• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carmart Servicing - Poor Quality Of Service

nuwanba

I presently have a Peugeot 406 (99) and since it's been serviced with Agent by previous owners I also used to service it when possible. But I have been told before that they do not do it properly by friends who use it.

Yesterday (21.02.2013) I serviced my vehicle at CARMART and when I was on the way back after service, I found out that they have broken AC vent (loovers and controller). Both passenger side loovers and the controllers are broken.

When I called and told them (initially the service adviser then the service manager), what they told is I should have checked before leaving. Of course we do check when leaving , but basically it's whether service is OK or not. We generally dont expect the service center to break the vehicle. If this is the case we might have to go with a assesor to these places as they are supppose to break rather than service.

(attached a photo, you can see loovers broken and the controller is missing. It was on the floor)

PLEASE BE AWARE WHEN SERVICING WITH "CARMART" AND TRY TO GET ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER TO KEEP YOUR VEHICLE SAFE.

post-49031-0-25716600-1361505343_thumb.j

I presently have a Peugeot 406 (99) and since it's been serviced with Agent by previous owners I also used to service it when possible. But I have been told before that they do not do it properly by friends who use it.

Yesterday (21.02.2013) I serviced my vehicle at CARMART and when I was on the way back after service, I found out that they have broken AC vent (loovers and controller). Both passenger side loovers and the controllers are broken.

When I called and told them (initially the service adviser then the service manager), what they told is I should have checked before leaving. Of course we do check when leaving , but basically it's whether service is OK or not. We generally dont expect the service center to break the vehicle. If this is the case we might have to go with a assesor to these places as they are supppose to break rather than service.

(attached a photo, you can see loovers broken and the controller is missing. It was on the floor)

PLEASE BE AWARE WHEN SERVICING WITH "CARMART" AND TRY TO GET ANOTHER SERVICE PROVIDER TO KEEP YOUR VEHICLE SAFE.

It's something bloody obvious. When you get in to the car, YOU CAN SEE if the AC vent is broken. All you need to do is, take a good look at the car before leaving AND if you find anything amiss, stop being a p*ssy and raise hell then and there.

What exactly are you trying to achieve by posting your rant on the internet? To tarnish c*rmart reputation? Do they have a reputation in the first place?

Well, seeing that OP has been here at AL since 2011, it's surprising to see such an obvious post come up :)

Seeing this from Car Mart is neither shocking/surprising nor amusing to many of us.

Very true and at the same time very true with what other members have said.

There are 2 locations the least, where Peugeot’s are serviced outside Carmart. One of them recently ran an add on #####. You may want to check up on them.

Going a bit OT – Colonial has opened up a service Centre in Battaramulla, I’m yet to pay them a visit but an a known contact who has a Mazda 3 had done the service there and was quite satisfied with the knowledge, service , staff attitude and location.

Anyone else been there ? Please do share your experience.

Glad to know there are options now for Mazda enthusiasts when it comes to servicing , lets hope Colonial will give due credit & respect for the Mazda Brand.

Going a bit OT – Colonial has opened up a service Centre in Battaramulla, I’m yet to pay them a visit but an a known contact who has a Mazda 3 had done the service there and was quite satisfied with the knowledge, service , staff attitude and location.

Glad to know there are options now for Mazda enthusiasts when it comes to servicing , lets hope Colonial will give due credit & respect for the Mazda Brand.

Welcome news bro, I too must check this out. According to info I got this is the former c******o Hire Drive garage (company was bought over by Colonial) in Pelawatta area right?

Very true and at the same time very true with what other members have said.

There are 2 locations the least, where Peugeot’s are serviced outside Carmart. One of them recently ran an add on #####. You may want to check up on them.

Well my truck is at colonial right now getting some issues sorted out. So far it seems like they know what they are doing. Compared to the attitude that mangers and staff at carmart have, they are a whole lot better.

@ Berm Moper

No, Not in ranting thru net to tarnish carmart. as mentioned in last , to be aware. For all the people who are like me.

