• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

• 2 weeks later...

progress. at long last, progress. indika seems to have sorted his kabour issues out. so now i got him to crack the whip and finish up the car. wife needs a ride soon. hopefully before april. lots of tinkering done yesterday and today. fixed the whole in the drainboard/firewall and patched it up.

ejcu.jpg

nz7k.jpg

and the nearly all the paint has been stripped, and the rear panel is now ready for cutting to fit the SSS lights. i like the new tinkerer. he seems honestly enthu about this project.

ypah.jpg

i'm soo happy to see some work on this. i have been missing this car. the simplicity. the sound... the drama. so good to see some metal being hammered

• Like 1

April? tough deadline no?

Better not rush it.Pay close attention to panel gaps.Have them use paint remover rather than grind the paint off...And once its down to bare metal go over the car yourself checking for rust before the primer coat is applied.Some garages hurriedly apply the primer without showing the owner cos de-rusting is time consuming work.You won't know it untill bubbles start appearing on the body.

• Like 3

Bumpers to be straightened and chromed.

And yeah that's a leone. Running a 1800cc NA boxer. Belongs to a friend. There for some intensive care as well

Hey Komi, how are u planning on getting the bumpers straight and to get it rechromed to orginal status??is it possible? and do u know a place to get it done?

Hey Komi, how are u planning on getting the bumpers straight and to get it rechromed to orginal status??is it possible? and do u know a place to get it done?

the bumpers are a bit of an issue machan. i think my mecahnic can beat them back into shape. but i fear it might be too much chrome for the car, so i might go plastidip/matte black on them, and also still in two minds about the overriders. there are people who rechrome. mecahnic recommends people in darley road, but i have a guy in mount as well. isn't a cheap prospect tho

if I were you Komi, I'd go chrome to preserve the original look. But that's just me. Chrome is never too much on a classic IMO. On a Toyota Vigo - well that's a whole different story.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Saw it. Made my eyes bleed rainbows, but it's not really my thing men. Would rather keep it old school.

This path is not without temptation. I've been offered an sr20ve and an sr16ve for next to nothing.

While that particular 510 is stunning, I totally am with you on this.