• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ireshlk

Question

Hello every one,

I need your expert advice on this.

After a very big research, i come across a proton Gen 2 car YOM2006 which has 800000Km on the clock and having 1300CC engine, plus good interair and exterior :)

but the problem is seller has minimum or no mechanical knowledge, when i ask about the service records and other repairs he says that all the repairs and services had done by the company (he has taken this car from loan, and he says that company provides all the services, which is included in the loan charges), so he dont have any bills or records about the services or repairs.

1.In the autolanka forum i have seen that when it comes to proton Gen 2 cars, YOM 2006 or newer cars are much better than older ones (YOM 2005), is it true ?

2.which Engine is better, 1300CC one or 1600CC one, when it comes to pulling power and fuel economy?

3. because of this car has a loan, what kind of documents i need to ask from the seller,

4. Finally, is there any way we can confirm is this car is not a stolen one :) i come across many stories about stolen cars selling with fake documents

Please kind enough to make your comments on this,

Thank you

12 answers to this question

1.In the autolanka forum i have seen that when it comes to proton Gen 2 cars, YOM 2006 or newer cars are much better than older ones (YOM 2005), is it true ?

2.which Engine is better, 1300CC one or 1600CC one, when it comes to pulling power and fuel economy?

1. Yes

2. 1600cc

Someone else will have to answer the other questions.

What type of a loan is that which includes services ?

Looks like it(the story) needs a bit of checking out.. some sellers play dumb when they have things to hide.

I have the same question :D , never come across such a loan. ill contact the seller again and try to get some more information about this loan,

Newer cars are always much better than older ones :-), beside of that is there any specific faults associated with those cars 2005YOM.

The automatic GBs where pretty crappy, they supposedly put in an improved box in the later model. Also the earlier models didn't have the variable valve timing system, I'm not too sure which year they finally fitted that, but the 2005 didn't have it.

The automatic GBs where pretty crappy, they supposedly put in an improved box in the later model. Also the earlier models didn't have the variable valve timing system, I'm not too sure which year they finally fitted that, but the 2005 didn't have it.

Thank you Pericles,

ill Google this up :)

Hello,

I come across another Gen2 2006, which has converted to Diesel. Change the engine to mazda one, so is this converting thing is good, seller claims it does about 17 per ltr ;-)

Dont belive what sellers state on that. if i were you i'll not go for that.

Newer cars are always much better than older ones :-), beside of that is there any specific faults associated with those cars 2005YOM.

May be correct with reference to Gen2s, but would you say it holds true for ALL vehicles???????

May be correct with reference to Gen2s, but would you say it holds true for ALL vehicles???????

Im not a expert on this subject, but usually in any product line, newer products come much more sophisticated and eliminating draw backs from previous products. i suppose this is same with the automobile industry, but in sri lanaka resell value of the vehicle may depends on the demand from the customers and many ordinary sri lankans much prefer to go for JAP vehicles than other ones, so there is possibility of much older jap vehicles sales in much higher value than newer cars from other brands.

Hello,

I come across another Gen2 2006, which has converted to Diesel. Change the engine to mazda one, so is this converting thing is good, seller claims it does about 17 per ltr ;-)

Avoid those converted vehicles.

Every thing of a petrol vehicle is made for petrol engine and just bolting down a diesel engine in short makes it a lemmon.