• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

thanks guys. both those places are close to home. indika is good but the whole process of going to kolonnawa to see a car every other day is killing me. i need a guy whom i can give the engine to, and say "here, build this" and then not have to worry about it. whereabouts is second lane, in dehiwela?

also, touched up the bluebird badge:

photo2gha.jpg

photo3nnh.jpg

photo4fj.jpg

ta-daaa! *-drum roll-* i know, not the best, but i spent a lot of time on it, dammit!! and it felt GOOD!!

photo5cz.jpg

• Like 1

Decent work on the badge, but the old flaked black bits can be seen. What you should do (if you're not satisfied with the current results, of course!) is to submerge this in brake fluid for some time. This will strip all the paint off from the badge and will leave a clean 'canvas' for you to paint. Then brush the various bits in their respective colours. Finally a spray can of lacquer clear will seal the new coat of paint and give it a nice shiny lustre!

Second Lane is near the Commercial Bank Dehiwala Branch. If you're heading from Mount Lavinia, it's right after the HFC and Commercial Bank Dehiwala. Let me know if you're headed this way.

Decent work on the badge, but the old flaked black bits can be seen. What you should do (if you're not satisfied with the current results, of course!) is to submerge this in brake fluid for some time. This will strip all the paint off from the badge and will leave a clean 'canvas' for you to paint. Then brush the various bits in their respective colours. Finally a spray can of lacquer clear will seal the new coat of paint and give it a nice shiny lustre!

Second Lane is near the Commercial Bank Dehiwala Branch. If you're heading from Mount Lavinia, it's right after the HFC and Commercial Bank Dehiwala. Let me know if you're headed this way.

This boy and his brake fluid... :D

Edited by Kavvz

thanks guys. both those places are close to home. indika is good but the whole process of going to kolonnawa to see a car every other day is killing me. i need a guy whom i can give the engine to, and say "here, build this" and then not have to worry about it. whereabouts is second lane, in dehiwela?

also, touched up the bluebird badge:

photo2gha.jpg

ta-daaa! *-drum roll-* i know, not the best, but i spent a lot of time on it, dammit!! and it felt GOOD!!

photo5cz.jpg

Its like those before and after pictures on supplement cans. A picture from 'before' with dodgy lighting and good focus, with the angle just right to highlight all the flaky paint, and then one with good lighting and some blur for 'after' :D

• Like 1

Have you seen the Nissan Stagea wagons with BNR34 fronts? It's like a skyline wagon! They've even got the new R35 front adopted to a Stagea as well.

Yupp....seen a yellow unit and a white one and the R35 fronted one only in a magazine. I actually liked it a lot better than the original Stagea front end :D The engines were swapped as well.