• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Led Registration Plate Lights

alpha17

DhoRK,

There are plenty of small LED bulbs to very large high wattage LED bulbs on the 1st cross street Pettah. Their costs vary from Rupees:3.00 to 500.00.

Operating Voltage, 3 Volts to very high voltage.Their brightness also depends on the Wattage. All are DC Voltage.

12 volts car, you can use small pencil size 4 bulbs in series mounted on a small plastic piece and paste same to your car rear number plate.

Can do it your self, cost will be very little.There are ready made LED 12 volts white white can buy in meters, which can be pasted on to any place of your vehicle.

Some vehicles have blue color led lights fitted as under lights. Even head lights are flitted with LED bulbs. I god down two head light bulbs but that was not white.

If you are unable to do it your self any electrician will do for you.If you find difficult contact me.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="WCW" data-cid="235349" data-time="1363448744"><p>

Why don't you try pair of Cree 9W LED reverse light, instead of registration plate lights?</p></blockquote>

Machan I dont think Leds for reverse light is a good idea specially in rainy days.

Edited by H.C

Oh god, these glistering LED lights make me sick during night drives. Few moths ago only three wheel buggers started this funny staff, now lots of the Allions, corollas, primeos too started...

Edited by udayap

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ayad Zubair" data-cid="235604" data-time="1363680215"><p>

Rice Boys :sport-smiley-004:</p></blockquote>

We are not talking about weird led strips or other stuff makes your car moving "thorana".This is about replacement led for conventional num plate light, which I dont think fall into RICE category.

Oh god, these glistering LED lights make me sick during night drives. Few moths ago only three wheel buggers started this funny staff, now lots of the Allions, corollas, primeos too started...

As H.C has stated above, I don't see how LED number plate lights can make you "sick". On most cars, the actual bulbs are hidden and you can only see that the number plate area is illuminated by LEDs.

I made it by myself before,using the pastable white led lights,pasted around two pieces of sponge and inserted them to the covers of the lights.it looked really nice,but you know....its just made for fun,and i removed it...thats why i started to think of fixing the factory made ones..rofl

• 3 years later...

So pulling up a very old thread just for a quick inquiry.. does anyone know a place to buy 24V LED bulbs for a jeep. white, yellow and red. i looked in Petta but couldn't find any. want to check for the last time locally before ordering online. let me know, thanks.

On 19/03/2013 at 7:03 PM, Ayad Zubair said:

Rice Boys :sport-smiley-004:

It may seem like what ricers do but its one of the first things I did on my Hiace because filament bulbs tend to produce a lot of heat and excessive heat tends to damage the small plastic cover over the light. I have the seen cover break out in pieces when we removed to change bulbs on a vehicle.