For all 6 years I had my own cars, (all of which I've serviced with agent (Honda) or other) I didnt not look for broken part in car. (Yes, I will do in future). I look for the service quality, and dont look at AC vent (specially in passenger side, under teh seats, etc). You dont need to get irritated. if this was obvious , OK. it's for the people who dont know - if there is any.

Sorry If it's so bothering. (anyway, I thought the blog is to post these freely). I could not find a direct thread to add on. that's why started a new.

Thanks others for suggestions. I do repair near pelawatta, but used to service diagnose with carmart.

Members,

I still have contact with Carmart service department, whenever they need my services they contact me and settle dues before taking the finish job.

Few years ago settlement of bills were not so quick, now they have realized the failures what ever they had in management on their down the line.

After loosing two good Franchisers of leading automobiles.

They have sold almost 80% of their land assets in Colombo and Ratmalana. Lost most of their old hands.

Late Mr. Clerance Amarasinghe build his used "Carmart" started at Bambalapitiya Laurris road end with borrowed funds in few years to a automobile empire.

Mostly, when Western companies were dominating. Branched out to Ratmalana Automobile accident repairs & Caning factory. Kandy "Carmart".

Lessons from past they will correct their shortcomings. Will hold on to one prestigious Peugeot brand in future.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

• 8 months later...

Thought of reviving this thread after my "first" yes first Carmart experience after start owning and using Peugeots over 11 years!

407 met with an accident and front bumper got slightly damaged including the grill. Decided to give it to them as previous owner serviced it through them and the car was known to agents. My repair guy (aruna @ throve) also gave a good recommendation about the new management at the collision repair center and assured that i don't have to pocket out a dime.

Handed over the car, still was with a doubt and a shaky mind and told them off (one director and all senior managers I met) the general perception around about the company and the reasons as to why I never stepped in or thought of stepping in during this 11 years of Peugeot experience.

Car was completed just in two days!! with brand new bumper, grill, badge and all new chrome inserts on the grill. Everything was in stocks!! Further they negotiated with the insurance company and got everything settled and I drove the car away while ago.

A complete mind boggling paradigm shift for me contrary to what I heard about their mechanical repair shop.

If there’s a backing of proper insurance coverage, i’d say give it a go with the collision repair center (remember, this recommendation is only for the collision repair center, not their general workshop) before taking it around other garages as most insurance companies do honor agent invoices/spare part prices.

I still remember what assessor told me after looking at the quotation. He said “sir the prices they quote are well reasonable them being a company and agents” Just my first experience, still too little to make a complete judgment, thought of leaving this note as I should be fair and reasonable in giving opinions (good or bad).

• Like 2

Harshan,

I see a few possibilities here,

1. Carmart collision repair center has actually become better than earlier.

2. While speaking to you at the first meeting, the manager of the collision repair center understood that he was speaking to a pro of peugeots, and personally made sure that his guys did a perfect job for your car.

and the wildest one is;

3. Carmart knew you by your name, was waiting for you to come there, and did a perfect job on your car so that they would fall into Autolanka's "good books" :-)

• Like 2

Thought of reviving this thread after my "first" yes first Carmart experience after start owning and using Peugeots over 11 years!

407 met with an accident and front bumper got slightly damaged including the grill. Decided to give it to them as previous owner serviced it through them and the car was known to agents. My repair guy (aruna @ throve) also gave a good recommendation about the new management at the collision repair center and assured that i don't have to pocket out a dime.

Handed over the car, still was with a doubt and a shaky mind and told them off (one director and all senior managers I met) the general perception around about the company and the reasons as to why I never stepped in or thought of stepping in during this 11 years of Peugeot experience.

Car was completed just in two days!! with brand new bumper, grill, badge and all new chrome inserts on the grill. Everything was in stocks!! Further they negotiated with the insurance company and got everything settled and I drove the car away while ago.

A complete mind boggling paradigm shift for me contrary to what I heard about their mechanical repair shop.

