• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sony Unveils The Playstation 4

guys what is the price tag of a ps3 in SL at the moment?

And what is the best gaming wheel on the market but it should be pocket friendly :) , i wanna buy the logitech G27 wheel but i cant afford it @ this state ..

I need your advice guys?

I think a 'fat' PS3 can be had for about 15,000-18,000. Keep in mind that these models are prone to overheating and some DIY is required to prolong their lives.

If you're serious about getting a console, find a friend or relative in the US who is due for a holiday soon and tell them to buy you one from eBay. That's how I bought mine and it cost me about 12,000. Of course, mine was sold as faulty.

Edited by Jaliya48

guys what is the price tag of a ps3 in SL at the moment?

And what is the best gaming wheel on the market but it should be pocket friendly :) , i wanna buy the logitech G27 wheel but i cant afford it @ this state ..

I need your advice guys?

Dude, if you are keen on racing simulators, at least try to go for the Logitech Driving Force GT then. It should be half the price of a G27. I'm recommending this because of the AMAZING feedback and the realism which is same as the G27 but you'll have to make do without the H Shifter & Clutch Pedal.

If its for arcade type racing games which are more popular I think you can settle for something less. Playing things like NFS on G27 is unbelievable boring and almost impossible as the game is designed for unrealistic quick reactions (such as from the keys of a keyboard).

Cheers,

K9M

I think a 'fat' PS3 can be had for about 15,000-18,000. Keep in mind that these models are prone to overheating and some DIY is required to prolong their lives.

If you're serious about getting a console, find a friend or relative in the US who is due for a holiday soon and tell them to buy you one from eBay. That's how I bought mine and it cost me about 12,000. Of course, mine was sold as faulty.

Where did you buy the converter.(220V - 110V) from? What Voltage convert did you buy? I bought PS3 from US. Need to buy good Converter now.

Edited by Batteries

Where did you buy the converter.(220V - 110V) from? What Voltage convert did you buy? I bought PS3 from US. Need to buy good Converter now.

Ahh...that's my little secret!

LOL kidding...all fat PS3s have 110V-240V adapters inside (model numbers CECHA-CECHH) I know because I dismantled my console and gave it a good clean before plugging it to my TV. The sticker on the outside of the console may say 110V but the power adapter inside actually says 110V-240V.

Which model do you have? Fat or slim?

Regards.

I got a slightly used classic white 320 gb from a friend with 2 controllers and 2 games for 32k

The games were nba something something and dirt 3. Dirt 3 was ok but wasnt so good that I found myself playing it day n night. As for the nba thingy I didnt even touch it and i'll probably sell them both.

Because my plan is to build a driving simulator. With a tailor made stand, seat and everything. So I'm buying a GT 5 academy edition on ebay. And started looking for a logitech g27 wheel. I got a good price for a brand new one with a warranty. But hoping to get one from the agents for less. Any idea who the logitech agent is atm?

Ahh...that's my little secret!

LOL kidding...all fat PS3s have 110V-240V adapters inside (model numbers CECHA-CECHH) I know because I dismantled my console and gave it a good clean before plugging it to my TV. The sticker on the outside of the console may say 110V but the power adapter inside actually says 110V-240V.

Which model do you have? Fat or slim?

Regards.

I have the slim model.(I think). I didn’t know that you could plug it in here. As you said sticker says 110V.

I got a slightly used classic white 320 gb from a friend with 2 controllers and 2 games for 32k

The games were nba something something and dirt 3. Dirt 3 was ok but wasnt so good that I found myself playing it day n night. As for the nba thingy I didnt even touch it and i'll probably sell them both.

Because my plan is to build a driving simulator. With a tailor made stand, seat and everything. So I'm buying a GT 5 academy edition on ebay. And started looking for a logitech g27 wheel. I got a good price for a brand new one with a warranty. But hoping to get one from the agents for less. Any idea who the logitech agent is atm?

Hi Blitz,

I have no idea who the agent is now but records show that it has been EPSI some time ago. Don't know if that's still the case.

