• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ruined Bmw E28

Schiffer

guys sorry to drop a spanner in the works but while I'm as distraught to see the poor beemer in that condition as any, judging by how much of a frankenstine job which has been done on that car, bringing it back to its original shape seems nearly impossible.

It looks like the panels of entire front and back ends, grill, lights, etc will have to be repalced with parts salvaged from donor E28(s), if a proper restoration is intended. Will that kind of underatking be practically and financially feasible in SL?

Any restoration project can be done if you can flush out enough money and have enough time. Only exception would be if the chassis is damaged. Like Don mentioned earlier, it would become a deathtrap. If by 'financial feasibility', u mean making a profit or being able to sell it to cover the costs, then definitely it won't be.

• Like 1

guys sorry to drop a spanner in the works but while I'm as distraught to see the poor beemer in that condition as any, judging by how much of a frankenstine job which has been done on that car, bringing it back to its original shape seems nearly impossible. It looks like the panels of entire front and back ends, grill, lights, etc will have to be repalced with parts salvaged from donor E28(s), if a proper restoration is intended. Will that kind of underatking be practically and financially feasible in SL?

A project like this is never going to be "financially feasible" in the Sri Lankan context, obviously.

The panels can be re done by an experienced and capable body work man like GTam's guy for example, the rest can be found on Ebay, E28's are after all still found in numbers in the UK etc. Even thailand has a fair few to be seen.

ok so i just got home

waited for the car but it didn't come today. :/

on the other hand got to know something else.

i was waiting for the lady and i saw the kids father pick him up from class today in a montero. but he left before i had a chance to talk

and the sikka told me the lady who drives the car is a flipping doctor.

anyhow the idiot told me that the car came day before yesterday and he forgot to call me -_-. but he deferenitly will buzz me n

guys sorry to drop a spanner in the works but while I'm as distraught to see the poor beemer in that condition as any, judging by how much of a frankenstine job which has been done on that car, bringing it back to its original shape seems nearly impossible. It looks like the panels of entire front and back ends, grill, lights, etc will have to be repalced with parts salvaged from donor E28(s), if a proper restoration is intended. Will that kind of underatking be practically and financially feasible in SL?

The thing is.

if you have a will do to it, you can do it.

a restoration like this is not done for the sake of money. you have to have a lot of patience for a restoration like this

it is possible to bring it back to its original deserving stage. Because this car deserves to look on its original form. it was a well loved car

Nothing is impossible, unless you ask me to solve a maths problem

• Like 1

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

sooooooooo.... let me apologize first :D i confused the kid that come to collage (my bad)..

and around 30 mins ago. i got a call from the sikka saying the car arrived.

and i just got home after talking to the owner about the car.

so.. from what i examined.

it needs a heck of lot of tinkering. there is a lil chunk of the door missing.. thats how bad it is.

i can feel the the front and rear end is bathed in catloy.

the car in fact has a Toyota engine and gearbox (auto)

the rear shocks are .... well gone.

the dashboard.. someone has cut a chunk of it with a saw i presume and the ODO read 85k - bullshit

i didn't bother test driving it. but it sound like a tractor. think there is a hole in the silencer.

the owner said "the previous owner didn't like the styling of the car so he has changed the front and rear" - bullshit

and the owner has no knowledge about BMW's. he keep saying

"the car is excellent.. its very economical coz of the Toyota engine, and who can maintain a bmw. so im happy with the car"

but the owner seems like a nice guy, he spoke well,. he is a doctor too

and for the big question. he is asking 850k

P.S - ill upload some more pics

• Like 3

Assuming that this is the only vehicle this guy has I feel a little bit of sympathy towards that guy.

After all he must be using this cause he has no other choice.

At that kind of prices there are no good diesel vehicles and he must not be having enough money to pump petrol to a vehicle.

He should take his kids to places and has worked hard to become a doctor so can't use a motorcycle and let a freaking bus driver run over his skull.

So this must be the his only resort.

