• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

I was going to, until wifey came home, opened it an started playing with it *-face palm-*
ive been searching that for ages now :(

I've been searching for a wife like that for ages now :(

Someone who doesn't say "Aren't you too old for that?" to me :D

• Like 2

schiff i got it down from US. was only $0.99. the BRE detailed one is around $60!

Available here in SL too. I got a blue one maybe 2 years back. Lots of shops have Hot Wheels. Nastars @ LP, Odel, Cool Planet etc.

Yes machan I know. The brand manager of hot wheels/Lego was my bridesmaid. Checked with them they don't bring the 510 down. Wasn't on their inventory.

Now you tell us this? Expect a long list of items from me this December. Better make sure their inventories are full lol :D

6 Sri 2277. 1300cc white with the bluebird grille, column shift, Nissan badging, a bluebird badge from a newer model, and those hyper cool merc style middle to side wipers! And front discs.

Yours for 400,000.

Belongs to the previous owner of mine. He wants to sell it apparently. I nicked the Bridgestone rims and l16 meant for that car off him

I saw a 2 door 510 up on jacks at a garage this morning, probably going thru a resto too. Near that perpetually being built bridge connecting Pepiliyana and Gangsabha Juncs, passing Mazna Motors.

I saw it too, Its like a cream color and when i saw it the wheels were on and sitting by the side of the road. I dont think it was there for a restoration, more like a suspension job.

Lovely car that! I saw it last evening while going to Kotte and looked alright. Now why didn't this show up a couple of weeks back when a friend of mine was looking for a car? He ended up buying an average condition KE72V! (guess who accompanied him to visit the cars! *hint* *hint*!)

• 1 month later...

Thanks mate. I know all about Anthony's 510. Got a lot of inspiration from that.

I've been neglecting this thread as of late. Time to resurrect it.

So, datto's in for the long haul. Hunted down an l16 engine, l16 tranny, and front discs. Got a lot of other little parts as well.

Indika will be stripping the paint down to base metal soon. And we'll start on tinkering.

• Like 4

Thanks mate. I know all about Anthony's 510. Got a lot of inspiration from that. I've been neglecting this thread as of late. Time to resurrect it. So, datto's in for the long haul. Hunted down an l16 engine, l16 tranny, and front discs. Got a lot of other little parts as well. Indika will be stripping the paint down to base metal soon. And we'll start on tinkering.

For past few months, the first thing in the morning at the office was to check for updates of Komi's Project R, Master Don's Triump and MK1 restoration projects. You all have built a culture and enthusiast visitors on restorations. So glad that you continue to keep our pleasure by resuming Datto510. Another project to add to my daily list :sport-smiley-003: