• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Ex

kala

Dear Friends,

I am interest on buying a Lancer Ex 2007/2008 car .But I have been a Toyota user for years & do not have any experience with Mitsubishi .So Wht r the things that i should look at when buying EX car & how about its,

-Fuel consumption

-Availability of spare parts

-Comfort

-Suspension level

-Resale market

Seek ur expert comments.Thanks in advance.

Dear Friends,

I am interest on buying a Lancer Ex 2007/2008 car .But I have been a Toyota user for years & do not have any experience with Mitsubishi .So Wht r the things that i should look at when buying EX car & how about its,

-Fuel consumption

-Availability of spare parts

-Comfort

-Suspension level

-Resale market

Seek ur expert comments.Thanks in advance.

Since you are a Toyota user I’m assuming you are comparing this car with the Corolla 141.

Having used both cars this is my view

-Fuel consumption - City: EX- 9-10/ 141- 8-9

Outstation: EX- 12-16/ 141- 10-14

-Availability of spare parts: Agents have them in stock, no used or third party spares

-Comfort : If you are an aggressive driver EX will be better as it handles better due to multi link rear suspension. For day to day driving not much difference. 141 has less suspension noise over rough roads.

-Suspension level : I assume this is the ride height, 141 has about ½ inch more.

-Resale market : Ex will be a nightmare to sell, if you are patient will be able to get a bargain. However you will have to take a hit when you want to get rid of the thing.

As for me I got rid of the Ex few years back and kept the 141

• Like 2

I can't believe I just read that...

Q: What is the most economical?

A: The Lancer

Q: What is the most comfortable?

Q: What handles better?

Q: What looks better?
A: The Lancer (stating the obvious I guess, but this is my opinion)

But...

Q: What car would you rather keep?
A: The Corolla

Sad but true. What a country we live in...

Edit:
OP, you might want to have a look at this thread as well:
http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13761-mitsubishi-lancer-cy2a-opinions/?hl=cy2a

Edited by Davy
  • Like 7

I can't believe I just read that...

Q: What is the most economical?

Q: What is the most comfortable?

Q: What handles better?

Q: What looks better?

A: The Lancer (stating the obvious I guess, but this is my opinion)

But...

Q: What car would you rather keep?

A: The Corolla

Sad but true. What a country we live in...

Edit:

OP, you might want to have a look at this thread as well:

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13761-mitsubishi-lancer-cy2a-opinions/?hl=cy2a

Why I sold the Lancer

Reliability, in our family we had 3 Ex's and 2 141's all Ex developed issues within 1st two years (ABS sensors, cooler fans, lights) 141's nothing for the last 5 years

Besides I got a fantastic deal for the Lancer, would have been a fool to get rid of it at the time.

When you are buying cars with your hard earned money you have to use your brain rather than heart.

By all means go for the Lancer keeping in mind the difficulty in resale.

• Like 1

I use a 2008 Lancer Ex GLS. So far no issue, but the owner before me had used the car very carefully. I searched to buy a Lancer Ex for few months last year. There werent many around and people quoted crazy prices ranging from 4.5 - 5 million for a 2008 car. At the same time there were couple of cars that were available for 3.5million with poor maintenance. Both over priced and under priced cars didnt sell for a long time. Some were advertised on Autolanka it self. The guy who asked for 5 million couldnt sell the car for more than 6 months and still probably trying to sell it.

I have owned couple of Mitsubishis and so far I had not much challenge in selling them (including 92 manual 2 door colt). Then again I dont look at the car as an investment.

• Like 3

No offence kush, but if 141 comes with life time warranty with 20kmpl economy I would still go for Lancer Ex without hesitation .

Not offended at all

Infact I chose the EX over 141 when i bought the car.

My openion comes from after using the car for 3 years in the case of Ex and over 5 years with the 141.

In my hand the Corolla does only 8 kmpl in colombo and about 12 kmpl outstation. which is about 1-2 kmpl less than I got from the EX

I use a 2008 Lancer Ex GLS. So far no issue, but the owner before me had used the car very carefully. I searched to buy a Lancer Ex for few months last year. There werent many around and people quoted crazy prices ranging from 4.5 - 5 million for a 2008 car. At the same time there were couple of cars that were available for 3.5million with poor maintenance. Both over priced and under priced cars didnt sell for a long time. Some were advertised on Autolanka it self. The guy who asked for 5 million couldnt sell the car for more than 6 months and still probably trying to sell it.

I have owned couple of Mitsubishis and so far I had not much challenge in selling them (including 92 manual 2 door colt). Then again I dont look at the car as an investment.

So true !!

When you are buying cars with your hard earned money you have to use your brain rather than heart.

OT, but speaking of resale values, I owned a Corolla 110 in the past (for a short period) and also a Fiat Grande Punto (purchased second hand)

Now what do people say about resale values of these cars? 110 is money in your hand and Fiats are impossible to sell...

What happened to me was when I sold the Fiat, I made a tidy little profit of just 125000 and I didn't spend any money to maintain it during my ownership, except for the usual service. On the otherhand, selling the Corolla set me back by 100000!

I don't know what to blame, the brain or the heart???

