). That was given to another planter during the JVP time, guy was burnt alive inside the vehicle. :(

Yeah, a guy down my lane had the square light version, i.e the revised 1st Gen. 'Twas a Red One with the Black lines etc. Another guy up the lane (lol) worked for the Vaarimarga and had a green one, which had a Tan interior. Cant remember if it had headrests or not.

The 2nd Gen comes with the 4JG2 which is the 3.1 Turbo Intercooled, where as the 4JG1 is the 3.0L Diesel sans intercooler.