• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motorbike Driving License

dpbatagoda

Mates,

I have driving license with C,C1. I want to add Motor Bike driving license to it (i.e. D).

What are the things they look at Motor bike driving test?

If they are asking to drive "8" in the road, how can I practice it at home? (What are the distance between corners of the eight?)

Or they just ask to come behind or a vehicle?

Thanks

What are the things they look at Motor bike driving test?

If they are asking to drive "8" in the road, how can I practice it at home? (What are the distance between corners of the eight?)

Or they just ask to come behind or a vehicle?

Thanks

I got my license (C,C1, and D) quite sometime ago the moment I hit 18. The practical test I remember involved the examner getting into a car and requested all the MBs to follow the car and we went on for about 15 mnts.Then I remember the "8" manouvre was done. There were no cones or any marks just an open space on the road side (opp SSC) which was enough to do the "8".

If you have a reasonably large garden then you are OK for space to do practicing for the "8" or else practice late at night on the road. If you do not have a MB try getting one from a friend and do a few practice manouvres AND (very important) take the bike you practiced on for the test. If you are not quite a pro at riding and are a novice then riding for the test and trying the "8" on an unfamiliar bike could very likely end up in disaster.

Best of luck!

Edited by CJ5

Keep in mind, you can either take a bike of your own or find a "Chally" from a driving School close by.

When I did the test, the two points for the figure 8 was pretty close to each other and a Standard bike would be a bit tricky around them. The Chally I used was about the right size for the job.

On the other Hand, if you're used to a clutch, you might find the clutchless operation of the Chally a bit odd. It took me a few runs about to get used to it.

Good luck!

Keep in mind, you can either take a bike of your own or find a "Chally" from a driving School close by.

When I did the test, the two points for the figure 8 was pretty close to each other and a Standard bike would be a bit tricky around them. The Chally I used was about the right size for the job.

On the other Hand, if you're used to a clutch, you might find the clutchless operation of the Chally a bit odd. It took me a few runs about to get used to it.

Good luck!

Actually now they have these Chinese scooter kinda bikes, not the chally, oh and of you are used to a clutch there were some with the clutch too!

I got my license (C,C1, and D) quite sometime ago the moment I hit 18. The practical test I remember involved the examner getting into a car and requested all the MBs to follow the car and we went on for about 15 mnts.Then I remember the "8" manouvre was done. There were no cones or any marks just an open space on the road side (opp SSC) which was enough to do the "8".

If you have a reasonably large garden then you are OK for space to do practicing for the "8" or else practice late at night on the road. If you do not have a MB try getting one from a friend and do a few practice manouvres AND (very important) take the bike you practiced on for the test. If you are not quite a pro at riding and are a novice then riding for the test and trying the "8" on an unfamiliar bike could very likely end up in disaster.

Best of luck!

When you practice remember to do it slowly because what is tested is your ability to control and balance the bike at slow speeds not your ability to take hairpin corners like in racing ("kane weli style").

Good luck!

Agreed, with the large bike CD125, Pulsar, Apache it's hard to draw the eight. I will find a smaller bike challey or CD50 would be ideal for this.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...