• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Octanehead" data-cid="236012" data-time="1364003705"><p>

<br />

Found, Check your FB inbox.... </p></blockquote>

How gay would it sound if I said I love you right now?

Its not like you haven't done it before! ^_^

Okay, cut it out you two loons...its getting weird!

so a little Good Friday DIY...

the tint was bothering me. i personally am quite a transparent person and would like my cars to be too. couldn't see diddly-squat when reversing at night, so i was biding time to get rid of it. here's the before:

photo11uw.jpg

got down to it with a knife and peeled it off. good lord the sound it makes!

quite happy with the looks of it now:

photo21qo.jpg

also, i was never a fan of petc0, at least not enough to have a sticker extolling their virtues on my rear windscreen. so that went too. replaced it with something much more sensible.

photo3jd.jpg

no adhesive residue. gave a little wipe with wife's escada. she will hang me if she finds out. sticker from ebay mate. 7$ worth every penny. getting tshirt as well. came right home with instruction on how to mount.

Wife? are u married? oh I was surprised! how do you manage your car projects with wife?

Smoked lights are on their way out. Will be getting new lenses off eBay in time.

And yes, I am married. Let me explain to you how this works. If you've red "Tom Sawyer" by mark twain, you would understand the analogy. It's what I call the Tom Sawyer effect. In the book, Tom, who's an orphan and lives with his granny, was asked to paint the fence around the house before he could go play. Tom, being the kupadiya, started painting at around the time his friends would go out to play. So one by one as his friends passed, Tom made it look like he was having a ball of a time painting the fence. First one to stop was his best friend Huckleberry Finn. Huck was fascinated, and asked to let him also paint the wall. Tom said no, it's risky business. But this made huck want it more. So Tom let him, and charged him money also. One by one the other friends came, and eventually painted the whole fence for Tom after paying him.

So, in summary, let me clarify. The Datsun 510 belongs to her. It was an anniversary present. ;)

Edited by Komisiripala
  • Like 5

Smoked lights are on their way out. Will be getting new lenses off eBay in time.

And yes, I am married. Let me explain to you how this works. If you've red "Tom Sawyer" by mark twain, you would understand the analogy. It's what I call the Tom Sawyer effect. In the book, Tom, who's an orphan and lives with his granny, was asked to paint the fence around the house before he could go play. Tom, being the kupadiya, started painting at around the time his friends would go out to play. So one by one as his friends passed, Tom made it look like he was having a ball of a time painting the fence. First one to stop was his best friend Huckleberry Finn. Huck was fascinated, and asked to let him also paint the wall. Tom said no, it's risky business. But this made huck want it more. So Tom let him, and charged him money also. One by one the other friends came, and eventually painted the whole fence for Tom after paying him.

So, in summary, let me clarify. The Datsun 510 belongs to her. It was an anniversary present. ;)

Brilliant!