• Like 2

I guess some people just love being "in the box". Look at our dear Kush, loves being in the box so much his family bought 3 car's and just cos another car gave a few issues he sold HIS car :rolleyes:

And while on the topic of Lancer EX's I found a great cheaper alternative..

577847_10151794289889838_1909249866_n.jp

No it's not the Lancer EX you'd think it was. Well, at least not on paper. On paper it's a proton, but in reality its the Lancer EX 2.0GT with the paddle shift and all that jazz. I personally like this rear end more than the lancer EX.

I was talking to the owner and he said its manufactured in Japan by Mitsu, just rebadged as a Proton. You should have seen the glee on that guy's face when he was talking about his car. You could just see how pleased he was with it.

Cost wise, it's about 60-70% of the price of the Mitsu. Wonder how feasible importing this would be ;)

PS: This was in malaysia btw

Edited by Watchman

Why I sold the Lancer

Reliability, in our family we had 3 Ex's and 2 141's all Ex developed issues within 1st two years (ABS sensors, cooler fans, lights) 141's nothing for the last 5 years

Besides I got a fantastic deal for the Lancer, would have been a fool to get rid of it at the time.

The ABS sensor being faulty is a known issue. And the thread below has been concluded when you yourself have mentioned that Mitsubishi (UniMo) has identified this being an issue with their sensor and that they replaced it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/9021-lancer-ex-abs-sensor/

While I respect your opinion because you have first hand experience on both cars, I like to factor out resale value out of the equation because, 1. The Ex is still relatively new and is being adopted by the market. 2. People are reluctant to buy a second hand Ex when they have the option of buying a brand new from the agent, with warranty.

For me, the definition of reliability is "not letting me down". Repairs and maintenance is expected from any car upto a level where you are not frustrated with it. I like to think that you were not frustrated with the Lancer Ex at the point of sale. :)

I'd rather spend my hard earned money to buy something that I love to drive (thinking from the heart) versus something that is easier to sell (thinking from the brain).

• Like 4

I guess some people just love being "in the box". Look at our dear Kush, loves being in the box so much his family bought 3 car's and just cos another car gave a few issues he sold HIS car :rolleyes:

No it's not the Lancer EX you'd think it was. Well, at least not on paper. On paper it's a proton, but in reality its the Lancer EX 2.0GT with the paddle shift and all that jazz. I personally like this rear end more than the lancer EX.

I was talking to the owner and he said its manufactured in Japan by Mitsu, just rebadged as a Proton. You should have seen the glee on that guy's face when he was talking about his car. You could just see how pleased he was with it.

Cost wise, it's about 60-70% of the price of the Mitsu. Wonder how feasible importing this would be ;)

:o Maan! Sounds awesome!

Proton Inspira... Off to Google to do some searching!

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but haven't the asking prices from sellers of Corolla 141 dropped from around 4.2-4.3 about one year ago, to 3.5 million these days? I suspect these cars might be changing hands at the vicinity of 3.3 million. That doesn't sound like good 'resale value'...

Why I sold the Lancer

Most certainly correct you where a fool to get rid of it at that time :D

If u'r 141 is a G grade just check how much it will be to change the intelligent key sensor, you will sell both 141s

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but haven't the asking prices from sellers of Corolla 141 dropped from around 4.2-4.3 about one year ago, to 3.5 million these days? I suspect these cars might be changing hands at the vicinity of 3.3 million. That doesn't sound like good 'resale value'...

Yes the EXs and the 141LX where imported for aprox the same price in the same time for the permit and now the EXs are selling for higher prices than the 141s

Still our retarded brains have a higher resale for toyotas

I blame primary school maths teachers for this

The money on free education seems to be going to waste.

• Like 1

Why not buy this and fix couple of Mitsubishi emblems :D

Same thought here... and the front bumper of a Lancer EX would do the trick perfectly... did some research of the car.. what watchman told about it is true... Made in Jap and put together in Malay... good deal if you could bring down a one.,,,

Edited by trinity

Why I sold the Lancer

Reliability,

Why I KEEP the Lancer "reliability". The one in our family is now 26 years old (C12 GLX S/W) and has not let us down even once!!

• Like 2

Same thought here... and the front bumper of a Lancer EX would do the trick perfectly... did some research of the car.. what watchman told about it is true... Made in Jap and put together in Malay... good deal if you could bring down a one.,,,

Now u guys are beginning to offend me :)

I have a high regard for the Lancer EX but Protons (especially the Lotus-tuned ones) are just superb to say the least. So it is rather offensive to see someone dressing up a Proton in Lancer livery.

Why I KEEP the Lancer "reliability". The one in our family is now 26 years old (C12 GLX S/W) and has not let us down even once!!

Agreed.

Actually I upgraded to a EX from a 2002 CS1 which was utterly reliable for 85,000 km 5 years not a single issue.

But it was not the case with the EX, every time when I went to service the vehicle I could see couple of EX being attended for various issues.

Even the agents admit it is not as reliable as the former model.

and what if you bring that for permit? it'll become even more cheaper :D

Now u guys are beginning to offend me :)

I have a high regard for the Lancer EX but Protons (especially the Lotus-tuned ones) are just superb to say the least. So it is rather offensive to see someone dressing up a Proton in Lancer livery.

We love Lancers too but doing something like that being in a country with high tax is no problem :D