• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

In time friends when there is something to talk about. Since this post was written @Komisiripala has become a father and a home owner, so priorities have changed.

But would definitely like to share the ups and downs of our own journeys in car restoration so our mistakes and successes will serve as learning for others at some point. 

• 1 year later...
Just now, mazdaspeed said:

@Komisiripala

? Wow shes' fabulous - simply lost for words machan. Congrats on a superb build up . And Congrats of becoming a farther and  completing the house - Completing her would have been a challenge with the house project also on the same time 

thanks machan. yes it was taxing. the teg more so than this. at one point i had to delay roofing the house by 6 months because the teg broke down! literally මේ විකාර හින්ඳා ඔලුව උඩ වහලත් නැති වුනා! but they're both nearly nearly done now. the teg is in for a full respray. have a few dents and dings over the last 8 years to fix

So @Komisiripala what about the other 510s?

Like the way this turned out, you got one unique ride there. The patience that you went through to complete what you started deserves a price. The one month I took to respray and tighten a few loose ends on mine was so taxing. Every weekend I had to go sit in the garage.

@Komisiripala මහත්තයා ඔකේ තෙල් කොච්චර කරනවද?? AC වැඩද?? Jokes a side.. WoW! that's one hell of a job well done brother. Really happy for you. Especially going in to so much detail in restoration while parallelly running a house project. That's not easy at all. this appraise comes from a guy who even delayed the routine services of his ride while going through the same phase of life. ?

I have been a close follower of the Teg project as well. You say it's been 8 years? seems like yesterday for me ?

49 minutes ago, LashNeo said:

@Komisiripala මහත්තයා ඔකේ තෙල් කොච්චර කරනවද?? AC වැඩද?? Jokes a side.. WoW! that's one hell of a job well done brother. Really happy for you. Especially going in to so much detail in restoration while parallelly running a house project. That's not easy at all. this appraise comes from a guy who even delayed the routine services of his ride while going through the same phase of life. ?

I have been a close follower of the Teg project as well. You say it's been 8 years? seems like yesterday for me ?

lol ගහන තරමක් කරනවා සුදූ! it did about 4kmpl before the carbs were tuned. now, with the tune and the tint (yes, irispro makes a HUGE difference!) it does about 6-7 city. and the AC is a story in itself. cost a bit. done by SAS AC in kohuwala. they used a brand new corolla 141 compressor, and fixed the condensor under the radiator, angled forward. i'm getting an aluminium scuff guard fixed to it as well to prevent damage. the cooler is under the dash, and the piping was vented to the existing blowers. better yet, the AC and blower controls were wired to the existing fan controls. so it looks like it came from the factory. this was a LOT of work, and took some time to perfect. i'll upload some pics when i can. in quarantine til 10-11-20

• Like 3

Wow.!!  Truly appreciate the dedication right there.  I mean.. just finding that list of parts for a 40+ year old car! Where old Datto parts prices are going through the roof all over the world!!  

I am having constant mental debates with myself with just one project car! which is complete, runs fine and parts are reasonably easy to find!!  

Hats off machang.!!

Congratulations Komisiripala!

May we have some details of the process please? As this the previous updates here are of the car being bare metal and cataloy coated. As I remember, I and few others here had some concerns back then.

Would love to have some details as I'm also doing a couple of projects and I could probably learn a thing or two from your vast experience. 

Nice upgrades list btw, your paypal account must have taken a beating. :)

Nice to see more and more pics of her :)

I must shamefully admit that what gives me kicks and giggles like a teenage school boy are the sequential turn signal lights :) It is so much cooler and funkier than the modern day LED crap.

You should put a video of it here (or is it there already ?).