• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

what can i say? i just had to. the moment i saw this car, i was transported to the botanical gardens in hindi movies where i was hiding behind one tree and the datto was hiding behind the other and we were running into each others arms in a field of flowers, with kuch kuch hota hai playing int he background.

apart frmo Givantha's i highly doubt there another 510 out there as pristine as this. everything is in there, in working order, AND looking like it rolled out of the factory yesterday. completely amazed at its condition, for a 45 year old car...

for now, i'm just gonna run it. can't have a another project in hand. this is to be a daily driver, mind you. and i will bring it up to scratch soon.

once the teg is out, ;)

photo1zeu.jpg

photo2yye.jpg

photo3qkn.jpg

photo4adl.jpg

photo5nf.jpg

• Like 7

the rear is lowered on adjustable coilovers. the front suspension needs some attention. as does the gear box bushings. and the brakes are atrocious. nothing Insika can't fix in a day or two.

the alternator and ac condensor bade farewell last night on the way home. getting that fixed today.

all this makes me love her more... :)

what can i say? i just had to. the moment i saw this car, i was transported to the botanical gardens in hindi movies where i was hiding behind one tree and the datto was hiding behind the other and we were running into each others arms in a field of flowers, with kuch kuch hota hai playing int he background.

apart frmo Givantha's i highly doubt there another 510 out there as pristine as this. everything is in there, in working order, AND looking like it rolled out of the factory yesterday. completely amazed at its condition, for a 45 year old car...

for now, i'm just gonna run it. can't have a another project in hand. this is to be a daily driver, mind you. and i will bring it up to scratch soon.

once the teg is out, ;)

photo1zeu.jpg

photo2yye.jpg

photo3qkn.jpg

photo4adl.jpg

photo5nf.jpg

Dammit so it was you who was going to buy it. Dammit I hate you for that, but if your selling it once the Integra is out I will buy it.

It is one nice car....... Gishwi I want that model kit soon as I missed buying this!

Right now your not making life any easy for me komi! How do you expect me to go to bed knowing someone else is owning my dream ladies! First it was the Teg n now daisy -.- ;)

Really hope you wouldn't buy a evo! I would have to kill my self then :P

Edited by CyRaX
  • Like 1

ALLRIGHT! That's a beauty, man! If you're changing the rims, let me know. I'll share my vintage Japanese wheel collection photos with you to pick one up.

OT, but a friend I know has a single owner Datsun PB110 (known as the Sunny Excellent) from 1972 and he drives it daily too! I'll snap some photos when I see the car.

Its great to see the car in such good hands. For a moment I was honestly worried that it would get bought by someone who didn't have a clue about it's value, but I think it's safe to say this little datto's future is now safely secured :D

But, having said that, I'm incredibly jealous :P

Oh sweet... u bought it? I spied the ad in ###### and for a couple of days I was trying to contact the owner!

Some guy answered the phone and said it's his brother's car and gave me the number. I called that number a few times and it was answered by a chick who had no clue of the car... then finally gave up!

Looks like many of us have been after this little ripper.

Ultimately you are the lucky Prince who won this great Princess. Congrats Komi. :appl:
Nice car Machan . :)

By the way , this Monday, I saw a Datsun Sunny 2 - Door (Metallic blue) almost similar to below photo and must thank to owner for keeping her in such a good condition. (Unfortunately I couldn't take a photo as I was driving) . I also felt "Kuch Kuch Hotha Hai" ;)

1973_Datsun_Sunny_Excellent_GX_coup%C3%A

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

I'm fond of the Datsun sunny two door as well. There's a relatively common 4 door brown example in beautiful condition down airport road in Rathmalana. The only change is that the owner has replaced the original steel wheels with Sunny B11 steel wheels. Still looks decent.