• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nick Names For Cars In Sl

Hola

I remember back in the 90's when the first motorcycles that had the daytime running lights (ie new Yamaha TZR125) started appearing on SL roads, they were quickly called "on light" models haha

Have you heard about "Dandu ford"-Don't know model no-,

and VW "Ambulance model" and Sunny "Redda ussapu model".

i never heard of sunny in this name what is the model number.

Hiace 4th Gen - Petti model

Pajero 2000/2002 - Mahaththaya model

Benz 1988/89 - Pansal(temple) Benz

Lancer Box

VW Van - Rupavahini model

Beatle march

Delica - banda(body) groove & Pajero kannadi

Mitsubishi bola rosa

Just a few thoughts on how SL vehicle advertisements might look like in 2025 - 2030 (if anyone is lucky enough to live by then)

- 2010 Prius for sale - Rs. 8.5 mil negotiable (since its a Toyota, the value will increase, BTW the 141 will be like 15 mil).

Converted to kerosene oil (since the battery pack is busted, and petrol is Rs. 7500 a liter).

Only 15000km Genuine mileage. ;)

Solar panels converted to sunroof.

Push Start (as in, push the car to start - Since the push button won't pop back after being pushed for so many years)

Intelligent key (Only the key knows when the circuits will work, so keep on pressing)

etc.

Note - Absolutely no offense intended towards Prius owners. Couldn't think of any other car which would survive till then.

Do you have a feeling that Prius will survive until 2025-2030? I don't think so.Have you ever seen the Most selling and Most hated both awards won by one car? :D:lol::D:lol:

Do you have a feeling that Prius will survive until 2025-2030? I don't think so.Have you ever seen the Most selling and Most hated both awards won by one car? :D:lol::D:lol:

Yes it might. But only if they do the said modifications. :D

Edited by ae100

The new model Honda XR is refereed to as XR "Thatu Model"

The Suzuki Bandit new model is refereed to as "Badge Model"

Old delica van is referred to as the Kichi Kichi Delica

Honda AX1 is refereed to as "Wal Akura"

1985 Honda Civic "Lottery Civic" "Roof Console"

Edited by Chooti Putha

these are other awards win by prius the most overrated and over hyped car :P:lol: :lol:

Edited by nexus

their was a lorry called "wadura moona" (

Townace lotto model

skyline R32 called as godzilla i guess

This is the Original "Waduru Muna" Lorry

2651147420078404180LXLUvo_th.jpg

Edited by Parak

Lmao! :lol:

kichi kichi delica is very popular in the hill country and they still sell for a mighty buck.. as u dont need the engine for braking... so the buggers go up the hill on engine and come down with the engine off.. mostly used for deliveries..

kichi kichi delica is becuase overtime the van starts to make a "kichi kichi" sound it seems and no one knows how to fix it.. so it remains making the said sound..

facinating neda.. story from folks in the hill capital...

kichi kichi delica is very popular in the hill country and they still sell for a mighty buck.. as u dont need the engine for braking... so the buggers go up the hill on engine and come down with the engine off.. mostly used for deliveries..

kichi kichi delica is becuase overtime the van starts to make a "kichi kichi" sound it seems and no one knows how to fix it.. so it remains making the said sound..

And I thought 'kichi kichi' meant something to do with tickling... lol.

And I thought 'kichi kichi' meant something to do with tickling... lol.

LOL Must have had some sort of fan belt squeak or something

I love counting them when i go up country...it puts a smile on my face...

may be the local equivalent of 'face-lift' with a bit of drama. :lol:

Actually you can see the under carriage, springs,fuel tank ...etc when you see it from the back. :rolleyes: Theres no need to peep.I will post a pic if I found one.

It's not a 'face lift', i'ts 'A** lift' bro. :lol: