• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Eco Test (Read Before Going)

nana0665

Certainly Xenomorph on an even acceleration you can take the engine to a burn once in a while. Not a 1 second to the floor on a road driven engine. Certainly not on an eco test. Even a common rail engine will throw smoke for about a second on a floor rampage because the electronic injection system takes about 1/2 second to respond.

and at some places they purposely fail you, happened to my cousin once, he immediately left tested his van at another location and it passed(it also has a 1KZ engine). Then we went back to the first place had an argument, almost ended up as fight. On the plus side the guy who carried out the test was fired as he was expecting a bribe :D

We had Toyota Townace CR42 3C engine and it got failed both in 2008 and 2009.

2008: spent lot of money to repair the injectors and all and still second test failed. Our garage guy scolded the testers and we got the green certificate.

2009. Test failed. We didn't do any repairs, Before we showing to second test, we had a long trip and on the way back we showed it, all green and test pass.

Advice: Before you go for econ test, Please drive your vehicle at least 20Kms (in high speed, high revs).

Certainly Xenomorph on an even acceleration you can take the engine to a burn once in a while. Not a 1 second to the floor on a road driven engine. Certainly not on an eco test. Even a common rail engine will throw smoke for about a second on a floor rampage because the electronic injection system takes about 1/2 second to respond.

I don't really get what you're saying here. One second to the floor, two seconds to the floor, even acceleration, it doesn't matter. You're not putting any extra pressure on the engine than what it was already built for. If you're not supposed to rev it hard, wouldn't the manufacturers make sure that you can't?

I don't really get what you're saying here. One second to the floor, two seconds to the floor, even acceleration, it doesn't matter. You're not putting any extra pressure on the engine than what it was already built for. If you're not supposed to rev it hard, wouldn't the manufacturers make sure that you can't?

I think what he means is to rev the engine gradually over 2-4 seconds to the red line -"even acceleration" ( once in a way to do a bit of dusting so to say) not a 1 second floor rampage to the red line tearing the guts out of the engine so to say.

nana0665,

Anyway very good informative post nana0665. Thank you and welcome to the forum. Your future input here would be immensley valuable to us as I can see.

Edited by CJ5

This is good information

i have faced the same issue before with a toyota starlet.

the first time, he revved the nuts out and said its failed. after that. i returned in two days . did nothing to the car and it was a different person conducting the check

and it was passed.

This actually happened to one of my close friends who is also an automotive engineer. It was at Katunayake a few years back and my friend got furious with the guy at the testing centre for stepping on the gas so hard. There was a thick black cloud of smoke as he stepped on it and made the engine rev all the way upto about 5000RPM. After a very heated up argument and speaking to the manager of the testing centre, the employee accepted that he shouldn't have been so aggressive on the car.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Thats shitty. I go to the place in Embuldeniya, they always ask the vehicle driver to follow the instructions on the screen and never get inside the car themselves. The people there only interfere if you futz things up.

Thats shitty. I go to the place in Embuldeniya, they always ask the vehicle driver to follow the instructions on the screen and never get inside the car themselves. The people there only interfere if you futz things up.

Well that's a good approach. I don't think the inspectors would insist on you to get off the vehicle. I always used to leave the vehicle to them watching what they do from a side but not faced any issues so far. From next time on I would sit in the car and follow the instructions on screen. Thank you for the advice terra!

Yup at some places they rev old engines really aggressively, happened with our 4dr5 once, failed. Few days later went to the same spot, got passed without doing anything. But the weird thing is their behavior is not the same case with newer vehicles. Maybe they do this intentionaly.

Yup at some places they rev old engines really aggressively, happened with our 4dr5 once, failed. Few days later went to the same spot, got passed without doing anything. But the weird thing is their behavior is not the same case with newer vehicles. Maybe they do this intentionaly.

Yes, Once my father went with the CR42, the guy has rev it up and radiator guard plastic cover was broken. After some argument my father has left the place without any compensation.

That's a good way to avoid issues like this I guess. Once they hook up the car to their computer, it's just a matter of reading and responding, so it shouldn't be that difficult to handle.