• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Light Up Both Winkler Mirrors ?

nish1

Hi guys,I have seen some vehicles light up both winkler mirrors when driving...I have a vitz and I only can light them both only at emergency button..so can you plz tel me know how they do that..?

Why would you want to do that?

:D :D :D Yeah buddy I know that..the reason that I want for is ..I'm driving really traffic road with full of three-wheel idiots that bloody ppl come like rasing..and atrying to slip on the body all the time so there's a heavy possibility for one get knock in my mirror so atleast if I could show there's a mirror in side..that make my mirroe safe :D..thats Y...

You mean to say you want both "winkers" to light up constantly, in bright yellow, when driving around? :speechless-smiley-003: Man, that`ll be like wearing a couple of earrings with LED`s and walking around.

• Like 2

Oh ok, fair enough.

If it`s a must, why not hook up a small LED strip to the parking circuit? you wont be messing around with factory wiring then, can always remove the thing if required.

I think he means mirrors with little led's that come under the mirror housing. I've seen them on some hiaces.

Macho you're not gonna stop tuk tuks even if you put burning spikes on your mirrors. They live in their own world where no part is more than 500 rupees.

A tuk knocked my friends x type, scraped the rear bumper and had the gall to say "aiyyo give this to my garage guy. Will cost you 500/- max". We kept him around til insurance came, assessed and gave a quote of 14,000.

He was in denial still.

I think he means mirrors with little led's that come under the mirror housing. I've seen them on some hiaces.

Macho you're not gonna stop tuk tuks even if you put burning spikes on your mirrors. They live in their own world where no part is more than 500 rupees.

A tuk knocked my friends x type, scraped the rear bumper and had the gall to say "aiyyo give this to my garage guy. Will cost you 500/- max". We kept him around til insurance came, assessed and gave a quote of 14,000.

He was in denial still.

you mean those ones that light up when you open the door?

Could someone explain, why on earth do these KDH have a light under the site mirror???

and thise who dont know, yhe new trend is a LED logo projector underlight for doors

2rd-5W-Car-Logo-Projector-Light7.jpg

Could someone explain, why on earth do these KDH have a light under the site mirror???

You mean the puddle lamps? By definition there to help to see what you're stepping in to when you step out of the vehicle in the dark, innit? [OT]

You mean the puddle lamps? By definition there to help to see what you're stepping in to when you step out of the vehicle in the dark, innit? [OT]

yup sort of by seriously why a logo? why not a normal light? ive seen a couple in kandy, ridiculous. [sorry for going OT]

:D :D :D Yeah buddy I know that..the reason that I want for is ..I'm driving really traffic road with full of three-wheel idiots that bloody ppl come like rasing..and atrying to slip on the body all the time so there's a heavy possibility for one get knock in my mirror so atleast if I could show there's a mirror in side..that make my mirroe safe :D..thats Y...

It's not the mirrors buddy, it's the attitude of drivers on the road. Drive a big car and no one would dare to get too close. Drive a Vitz or a March or a Viva (as lot of ladies drive these), you become the three wheeler drivers' lil' b*tch.

• Like 1

It's not the mirrors buddy, it's the attitude of drivers on the road. Drive a big car and no one would dare to get too close. Drive a Vitz or a March or a Viva (as lot of ladies drive these), you become the three wheeler drivers' lil' b*tch.

Yeah.. that's true..I pray for god for give some little bit of wisdom to those bloody idiots..I can't believe why these idiots so selfish..they drive so close to those vehicles and go left side without even thinking of there's a vehicle in right...

Hi guys,I have seen some vehicles light up both winkler mirrors when driving...I have a vitz and I only can light them both only at emergency button..so can you plz tel me know how they do that..?

nishi1,

Contact me, [email protected]; [email protected]; Few colors are available.

You can buy LED Strips at Darly road or most electrical shops at 1st cross street.

They are sold in strips of one foot and roles of 5 meters. Rs: 200.00 to 1600.00.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

True but a Vitz will be easier to maneuver around traffic isn't it?

and thise who dont know, yhe new trend is a LED logo projector underlight for doors

2rd-5W-Car-Logo-Projector-Light7.jpg

puddle lights are nothing new - some premium cars have had these for decades but I'd say the logo projectors look cool. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea though

i see, now i get the use of the puddle light but still that logo projector is not my cup of tea

I saw couple of axios which has these logo projectors mounted in front. looks like neon strips era has end by these logo projectors :D

That itself IS the problem buddy. If everyone started driving in their own lanes and stop manouvering thru traffic, the congestion on the Sri Lankan roads will be much lower.

I agreed with you too...but no one cares it mostly the these tuk tuk idiots

That itself IS the problem buddy. If everyone started driving in their own lanes and stop manouvering thru traffic, the congestion on the Sri Lankan roads will be much lower.

This plus not keeping a huge distance with the vehicle in front.

What do you mean? Is keeping a huge distance a problem or is NOT keeping it a problem? [totally OT!]

You should keep a distance to be able to react to a sudden deceleration of the vehicle in front.

But in the traffic you see many drivers who keep about 50 feet of open space with the next vehicle, that is NOT good.

What I added to CW's post was to keep the minimum viable distance with the other vehicle to help the cause.