• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nishan.dj

Koito Sealed Beam - Original

Question

Hi friends,

I want to find Koito (hoping that it would be the best one. If not please reply.) headlight sealed beam for my 4DR5 jeep. Currently I have put some Chinese ones (100W) but its too bad. If anyone knows a place at panchikawatte or somewhere (May be the agent of Koito bulbs or the ones you suggest) please kindly post it here. Thanks so much.

10 answers to this question

once I bought a koito bulb from Semini Motors at Panchi. You may check there.

• Like 1

Thanks whmsujith. Do you have any idea what would be the correct number of watts for 4DR5? I had 75W ones and do not know whether it is the correct ones. If know, Kindly reply. Thanks.

Hi friends,

I want to find Koito (hoping that it would be the best one. If not please reply.) headlight sealed beam for my 4DR5 jeep. Currently I have put some Chinese ones (100W) but its too bad. If anyone knows a place at panchikawatte or somewhere (May be the agent of Koito bulbs or the ones you suggest) please kindly post it here. Thanks so much.

DId you try W*s*ntha Motors and W*l*ys Trading at Panchi? Jeep Watta would definitely have second hand Koitos if that would interest you.

• Like 1

Hi friends,

Just came from Panchi , W*s*ntha Motors have the original Japanese Stanley sealed beams for the Mitisi Jeeps. Rs.1220. each

Edited by CJ5

guys what about installing a hella bulb set which comes with the relays and all that. i saw one of them at motorcade.just checking which option is better cuz i too find the visibilty is low in my civic at night when there is incoming traffic or rain

guys what about installing a hella bulb set which comes with the relays and all that. i saw one of them at motorcade.just checking which option is better cuz i too find the visibilty is low in my civic at night when there is incoming traffic or rain

For the jeep? Then you will have to replace the headlight housing also isn't it? . Idea sounds good provided you get an equally quality headlight housing.

Finding a housing is difficult as it looks like sealed beam with the art of the glass. :) It gives a different look to it. I wanted to fix xenon first and with the suggestions you all did, I did forget it. :)

Nishan.dj,

Most of European cars had sealed beam covers.

Like Morris minor vehicles. Try Sumana motors or any shops close to that shop in Panchigawatha.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• Like 1

no i was talking about vehicles generally.for my ek3 i dont need to change the headlight housing cuz it says i can use 100W bulbs :)

no i was talking about vehicles generally.for my ek3 i dont need to change the headlight housing cuz it says i can use 100W bulbs :)

Most cars have the 55/60Watt headlamps as standard and those are regulations in some countries. So if you kinda want to be "brighter" than the rest shouldn't you also be considerate about how "bright" you look?????? :)