Whoever the agent is I'll guarantee that they will stumped when you ask about the wheel and have no idea what it is. That's what I experienced from various shops that sold gaming gear when I was hunting one here. However, after I bought mine I saw one displayed in 'Red Line' in MC. Never asked for the price though. Check with them and may be they will be able to get one down with warranty.

Will it be possible to join with you for buying / building the seat? At the moment I have mine mounted on a small table which is sort of ridiculous.

Cheers,

K9M

Hi Blitz,

I have no idea who the agent is now but records show that it has been EPSI some time ago. Don't know if that's still the case.

Whoever the agent is I'll guarantee that they will stumped when you ask about the wheel and have no idea what it is. That's what I experienced from various shops that sold gaming gear when I was hunting one here. However, after I bought mine I saw one displayed in 'Red Line' in MC. Never asked for the price though. Check with them and may be they will be able to get one down with warranty.

Will it be possible to join with you for buying / building the seat? At the moment I have mine mounted on a small table which is sort of ridiculous.

Cheers,

K9M

I was told to go to redline too. I dropped by at this shop called chelsey and they said they can get one for 38k with a one year warranty. Cheaper than getting one on ebay but I think I can do even better. went to redline next and they wanted 45k for it. funny cos they both get it from the same agent. Anyway how much did you get yours for? and from where?

Not sure Epsi does logitech anymore cos that sure was a long time ago. Must ask some tech geeks.

Sure you can join me in the seat hunting quest. I was thinking of getting an old recaro seat off a trooper or something. But they are usually sold in pairs. So we can have one each that way. As for the stand I was gonna make one at my dads workshop. He's got all machines needed, thought of building a simple cage made with steel tubes and getting all the plates and supports CNC cut. so it has a nice, engineered, race car feel to it.

I was told to go to redline too. I dropped by at this shop called chelsey and they said they can get one for 38k with a one year warranty. Cheaper than getting one on ebay but I think I can do even better. went to redline next and they wanted 45k for it. funny cos they both get it from the same agent. Anyway how much did you get yours for? and from where?

Not sure Epsi does logitech anymore cos that sure was a long time ago. Must ask some tech geeks.

Sure you can join me in the seat hunting quest. I was thinking of getting an old recaro seat off a trooper or something. But they are usually sold in pairs. So we can have one each that way. As for the stand I was gonna make one at my dads workshop. He's got all machines needed, thought of building a simple cage made with steel tubes and getting all the plates and supports CNC cut. so it has a nice, engineered, race car feel to it.

I got mine for 33k in Singapore, 1 1/2 years ago. Warranty was only valid for Singapore which was a risk but decided to go for it. To date that's the best money I have ever spent. Had to walk around a bit to get one at that price though.

I don't know the current prices in Singapore but considering shipping & warranty the Chelsea guys have given you a great price IMO. But do check around if these guys generally honour their warranties or just another follower of P* House.

Yup, definitely I will split that pair of seats with you. Can I also join to get the stand done? Your dad can bill me the regular price if this is possible. I saw a good design for a stand at the GRID restaurant and snapped a few pics. That also had a G27 mounted to it. hunted a few designs from the net too.

We can continue our discussion here http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/12540-sim-racing/?hl=racing

Moderators,

Since we seem to be hijacking the PS4 thread please move racing simulator related content to Sim Racing thread if you can.

Thanks,

Cheers,

K9M

Sticking to original topic, does PS4 come with "anti-used game" technology which sony patented a while back? If so, I doubt it'll gain much followers.

Too bad not being able to do anything much with your own hardware (what with CFW being stuck at 3.55 for a long while!), not being able to swap games with friends would be really insulting!

Let me know when ur selling Dirt....You still have my number yeah?

People who did not even own Nintendo's back in the days to play super mario, now talk about PS4. :sport-smiley-004: Hell ya! thanks to google.com + youtube.com. (Now even qualified with an Automobile Mechanical degree mastering in Hybrid vehicles with the help of above said sites)

Edited by Crishan

I got one trough e-bay. but had to replace the joisticks as they were heavily used & dual shock used to function in funny ways.