• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

No machan this is with my mechanic. I'll keep a lookout for a car as well. And no all I have are the Datsun, the Teg and my bike

Highly appreceiate Komi! Saw an advertisment on the Internet a Datsun for sale. Called the guy & his reply was "mama eka vikunanne neha"

so work progresses at a snail's pace. now i have a dedicated tinkerer on the job so it should pick up the pace a smidgen. there are lines on her bum that we never saw before because of all the putty. why do people love that awful compound so? indika says he scraped off close to 15kg worth of it off my car so far, and he hasn't finished scraping. and it was all for nothing. the metal is perfectly fine underneath. aney manda.

he's concerning himself with getting those gorgeous lines to come together and pop. this is getting mroe attention than the honda by the old man.

qnov.jpg

notice the three lines on the rear quarterpanel. never visible until now

YEah seriously. It's in remarkably good shape. Almost no tinkering needed. Just panel beating and alignment. Which is a huge saving in itself. And he mentioned that we have to jack out the line of cleavage where the side of the bootlid meets the body. I didn't even notice, but it's about 2-3mm offset. The new tinker is eagere to please! That's good.

Highly appreceiate Komi! Saw an advertisment on the Internet a Datsun for sale. Called the guy & his reply was "mama eka vikunanne neha"

Machan call 0770370469. Has one up for sale now. He posted his number on facebook so I don't think he will mind his number being shared.

I have a KE sedan. 4 door. 1.8 liter petrol engine. Needs a good fixer upper if you're interested. Can get for your price range

Oooh...that would make it either a TE70 (13T-U) or a TE72 (3T-C) ?....haven't looked in to it personally but the word is that the TEs are a lot easier for a 4A-GE conversion than a KE.if anyone is interested.

Oooh...that would make it either a TE70 (13T-U) or a TE72 (3T-C) ?....haven't looked in to it personally but the word is that the TEs are a lot easier for a 4A-GE conversion than a KE.if anyone is interested.

Ok "I have" was a bit misleading. Sorry. There's one I know for sale. And it's a petrol Noah engine swap. Not factory fit

Wrong thread!! But yes men the coilovers make a huuge difference. I cannot stress how much better it handles now. And it's not uncomfortable at all. If you ever get a pair, get it with adjustable dampening. That's the ticket!

I know, i know, was too lazy to search for the TEG thread :)

YEah seriously. It's in remarkably good shape. Almost no tinkering needed. Just panel beating and alignment. Which is a huge saving in itself. And he mentioned that we have to jack out the line of cleavage where the side of the bootlid meets the body. I didn't even notice, but it's about 2-3mm offset. The new tinker is eagere to please! That's good.

That is such a pleasent surprise! I mean to have less work than expected. Lucky you.

so work progresses at a snail's pace. now i have a dedicated tinkerer on the job so it should pick up the pace a smidgen. there are lines on her bum that we never saw before because of all the putty. why do people love that awful compound so? indika says he scraped off close to 15kg worth of it off my car so far, and he hasn't finished scraping. and it was all for nothing. the metal is perfectly fine underneath. aney manda.

he's concerning himself with getting those gorgeous lines to come together and pop. this is getting mroe attention than the honda by the old man.

qnov.jpg

notice the three lines on the rear quarterpanel. never visible until now

Talk about being lucky.

Somewhere down the line someone thought that lines are bad and filled them with putty. Can't blame the guy, coz all he did was burring the treasures for Komi to find!