• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

a little bit to happen in the coming week.

1. will finish working on the grille badge

2. getting center console gauges fuel (cos i don't trust the meter) volt and oil pressure

3. hopefully, and i pray i can get this: an OEM tach.

4. some "unique" headlights. nothing ricey, trust me. but it will surprise you.

will update as it happens.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="JadeyBlitzen" data-cid="234249" data-time="1362329874"><p>

<br />

Is it something German by any chance?</p></blockquote>

;)

Would we be gazed by eyes from a heavenly messenger ?

Whenever I feel like my office work is a bit too stressful (or boring for that matter), I turn to this thread, and I'm always relieved. :D

Looks like your 510 has been discussed on the forum way before you laid your hands on her Komi. :) Just came across this while I was reading through some old posts.

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13954-mitsubishi-a72-1400sl-5fwd/page-2#entry215860

Anyway, some pics of the engine please?

A Datsun 510 isnt quite the type of car that loosens panties of the typical girl of the said school IMO :P

HAHA! Unfortunately, girls who like chaps in vintage sports cars wearing leather driving gloves and Aviators aren't among us at all...

Somebody invent a time machine FFS!! :sport-smiley-004:

HAHA! Unfortunately, girls who like chaps in vintage sports cars wearing leather driving gloves and Aviators aren't among us at all...

Somebody invent a time machine FFS!! :sport-smiley-004:

Yes they are among us...you just have to have the right car :D

Exibit A...classic sports car+aviators+ leather gloves = panties are dropping yo!

b44vOQw.jpg

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 1

So here I was heading home this evening when I peeked into a small used car lot and spotted a very familiar face. It was another Datsun 510!

I quickly turned around and came back to investigate. Predictably it was a 4 door, a 10 sri example this time. So deffo recon, considering it had the 60s horizontal speedo. It had most of the parts on it but it had the unloved classic feel to it. The rear quarters must have been turned out of filler. and possibly by hand from the looks of things. Apparently it runs but couldn't check cos there was no battery in it and the owner was out at the time.

Seems like all the hidden 510s are resurfacing suddenly.