• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Highest Mileage Vehicle You Have Seen

dpbatagoda

Would like to start a discussion regarding high mileage vehicle.

What is the highest mileage vehicle you have seen?

I have seen 350,000KM Toyota Vios in a leading cab service in Sri Lanka. Car still running superb except for slightly bad suspensions.

Also, has seen Toyota Dolphin which we used for a hire, it's meter is working and had clock nearing 300,000Kms. It also had very good running condition.

648679...Vietnam... 96 Toyota LC HDJ81 diesel unit...whilst on mission...the vehicle was a JDM LC donated to a local institute...didn't believe it at first but swore that it was original all the way through form the body to the engine.

post-51257-0-65934600-1362143024_thumb.j

A Nissan D21 D/C bought B/N by my cousin in 1988 today it has close on 500,000kms on the clock and the uniqueness....still the engine is original everything, has not been repaired and it does not burn any oil!!!

Our CE106V has 278,000 on the clock now, hardly a contender for the highest mileage but thought I'd mention it here.

I think most Toyotas can endure a lot of punishment if they're looked after properly. I see CE106s and their petrol powered equivalents with 400,000+kms put out on auction! I'm sure they get sold as well because their final value is significantly lower.

Record setting Volvo with more than 2m miles!

millionx-wide-community.jpg
Irv Gordon, 60, from Long Island, New York, the first man to drive two million miles around the U.S.

The retired school teacher who rolled into the record books by putting more than 2 million miles on his 1966 Volvo P1800 has a new goal. You guessed it: he's closing in on 3 million.

Here guys check it out at:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/08/record-setting-volvo-driver-closing-in-on-3-million-miles/1

This may not be the best example as topic suggests the highest mileage vehicle you have seen and this Peugeot 406 I haven't seen. It's a HDI D9 406 with in excess of 1 mil kilometers on the odo. It's none other than the 406 which was belonging to Saman dewalaya - Rathnapura, don't know whether it's still there or changed hands.

Early 90s ford laser with 381000 on the clock. T-belt changed thrice. no overhauls. no oil burning, engine still runs like new. Pity the owner is planning to roll back the odo whenever he decides to sell it. Talk about Sri Lankan mentality.

It's none other than the 406 which was belonging to Saman dewalaya - Rathnapura, don't know whether it's still there or changed hands.

Was it the car used by Alfred Tennekone the one time Basnayaka Nilame of the Dewale????

I saw a Benz Van in Singapore with 700,000 on it. Once our company had a Toyota HIACE with over 500,000 and had no major repair until then. A transmission problem developed later, but soon fixed. The machine was well maintained by the company with regular services from TOYOTA.

Early 90s ford laser with 381000 on the clock. T-belt changed thrice. no overhauls. no oil burning, engine still runs like new. Pity the owner is planning to roll back the odo whenever he decides to sell it. Talk about Sri Lankan mentality.

Shame if that happens!

I saw a Benz Van in Singapore with 700,000 on it. Once our company had a Toyota HIACE with over 500,000 and had no major repair until then. A transmission problem developed later, but soon fixed. The machine was well maintained by the company with regular services from TOYOTA.

I have seen 560,000Km toyota Hiace Commuter in Jap auction. The price is slightly cheaper than other vehicle. Also around 10% of commercial vehicles in auction has more than 300,000Km on the clock. Those are mainly vans, buddy vans, buses and trucks.

Would like to start a discussion regarding high mileage vehicle.

What is the highest mileage vehicle you have seen?

I have seen 350,000KM Toyota Vios in a leading cab service in Sri Lanka. Car still running superb except for slightly bad suspensions.

Also, has seen Toyota Dolphin which we used for a hire, it's meter is working and had clock nearing 300,000Kms. It also had very good running condition.

My 94 (Lotto)Townace when I sold it had 330,000kms+ on the clock. A friend's 98 Montero (base model with the V46 body) was closing on 480,000 when he sold it in 2010.

Edited by terrabytetango

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="NRX" data-cid="234162" data-time="1362215070"><p>

Dat fuel guzzler :D </p></blockquote>

Yes didn't do more than 7km per liter

But it was a 1500cc and a was is in a pretty good shape ha for 8 years no major repairs done.

My Hilux has done approximately 460k and is still rolling along... I say approx because it ran for awhile without the odo working thanks to a sensor packing up (Fixed now) so its currently reading 437k. I keep thinking that I need to go to one of those odometer adjusting places and get it to the correct number, can you imagine the look on their faces! I intend to keep the thing for good, the goal is to hit 1 million KM.

My company has a Hiace LH51 that has done well over 600k, bought it recon in 1991 and used it ever since. The odo was again broken for quite awhile so the current mileage is in the 500s. We also have a 1996 Hiace "Dolphin" AWD that has run 475k.

Finally, my dad's 95 Landcruiser KZJ77 has a comparatively small 350k on the clock, without an engine overhaul (it's due for one now though.)

80s/90s Toyotas are pretty much unmatched for durability, hard to see the newer models holding up quite as well.

It should be noted of course that doing a couple of hundred thousand km in our conditions is pretty much equivalent to over a million in a country with great roads.

Edited by Supra_Natural