• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ek3 Idle Drop Down To 400

asangargy

My car is honda ek3 1999 brand new model. when after the AC is started idle goes down to 400 when switch off its gets normal.

Cleaned TB

Checked Idle up valve

Change petrol filter

Done Injector clean

Changed Air filter

Done all things which have mentioned in Topic Ek3 idle fluctuating issue

Is this can happen coz of Alternator

Coz i had a issue with alternator and replaced it from dual carb engine alternator

Battery Charging sytem is k but idle goes down when AC is started

Help me

ask me for clarification

My car is honda ek3 1999 brand new model. when after the AC is started idle goes down to 400 when switch off its gets normal.

Cleaned TB

Checked Idle up valve

Change petrol filter

Done Injector clean

Changed Air filter

Done all things which have mentioned in Topic Ek3 idle fluctuating issue

Is this can happen coz of Alternator

Coz i had a issue with alternator and replaced it from dual carb engine alternator

Battery Charging sytem is k but idle goes down when AC is started

Help me

ask me for clarification

have you had this issue with your old alternator?

the last thing that you change is altenator . so if the AC is on, there are some amout of current will be getting thro the alternator and then alternator may work in full load. that time there is a chance to drop eengine speed as the alternator working high load

please check that too

sira

have you had this issue with your old alternator?

the last thing that you change is altenator . so if the AC is on, there are some amout of current will be getting thro the alternator and then alternator may work in full load. that time there is a chance to drop eengine speed as the alternator working high load

please check that too

sira

when i m buy the car idle issue was not there.

but when the alternator givving trouble there was little bit drop down in the idle.

after the alternator changed idle goes down to 400 after switch on the ac

sira ,

you are saying that alternator can be the issue

but when the alternator givving trouble there was little bit drop down in the idle.

This means that you had a problem with your idle speed even before you changed the alternator right? If you suspect your current alternator is unduly overloading the engine, disconnect the alternator and start the engine for a short time (otherwise it will discharge your battery) to see if the idle goes down when you put the AC on. If it does it is nothing to do with the alternator. As Kalinga above said it is either the idle valve or the controller input to the idle valve. Need to sort that out before blindly changing things.

sira ,

So you now isolate it. do not jump to any other solutions as the root cause is the altenator. check the altenator with another unit ofr see the current flow via a amp meter.

So you now isolate it. do not jump to any other solutions as the root cause is the altenator. check the altenator with another unit ofr see the current flow via a amp meter.

Sira, your conclusion is logical but I don't think it can be thought of in that way. The problem is we don't know what the actual condition of the system was before the alternator change, and we don't know what else the mechanics messed up in the process of replacing the alternator. The only likely scenario where the alternator is directly involved is if there was an vacuum generation mechanism in the old alternator which is not there in the new one, or the idle up circuit is linked to the load on the alternator via the electrical system.

I think the first thing to do is to understand how the idle adjustment mechanism works in the car and identify the inputs to that mechanism. For example the carb should have an idle up value with either a vacuum line or wires going into it, and something like the air conditioner coming on should trigger the idle up mechanism, either via the AC circuit or some other mechanism.

Could it be that the AC load is too much? I had this issue with my JDM civic, which had a smaller condenser. Replaced that with a Korean dual core unit and it idled fine

my condenser is big one. its not original small one

reason is i ddnt had this prob earlier

This means that you had a problem with your idle speed even before you changed the alternator right? If you suspect your current alternator is unduly overloading the engine, disconnect the alternator and start the engine for a short time (otherwise it will discharge your battery) to see if the idle goes down when you put the AC on. If it does it is nothing to do with the alternator. As Kalinga above said it is either the idle valve or the controller input to the idle valve. Need to sort that out before blindly changing things.

is this ok to try and see

Sira, your conclusion is logical but I don't think it can be thought of in that way. The problem is we don't know what the actual condition of the system was before the alternator change, and we don't know what else the mechanics messed up in the process of replacing the alternator. The only likely scenario where the alternator is directly involved is if there was an vacuum generation mechanism in the old alternator which is not there in the new one, or the idle up circuit is linked to the load on the alternator via the electrical system.

I think the first thing to do is to understand how the idle adjustment mechanism works in the car and identify the inputs to that mechanism. For example the carb should have an idle up value with either a vacuum line or wires going into it, and something like the air conditioner coming on should trigger the idle up mechanism, either via the AC circuit or some other mechanism.

i ddnt get you exactly can you simplify its pls

what i have to do in point form

i ddnt get you exactly can you simplify its pls

what i have to do in point form

In simple, you have to first check whether the idle up mechanism of your carburetor works.

If that responds to a signal, then you need to check if the trigger for that mechanism, say the AC circuit or the relay is working as they should.

If both those work, then the idle speed should be adjusted up a bit to compensate. There is a possibility the issue is because of extra load on the engine due to a faulty bearing in the pulley, alternator, compressor, or power steering pump. So disconnect the drive belts and run to rule out that possibility.

• 2 months later...

it is not a carb model right? its efi.I think its the IACV bro.but there's an impact of the AC condenser too.i had this issue severely and after komi's advice i replaced the condenser.then it almost went away but not completely.so i think its the IACV.