So I think there are some things best left as they are, and this is one of them, there are hundreds of classics rotting in places so it's better to focus our attention to them rather than blaming this contraption this poor man use as a device to balance on his life.

Just imagine a wild cat eating a rat. If it had the luxuries of our house cats it wouldn't do that, but if you feel sympathy to the rat you will be sacrificing the livelihood of the wild cat,

It's the circle of life and It's best left alone.

Edited by Clark's son
  • Like 4

your right here Clarks Son

Assuming that this is the only vehicle this guy has I feel a little bit of sympathy towards that guy.

After all he must be using this cause he has no other choice.

At that kind of prices there are no good diesel vehicles and he must not be having enough money to pump petrol to a vehicle.

He should take his kids to places and has worked hard to become a doctor so can't use a motorcycle and let a freaking bus driver run over his skull.

So this must be the his only resort.

So I think there are some things best left as they are, and this is one of them, there are hundreds of classics rotting in places so it's better to focus our attention to them rather than blaming this contraption this poor man use as a device to balance on his life.

Just imagine a wild cat eating a rat. If it had the luxuries of our house cats it wouldn't do that, but if you feel sympathy to the rat you will be sacrificing the livelihood of the wild cat,

It's the circle of life and It's best left alone.

• Like 1

no clarkson, i disagree. life is what you make of it. i'm a government servant too and i do NOT have a private practise. the only thing setting him apart from me are the kids, which are of course a huge expense.

it's all about where your heart is, mate. he's keeping this clunker because its a beamer. or in his head at least. if he wanted to rise up out of the predicament he's in he would have sold this, used his permit to get a viva elite a long time ago. don't you think? the state offers these luxuries to us for this exact reason.

you know what i think? i think someone sold him a dud car, and he was fool enough to buy it, now can't get rid of it, and knows jack-sh*t about it to even care about what it originally looked like. "who can afford a bmw/ this does well on petrol" such typical doctor talk. eeya

on a side note:

he uses the car as a "second car" he also has a montero sports that he bought for permit.. which has met with an accident and now in the garage lu.

276959_200017653436990_528346681_q.jpg

The bugger is rich ay!!

And he's making a fool of himself.

Now I changed my mind

Why didn't the accident kill him.

And Komi you are right.

Edited by Clark's son

Now I changed my mind

Why didn't the accident kill him.

on his defense. he bought the car like this. he has not done any modification. the previous owner was the bloak who did this.

Ayyo schiffer tell me he is an aurveda doc , not a MBBS fellow!. Car engine bay and boot is worse than a public toilet !. I can safely say more than 90% of docs here belonging to this docs category. Cuz in my batch only about 5-10 guys had the interest to vehicle relateded stuff. So rest is like this!. There main priorities are english num plate and higher Kmpl figure , so ultimately you got bunch of boring collegues to work with.

Edited by H.C
  • Like 1

on a side note:

he uses the car as a "second car" he also has a montero sports that he bought for permit.. which has met with an accident and now in the garage lu.

276959_200017653436990_528346681_q.jpg

The Montero Sport also might end up in similar fashion!!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

The Montero Sport also might end up in similar fashion!!!!! :sport-smiley-004:

lol, good thing its under insurance or it will have a face transplant of a Mitsubishi delica XD

schiffer, did u find any signs of chassis damage?

i didn't spot any mate. but i couldn't get a through look at the underneath of the car because it was parked on the side of the road.

Glad to see that there are doctors like komi..i.ve seen and dealt with enough doctors to get to know how stingy those f**kers are.. f**k da sympathy, hell i also earn a monthly freakin salary and have a family to take care of..that didn't stop me of takin care of my car.. Did i consider the resale value when i bust my balls to buy bumpers with OEM body kits ,fog lights and damn dash board bazels from the agent?..no way in hell.. Nothin other than genuine or OEM has gone in to my to my 11 year old jap..so i say f**k da sympathy for da stingy ass doc again..money is no freakin way of excuse if you really have the love for it..

p.s.. Komi you pissu dosthara, you are one of a kind man..wish all those doctor f****r were like you!

• Like 1