• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2013 Honda Civic

Shanjeev

Hi members,

Any views about the 2013 Honda Civic?

Thanks,

Views? Hmmm

Looks like a Corolla, definite step back from the last model

Only available with a CVT gearbox, you can't get a manual even on order apparently..

Still better to drive than a Prius or a Corolla, but feels less chuckable than before. Engine is the same 1.6 i-VTEC, but doesn't rev as sweetly or feel as enthusiastic, most likely that bloody CVT's fault. Rides ok, better insulated and quieter than the previous model. Supposed to be much more economical than the last one because of the CVT.

In sum; a corolla that is a bit more fun to drive than the one made by Toyota.

Technically FB chassis and FD chassis shares the same frame. Only upside is FB Civic made for more fuel economy. With it's Auto-Stop feature, it really saves the fuel in stop and go traffic. Same as in in FD, R16 engine block is used for 1.6 iVtec and 1.8 is also available. even the 2 Ltr Si (type R) version is also available. Can import through Kah Motors in Singapore or Malaysia also. FB chassis is developed in Honda - Acura US inc. which later revieled in JDM and ADM, EUDM markets. US domestic market recieved it's powerful Si version with 2Ltr DOHC iVtec with Efficient Dynamic systems.

However, in my opinion (being a Honda owener and driver for last 11 years) , FB civic is Sucks :) in its' looks and feel. Rather settle with FD2. But, come 2014, we will recieve the FB Type R - the first Honda Civic Type R with a little snail in it.... Yes its pumping little less than a 300Bhp with a 1.6Ltr DOHC iVtec Turbo intercooler (FMIC).

So if you are a true honda lover, all your dreams will come true after 2014 - June !

Views? Hmmm

Looks like a Corolla, definite step back from the last model

Only available with a CVT gearbox, you can't get a manual even on order apparently..

Still better to drive than a Prius or a Corolla, but feels less chuckable than before. Engine is the same 1.6 i-VTEC, but doesn't rev as sweetly or feel as enthusiastic, most likely that bloody CVT's fault. Rides ok, better insulated and quieter than the previous model. Supposed to be much more economical than the last one because of the CVT.

In sum; a corolla that is a bit more fun to drive than the one made by Toyota.

Whats I-VTEC? :speechless-smiley-019:

through Kah Motors in Singapore or Malaysia also. FB chassis is developed in Honda - Acura US inc. which later revieled in JDM and ADM, EUDM markets.

There hasn't been a JDM Civic since late 2010 as according to Honda-Japan at the time the Fit totally annihilated the Japanese domestic market for civis. As far as I know Honda-Japan is not intending to relaunch it here again.