• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Shaking Sound..

pewix

Question

Thebseats in my suzuki swift is shaking alot. There is a disturbing sound for that.

I went to an audio shop to tight it. They said its fully tight bit it was still shaking. They told me the bish or something would have gone. I dont know any place to make it. This sest shaking sound is really annoying so please help me by telling what to do and where to do. I am from dehiwala so that place should be close too.

Thanks in advance.

10 answers to this question

Thebseats in my suzuki swift is shaking alot. There is a disturbing sound for that.

I went to an audio shop to tight it. They said its fully tight bit it was still shaking. They told me the bish or something would have gone. I dont know any place to make it. This sest shaking sound is really annoying so please help me by telling what to do and where to do. I am from dehiwala so that place should be close too.

Thanks in advance.

Is it all the seats, front and rear?????

If it's a case of only the backrest shaking/vibrating you can get a upholstery place to check it out. If the seat is shaking/vibrating from the anchor bolts on the floor board it's very likely that the bolts are not securely anchoring the seats to the floor board eventhough they seem tight.. If that is the case you will be able to shake the seats and see that they they are not securely bolted and move about slightly. If so try changing the bolts.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crosswind" data-cid="235534" data-time="1363652781"><p>

waitaminit... did u say u went to an audio shop to get your seats checked?<br />

do u have a set of spanners? before going anywhere, may i suggest tightening all the bolts yourself?</p></blockquote>

Yes i tried thightng it my self and only the front seats shake and the full seat shakes

Any suggestions. What to do??

When you shake the the seat does it seem to shake from the anchoring points on the floor board or is it the back-rest that shakes while the seat remains firm????

As CJ5 mentioned if it is the anchoring points to the floor of the car, you simply have to tighten the bolts. If those are firmly fitted and the whole seat including the lowers shake or makes a noise, then check the seat rail at different seat positions. If this is the cause of the noise, you can look at adjusting the shape of the rail slightly so the 'play' is eleminated to some extent.

If it is only the rear/ back rest of the seat has a play and is causing the noise, it is usually the seat adjustment mechanism that can be repaired with new/ turned out bushes with some success.

If you aren't satisfied with a repair, you can look around Delkanda for a pair of used seats. Check Gunawardena CH or Maharagama CH.

Edited by milindu

Sounds like you have a very minor issue with the seats that you can fix yourself. The main thing is to isolate the points at which the seat has excessive free play.

If you tightened the bolts that anchor the seat to the floor board of the car, then that's probably not where the seat is rattling at. Since it's very difficult to work on other area of a seat while they're still inside your car, I suggest you take the seat outside the car, flip it over and rest it on a chair and try to determine what the loose ends are. You might have to strike the seat a couple of times with your hand to get to know where the issue is at.

If I am to point you to some locations you should look closely into:

1. The adjusting mechanisms that bring your seat back and forward (and height adjustment if available). A lot of cotter pins and lock washers are there, so a lot of room for free play when they wear out.

2. The railings (or guides) on which the seat moves back and forth. The small wheels that run on the railing might be worn out or damaged.

3. The hinges at which the back rest is fixed to the base of the seat. Again, cotter pins and lock washers make room for rattle.

If you notice anything broken or worn out (a bush or a spring or something), I suggest you take the car to some place that works specifically on seats (upholsters, seat workshops), they should be able to repair the seats for you.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like 3