• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

No machan keepinwith the theme of the car. Not raping it. The two dons on the forum tied me to a chair and slapped some sense into me. But I agree with them. ITs a huge cost and also a waste of a classic. Keeping things spec and going for a 1600cc twin carb with l16SSS camshaft and upgraded valve train. Plus boosted brakes with front (and/or rear) discs. These parts are very hard to come by and searching for them is half the fun. But they are nowhere near as expensive as the Teg

I couldn't agree with you more, a wise choice indeed! You can have all the speed you want with the other project after all! :)

• 3 weeks later...
That's the jdm SSS coupe by the way. None of those here. A set of rear lights from one of those went up for sale on yahoo Japan for 160,000¥

Omg! Are they old stock? No one re-manufacturers them? That's the price of a whole car in rough condition.

Oh wow!

At an electrical guy getting the rpm meter fixed. Fingers crossed at this point.

Also fixed the clutch after a little drama. And brought the l16 home.

Now all I have to do is hurry up and wait for the teg

The first pic should do good for you with the 510 coming out of the garage.

Good to hear that your project is coming up well.

Today saw another two door 510 at a garage down pepiliyana road (near the yakada palama). It was X sri 2277, white colour one.

This is the 510 that belonged to a broker I know which I missed by a few days. it was sold for 65k and the guy who got it wanted 200k for it after some insignificant work on it. Wonder who owns it and how much he got it for.

Remanufacture! I say gtam I didn't really think of that! *-googles furiously-*

Would love to have a set of SSS lights mate. Proper unicorn balls, that!

That makes life a whole lot easier. Cars which have had a collectible value for a while are sorted by remanufacturerd parts but models that were neglected by collectors for decades and only now have a following have to struggle for parts. Usually old stock or salvaged parts. I face the same issue with my Sud Sprint. Almost nothing is re-manufactured but there still is a supply of old stock and used parts :( For the Giulia on the other hand, almost anything is just a mouse-click away.

• Like 1