• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Service - Civic Ek3

Sam9

I am looking for a place to service my CIVIC ek3.

Any idea on the best places with the cost please.

What's the best engine oil for a ek3 (D15B engine)?

Last time I serviced at Stafford and they had only Caltex.

Castrol or Mobil oils are much better choices ?

use either one but make sure you are using the correct viscosity and not using the those cheap petrol shed brand oils. As long as you change your oil and filter on time, nothing else matters.

Also, technically by 'service' all you really need is to change the oil and filter. Modern vehicles do not need oil sprayed on the under-body so you can use any decent service place to change the oil. Always watch what they are doing though.

• Like 3

Hey sam9.. I'd recommend you to stay away from Castrol for Honda... Causes some major sludge build up.. Purely from a view of sludge build up, even Caltex is better than Castrol as it doesn't cause that much sludge build up.. This doesn't mean that Castrol is not a good oil. It is a brilliant oil but not very suitable for Honda cars.

Mobil 2000 10W-40 is a good oil but I would recommend Motul 10W-40 over Mobil... I switched from Mobil to Motul on my Civic EK3 and saw a reduction in engine noise and increase in smoothness.

Hey sam9.. I'd recommend you to stay away from Castrol for Honda... Causes some major sludge build up.. Purely from a view of sludge build up, even Caltex is better than Castrol as it doesn't cause that much sludge build up.. This doesn't mean that Castrol is not a good oil. It is a brilliant oil but not very suitable for Honda cars.

Mobil 2000 10W-40 is a good oil but I would recommend Motul 10W-40 over Mobil... I switched from Mobil to Motul on my Civic EK3 and saw a reduction in engine noise and increase in smoothness.

This entire post if Grade-A USDA approved bullsh*t.

Jdnet. I'm only sharing what expert race car engine builder and tuner Nadeera Jinasena has told me. This is what he thinks is best. If you feel your own analysis is better sure. Ur free to mislead the the general public.

With regard to motul. Stafford use it on all the newer vehicles. Feel free to call Stafford and ask. U can speak to Mr. Guruge (service manager) or mr. Kusumsiri (head of service) if u have any doubts. The no is 117607200.

Cheers

yes call stafford and ask them why their oil is the best...why didn't I think of that. I'm sure they would give me an impartial view on the matter (sarcasm intended). Also, we aren't talking about race cars here where every bit of performance counts. I've been using castrol for quite a while now and none f my motors have any sludge problems. Your opinions are based on things everyone tells you not what your experiences are. I'm pretty sure you are the kind of person who would invest in a pyramid scheme because someone told you it's a good idea.

I've also used mobil for years and have not had any problems. The only oils that i've had problems with were ceypetco oils. This whole bullsh*t about sludge just comes from the idiots who don't change their oil on time and refuse to take account for their actions. Blaming the oil company is a lot easier than blaming yourself.

Also, your whole decrease in engine noise and increase is smoothness analysis is bull. Some people feel their car runs smoother after getting a car wash.....

Edited by jdnet

BTW I'm not misleading anyone here. The only person who seems to be misleading people is the one who says motul if great based on what the service manager at stafford said. Last I checked, they were a company that tries to make a profit and not some NGO...

Edited by jdnet

Bro. All I said was castrol wasn't that suited to honda and that I PREFER MOTUL TO MOBIL. Nothing is wrong with mobil I just find that motul is smoother on my car. And yes, Stafford uses it too.

Please stop misinterpreting things and blowing them out of proportion as it helps no one. If you didn't agree with what I said you are free to voice your opinion but I don't think calling another person's opinion and advice he has received bullshit is the right way.

Hope you can understand amd respect this bro. We're only here to help each other.

Jdnet. I'm only sharing what expert race car engine builder and tuner Nadeera Jinasena has told me. This is what he thinks is best. If you feel your own analysis is better sure. Ur free to mislead the the general public. With regard to motul. Stafford use it on all the newer vehicles. Feel free to call Stafford and ask. U can speak to Mr. Guruge (service manager) or mr. Kusumsiri (head of service) if u have any doubts. The no is 117607200. Cheers

YRD, I've used Mobil and Castrol oils all my life, and Caltex for a little while as well. Before that we used Ceypetco oils in our old cars and none of these cars ever developed any sludge problems. So your previous post is incorrect. There was a certain fully synthetic oil which was causing some issues with some cars but I have not heard of or experienced any issues with any of the other brands. You have to remember Castrol is recommended by a large number of car manufacturers including BMW.

As for Motul I think its very big with regards to Motorcycles, but quite frankly I've not even seen it available in car viscosity here in the UK where I live now. I've had similar big names sing songs about a particular brand of oil before but I have often found it is because they have some affiliation or the other. In the particular case I am referring to, the team was being sponsored by this brand of oil.

Don. While I don't fully agree with you I respect your way of putting it across and because you have helped me earlier, as such I will not participate any further in this thread. I guess sam9 will have to find out the hard way.

• 4 months later...