• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Looking For A Car For Around 3M

panhida

Question

I am looking to purchase a car with a budget around 3 Million. The car will mostly be used for running around Colombo and the occasional out of Colombo /outstation family trips.

I am looking for a economical / easy to maintain and durable car for home use, not a sports or fast car (yes, I realise with this budget they would be out of my range :sad-smiley-050: ).

I am new to the local market and not familier with the current prices, Would appreciate all comments and suggestions from my respected friends of Autolanka.

Warm regards to all.

If age/number is not much of an issue I would go for a Palath Sabha Paj. For 30 you can get a full option one in VGC. Reliable durable and an evergreen having a very good second hand market and ample spares.

• Like 3

Sedans

1.) Toyota Vios

2.) Honda Civic ES

3.) Toyota Corolla 121

4.) Mitsubishi Lancer CS2

5.) Suzuki SX4

Hatchbacks

1.) Toyota Vitz

2.) Honda Fit

3.) Mazda Demio

Wagons

1.) Nissan Wingroad Y12

Sedans

1.) Toyota Vios

2.) Honda Civic ES

3.) Toyota Corolla 121

4.) Mitsubishi Lancer CS2

5.) Suzuki SX4

Hatchbacks

1.) Toyota Vitz

2.) Honda Fit

3.) Mazda Demio

Wagons

1.) Nissan Wingroad Y12

Also

Sedans

1.320d e46

2.Audi A6

3.Toyota Yaris

4.Nissan Tida

Hatchbacks

1.Nissan March k13

2.Toyota new passo

3.Kia picanto - new

4.Chevy beat

Wagons

1.Honda Airwave

SUVs

1.Actyon

2.Palath saba pajero

3.Old Land cruisers.

and many more

Edited by Clark's son

erm,, clarkson, he was asking "easy to maintain" i dont think the 320d and the audi a4 is anything closer

the yaris is a peace of raw turd

and the airwave is not really economical

Edited by Schiffer

If age/number is not much of an issue I would go for a Palath Sabha Paj. For 30 you can get a full option one in VGC. Reliable durable and an evergreen having a very good second hand market and ample spares.

They are awesome, dad had one long ago, it was the fully loaded one with sun roof an turbo engine. plus it had a 64- number

SUVs

1.Actyon

??????? Actyon????? That ugly contraption on wheels??????

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions. My thoughts were for a Toyota 121, Yaris, Belta or the SX4 (heard that its not too economic on fuel). would have loved to get a Pajero but that seems not to be that economic, I may be wrong?

But since the suggestions have so many models will take a closer look at all before I finally decide.

Thanks again, you guys at Autolanka are a real help.

erm,, clarkson, he was asking "easy to maintain" i dont think the 320d and the audi a4 is anything closer

the yaris is a peace of raw turd

and the airwave is not really economical

mchn a genuine millage company maintained e46 will be more easy to maintain than a 121 which has done 300 000km and rolled down kadugannawa twise,

and being cheaply repaired

and for Mr. jag's camry answer that's also economical if the toyota he was using was a sahara v8 :D

@cj5 it may not have the look of a a jeep or a paj. palathsaba

but i think for it's age and price below 3mill it's a bang for the buck

Edited by Clark's son

a 2.4ltr camry? -_-

read what the OP asked for. Fuel efficient and Easy maintenance.

First of all it is a good comfortable car, it is durable and does Around 9Km/l.

That's not very bad even a Swift 2003-2005 does around10km/l on on fuel

mchn a genuine millage company maintained e46 will be more easy to maintain than a 121 which has done 300 000km and rolled down kadugannawa twise,

and being cheaply repaired

and for Mr. jag's camry answer that's also economical if the toyota he was using was a sahara v8 :D

i kinda have my doubts on that machan,

coz a E46 has to be maintain by agents. parts are not freely available like the japs

therefore the maintaining cost is a bit high.

and one thing i learned is that bmw's arnt for every tom dick and harry. if you wanna maintain it properly without cutting any coners.

and the most important thing. if a persons main goals are easy maintenance and fuel economy. you cant help but think that it will end up like the ruined E28

First of all it is a good comfortable car, it is durable and does Around 9Km/l. That's not very bad even a Swift 2003-2005 does around10km/l on on fuel

it is a very good comfortable car i agree.

but 9kmpl?

possible if you drive downhill with your engine switched off

• Like 1

it is a very good comfortable car i agree.

but 9kmpl?

possible if you drive downhill with your engine switched off

Well, in that case I think the best choice would be a Honda Fit hybrid.

It will most probably a one or two year old car and it has good options like cruise control and all for 3.2 million.

On that basis even the Micro Privilege is "bang for the buck"!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

You can find a 2002-2003 Toyota Allion for around 3 or 3.2 million, I guess!

Yep..!! I agree with you.

My one does around 9km/l in city. Is that ok? (but I heard that model does around 12km/l in city)

If u can stretch a bit u can easily pick up a registered insight for around 3.3, a reg fit hybrid for around 3 and a reg prius 2nd gen for around 3.5...

Or Even a 2008 Yaris/Belta.. Get the 1300cc version though.. the 1000cc doesn't do that well on fuel.. Not that i'm a toyota lover but it's a newer car compared to some of the others in the price range so chances are you'll have fewer running repairs..

Edited by YRD