• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1968 Datsun 510 Sedan (Project Datto)

Komisiripala

Smoked lights are on their way out. Will be getting new lenses off eBay in time.

And yes, I am married. Let me explain to you how this works. If you've red "Tom Sawyer" by mark twain, you would understand the analogy. It's what I call the Tom Sawyer effect. In the book, Tom, who's an orphan and lives with his granny, was asked to paint the fence around the house before he could go play. Tom, being the kupadiya, started painting at around the time his friends would go out to play. So one by one as his friends passed, Tom made it look like he was having a ball of a time painting the fence. First one to stop was his best friend Huckleberry Finn. Huck was fascinated, and asked to let him also paint the wall. Tom said no, it's risky business. But this made huck want it more. So Tom let him, and charged him money also. One by one the other friends came, and eventually painted the whole fence for Tom after paying him.

So, in summary, let me clarify. The Datsun 510 belongs to her. It was an anniversary present. ;)

ha haaa! Patta!

it was 32 degrees celcius today, and i thought fcuk it. i've had enough of the heat. having an AC that works for 2 minutes was even worse than having no AC at all.

so i consulted a few AC guys about my hot and bothered situation. they were all of the opinion that i needed a fan shroud to better direct air flow through the condensor. and that the other internals were fine. so off it was to indika's.

we couldn't find a plastic fan cover, so took two metal ones, and cut them, and welded them together to make one large cover:

photo31a.jpg

there's a closer view. goodness this took time to figure out!

photo4yif.jpg

and there it is. quite a snug fit. and after all this, we turn the AC on, and figure out that the AC pulley has been mated to the crank pulley with some love and good wishes. only. great. no wonder it starts slipping when the load is high. kiyala wedak naa. eventually after psending an entire day there had to leave the car behind to properly sort out the crank pulley.

it wasn't a total waste of time tho. i managed to do this while i was waiting. grabbed a hold of some rubbing compound and went at the grille. mounted the bluebird badge as well. would love to see this on the car. tomorrow tomorrow... if not i will go rape the people at the lathe.

photo21f.jpg

• Like 1

My KSev also has an AC issue. Remember that wrong shroud I bought? My mechanic said he'd do a chop-up job on it and extend the cover around the fan to make it fit.

Interestingly the one I bought is metal whereas the original shroud was available as a two-piece plastic one. Australians have plenty of these shrouds and they sell them for like $10 each!
:speechless-smiley-003: :speechless-smiley-003: :speechless-smiley-003:

Rallying round the college flag I see.

Yes. We thoras are ok with people having sex with other people. Of the same sex. Or the opposite. No really. Slightly ot here but it's funny how two people in my college friends group are openly homo. One of them flamboyantly so

Neat, might have to try that sometime on my waggs... Of course, cluster visibility has improved significantly since I cleaned the whole cluster properly today :sport-smiley-004:

are you also a wagon fan?

pic?

there are certain people like Shiffer, who love wagons!

Bro, where were you all those times these Thora boys and what not homos having erections and orgasms over Jaliya's couple of decades old corolla??? I tjhink Komi came twice seeing a Thomian sticker on its rear windscreen.. isn't it siripala?? :) :)

Bro, where were you all those times these Thora boys and what not homos having erections and orgasms over Jaliya's couple of decades old corolla??? I tjhink Komi came twice seeing a Thomian sticker on its rear windscreen.. isn't it siripala?? :) :)

That's not right! I have three college stickers on my wagon :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Jaliya48

Rallying round the college flag I see.

Yes. We thoras are ok with people having sex with other people. Of the same sex. Or the opposite. No really. Slightly ot here but it's funny how two people in my college friends group are openly homo. One of them flamboyantly so

Yeah, live and let live. And remember to always take advantage of stereotype reputations wherever possible.

yup. aluminium foil cover will help. i've seen it done on an old merc. sorks well. i had a cover on the teg for the bonnet for the same purpose.

and yes, i remember i had a moment with the stickers on jaliya's car. *-facepalm-*

datto is still at indikas. there's trying to figure some stuff out. another carless day, it looks like...

in the meantime so more goodies arrived for it. nothing big. the little details. i'll install it and put up some before and afters

yup. aluminium foil cover will help. i've seen it done on an old merc. sorks well. i had a cover on the teg for the bonnet for the same purpose.

and yes, i remember i had a moment with the stickers on jaliya's car. *-facepalm-*

datto is still at indikas. there's trying to figure some stuff out. another carless day, it looks like...

in the meantime so more goodies arrived for it. nothing big. the little details. i'll install it and put up some before and afters

are you guys talking about the foil on the bonnet/hood?

or the one near the gear stick?