• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

The owner is not that stupid to claim such a thing...you must have miss heard him.

Cocky little bugger aren't you? No I heard him well enough. To elaborate, he said there's a white one with the previous owner, and a red one riced up. And this. Three. Why would I make something like that up?

Hmmmm...I think I may know the answer! Is it Grey in colour?
Let me guess.... it was on a sunday paper, and grey in colour as jaliya said and says needs some attention from the new owner ... am i right ???

Smart boys you are! That's the one... Needs more than a little attention at the moment, will put a thread up soonish.

I'm quoting the owner.
The owner is not that stupid to claim such a thing...you must have miss heard him.
Cocky little bugger aren't you? No I heard him well enough. To elaborate, he said there's a white one with the previous owner, and a red one riced up. And this. Three. Why would I make something like that up?

Calm down boys, I should have clarified it Komi, I meant one of only three that I knew were running at the moment. Found out yesterday that there;s another in Kandy as well and clean forgot that there is another black one in colombo as well, making 5... There were way more gen 1s in SL, maybe over a dozen i think! Even Aravinda De Silva owned one....

Do I sound cocky?...Well I guess it happens when you know the facts for yourself and your knowledge is not based on hearsaid quotes by others....

and supra,machan I started counting the cars after you called...There were atlaest 13 cars.7 of which I know the wherabouts but it seems the others have just dissappeared....GTAm,anything to add on this matter?

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

Do I sound cocky?...Well I guess it happens when you know the facts for yourself and your knowledge is not based on hearsaid quotes by others....

and supra,machan I started counting the cars after you called...There were atlaest 13 cars.7 of which I know the wherabouts but it seems the others have just dissappeared....GTAm,anything to add on this matter?

Yes MD there were many. I have no idea about the exact number but definitely should be in the teens. There was supposed to be only 2 or 3 Super Charged ones, one of which I owned (and Supra gave me the sad news that it was written off - Not surprising). The black one owned by Shirendra L who raced it is in stunning shape I must say.

• Like 1

Hear said quotes by the presenter of motorque? You sometimes trip over your own self when trying to be a dick to me md. And supra himself said he said it.

I do

1. have better things to do than keep the entire RMV registry lodged deep in my rectum

2. Not doubt someone who is knowledgable about cars as supra is. It's that simple.

• Like 1

Hear said quotes by the presenter of motorque? You sometimes trip over your own self when trying to be a dick to me md. And supra himself said he said it. I do 1. have better things to do than keep the entire RMV registry lodged deep in my rectum 2. Not doubt someone who is knowledgable about cars as supra is. It's that simple.

Calm down chaps... the mistake was mine, I said so in the post, see?

Calm down boys, I should have clarified it Komi, I meant one of only three that I knew were running at the moment. Found out yesterday that there;s another in Kandy as well and clean forgot that there is another black one in colombo as well, making 5... There were way more gen 1s in SL, maybe over a dozen i think! Even Aravinda De Silva owned one....

Hear said quotes by the presenter of motorque? You sometimes trip over your own self when trying to be a dick to me md. And supra himself said he said it. I do 1. have better things to do than keep the entire RMV registry lodged deep in my rectum 2. Not doubt someone who is knowledgable about cars as supra is. It's that simple.

Not kissing your ass every time you post here does not mean I hate you.If I really wanted to be a dick to you trust me you'd know it.This is me being mildly annoying at best...If I wanted to I could have ofcourse pointed out every exaggeration and untruth on your posts over the years.But I have let them be just because I'm such a nice guy/

• Like 3

Yes MD there were many. I have no idea about the exact number but definitely should be in the teens. There was supposed to be only 2 or 3 Super Charged ones, one of which I owned (and Supra gave me the sad news that it was written off - Not surprising). The black one owned by Shirendra L who raced it is in stunning shape I must say.

Quite a few running around...

Curious to know happened to the lilac colour one which used to circulate in Dehiwala ~ Panadura?

Aravinda's car is what i believe to be the "yellow submarine", if you will, with the snorkel! :D

Edited by Devinda_Z

Quite a few running around...

Curious to know happened to the lilac colour one which used to circulate in Dehiwala ~ Panadura?

Aravinda's car is what i believe to be the "yellow submarine", if you will, with the snorkel! :D

The S-Lon PVC "snorkel"?

I thought it was a MR2, but it's been many years since it showed up at the AL meet...

• Like 1

LOL...go ahead...let it all out...

I kinda like the embossed 'MR2' logo on the back bumper though....

Nothing to let out man, completely lost for words! The MR2 logo is a nice idea if it were in smaller scale on a smaller bumper, that thing looks like a wall!

Fcuk off, md. I'm not here to be judged by you. Nor do I give a rats ass about your opinion about what's on my thread. The line will be drawn from the point where I first asked supra to start his own thread about the car. Simply because he's doing a build and it deserves it's own thread. As does mine.

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 9

Fcuk off, md. I'm not here to be judged by you. Nor do I give a rats ass about your opinion about what's on my thread. The line will be drawn from the point where I first asked supra to start his own thread about the car. Simply because he's doing a build and it deserves it's own thread. As does mine.

No need to use foul language

With all the sexual innuendos and casual chatter filling this thread I was under the impression you were ok with people posting all kinds of OT on this thread.A great classic mid engined MR2 is a far worthy discussion compared to the other OT stuff here IMHO.

No one likes to keep things on topic on project threads like me.Infact I have asked Supra to clean up my TR thread many times of useless posts.

• Like 6

work happening at the usual pace. indika has smoothened out the place where i was molested by the tuk tuk. there was a huge dent on the rear quarterpanel with a ring indentation where his light hit me. all that has been beaten out and the old lines restored. pretty good effort, at least i'm happy with it. the white area around the fender flare needs a lot of attention. there are lots of little little dings and dents that give it a proper golf-ball texture. next he said the tinker will tackle that bit and smothen the whole thing out to get a perfect fender arch. i'm not buffing/flaring it out, however

76pw.JPG

mukf.JPG

• Like 1