If there’s a backing of proper insurance coverage, i’d say give it a go with the collision repair center (remember, this recommendation is only for the collision repair center, not their general workshop) before taking it around other garages as most insurance companies do honor agent invoices/spare part prices.

I still remember what assessor told me after looking at the quotation. He said “sir the prices they quote are well reasonable them being a company and agents” Just my first experience, still too little to make a complete judgment, thought of leaving this note as I should be fair and reasonable in giving opinions (good or bad).

Harshansenadir and ae100,

Your posts I thought I will add few comments. I did some work related to my service about one month ago to CAR MART.

That I think one and only Peugeot sports car in S L had a problem to solve. I quoted my normal amount they agreed at once took little more time than expected to complete. Paid promptly COD.

At present they have One Mr. Dewaka Amarasinghe, who was early in Colombo. To Ratmalana work shop very efficient Gentlemen I think he is responsible for all good work at present. For their work shops at Ratmalana.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Harshan,

2. While speaking to you at the first meeting, the manager of the collision repair center understood that he was speaking to a pro of peugeots, and personally made sure that his guys did a perfect job for your car.

and the wildest one is;

3. Carmart knew you by your name, was waiting for you to come there, and did a perfect job on your car so that they would fall into Autolanka's "good books" :-)

1- Too early to believe it's improved. we'll need a few more to take the plunge and give feedback.

2- Quite possible. That also implies Carmart has recruited fellows who can actually understand customers who know Peugeots!

3- Probably the real reason :sleeping-smiley-001:

I do hope things have actually gone for better... for decades the idiots didn't understand what they were loosing in the market

Harshan,

and the wildest one is;

reading your comments made me to think twice about what happened or I could've just been lucky as a supply of few brand new 407 bumpers reached carmart on the same day. I still enjoy the feeling of seeing those unwrapped brand new bumpers. :)

however, from what I gathered, the top layer is still working the same way, giving high priority to new car sales and lesser priority to keep the cars running on roads. However, from many comments I've heard recently plus with my own experience, the new guy in-charge (who was once an apprentice at the same place) at collision repair center is trying hard to make a change.

Harshansenadir and ae100,

Your posts I thought I will add few comments. I did some work related to my service about one month ago to CAR MART.

That I think one and only Peugeot sports car in S L had a problem to solve. I quoted my normal amount they agreed at once took little more time than expected to complete. Paid promptly COD.

At present they have One Mr. Dewaka Amarasinghe, who was early in Colombo. To Ratmalana work shop very efficient Gentlemen I think he is responsible for all good work at present. For their work shops at Ratmalana.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

didn't want to mention names but since you mentioned, he's the chap I was referring to in my previous post. keeping fingers crossed

Members,

Correction of Name. Ms, Car Mart Ratnalana Officer in Charge should be changed as Mr. Dewaka Abeyasekara instead of Mr. Dewaka Amarasinghe.

His service to that establishment is more than 20 years never requested a Commissions, one and only officer whom I have met in that establishment,

Since he was appointed in management position with high integrity.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi
  • Like 1

Hi

Sorry for steering way the discussion, but would anyone know if it’s possible to repair broken vents ?

Guys at the wash place I visit have broken it and it looks like it’s from the section where it connects to the dash.

Thx

A fiber job would temporarily hold it.

You shold be able to get replacement vents off breakers or ebay easily.

DO NOT... I repeat DO NOT... take Sylvi's advice and paste it. Using glue, especially superglue, will permanently damage your dashboard.

Edited by Crosswind

A fiber job would temporarily hold it.

You shold be able to get replacement vents off breakers or ebay easily.

DO NOT... I repeat DO NOT... take Sylvi's advice and paste it. Using glue, especially superglue, will permanently damage your dashboard.

Crosswind,

I too do not use supper glue. their are special polymer resins to fix that. With no marks will remain after.Please Read under.

http://composite.about.com/od/whatsacomposite/a/What-Is-A-Polymer.htm

Sylvi Wijesinghe.