• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Place For Leather Seat Covers For C220Cdi

zeristo

My brother has got a C220 CDI on permit, unfortunately no leather seats as on the BMWs ! where can i get good leather seat covers for my car ? i want them hemmed into the existing seats.

Also it lacks a rear arm rest, any suggestion for an alternate arm rest ?

My brother has got a C220 CDI on permit, unfortunately no leather seats as on the BMWs ! where can i get good leather seat covers for my car ? i want them hemmed into the existing seats.

In Sri Lanka, rexine is called leather. What u will get, are cheap rexine covers which will make your car look like an old lady in drag. Either way, you lose.

Get the neighbourhood wadu-baas to do a box for you and then get it covered in leather

If your shoulder cant support your arm for a couple of hours drive you need a doctor, not a armrest.

As for very good quality set of seat covers I guess the best place is Dean's on Havelock road/Maya avenue. Hopefully ur looking for good covers and not cheap covers.

Don't try to redo the interior on these cars. For starts it's probably got "Neck Pro" type head rests which work to prevent whiplash in case of a read end collision. These would not work properly if they are covered with anything.

There is also the possibility that the side air bags are integrated into the front seats which again won't work properly when covered.

Now you can get around these problems, but the questions has to be asked......... why? In a tropical country fabric seats feel a lot better than leather!

Don't try to redo the interior on these cars. For starts it's probably got "Neck Pro" type head rests which work to prevent whiplash in case of a read end collision. These would not work properly if they are covered with anything.

There is also the possibility that the side air bags are integrated into the front seats which again won't work properly when covered.

Now you can get around these problems, but the questions has to be asked......... why? In a tropical country fabric seats feel a lot better than leather!

Don, are you seriously that naive???

It's not a matter of comfort or safety. This bloke has got a stripped down Merc on a permit. With fabric seats and no rear armrest, this C200 is in the same league as a Maruti 800, Toyota Vitz, Nissan March and the likes. That's why the bugger desperately wants to dress it up in seat covers and some artificial armrest. It's a matter of so-called prestige:D

Remember the old (modified) saying.. money can buy Mercs and Bimmers but money can't buy class!

Don, are you seriously that naive???

It's not a matter of comfort or safety. This bloke has got a stripped down Merc on a permit. With fabric seats and no rear armrest, this C200 is in the same league as a Maruti 800, Toyota Vitz, Nissan March and the likes. That's why the bugger desperately wants to dress it up in seat covers and some artificial armrest. It's a matter of so-called prestige:D

Remember the old (modified) saying.. money can buy Mercs and Bimmers but money can't buy class!

Crosswind, I don't care if this guy wants to dress up his new Mercedes as a Christmas tree. His money, his car, his choice. I was merely pointing out the practical issues.

Dude crosswind,

the need for leather covers was just to protect the seat fabric from all sorts of dirt that get into especially when you live in a rainy hill station, and also coz of kids having snacks on the rear ! there's no need to dress up a merc for prestige.... it simply is !

• Like 2

do your self a favor and use it as it is just do you weekly vacuuming and regular interior clean up and they should be fine....no point in spending so much and protecting it for the next user to use it..

Dude crosswind,

the need for leather covers was just to protect the seat fabric from all sorts of dirt that get into especially when you live in a rainy hill station, and also coz of kids having snacks on the rear ! there's no need to dress up a merc for prestige.... it simply is !

Yep, it "simply is" "prestige" if you are the sort of bloke who thinks that anything with the three pointed star elevates your social status. Everyone else knows that what such people spend 10 million on is the base mode that is used as a Taxi in other countries.

So yeah... "prestige" indeed... :rolleyes:

• 6 months later...

You go to V*P car interiors near jaguar car showroom they do leather good quality seat covers.they did it for a benz as well as i did it for my proton gen 2.i found them in facebook

i did my one in leather and fabric and i made it sporty.......all my friendz are amezed with their finishing.

i dont know how to upload my car photos to the page

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, digging this thread up for some opinions and advice.

I recently picked up an E46 and am sorting out a few gremlins. One of them being a torn driver's seat. Here's what I have been considering.

1. Redo the entire set of seats cos doing just one seat would make it stand out among the other , aged, seats. However, all other seats are in pretty much excellent condition and I'd rather keep the original leather intact.

2. Keep the original leathers and do a set of leather seat covers. This is the option I'm leaning towards but would like to hear some opinions.

I'm also thinking of going to Deans but would also like to know of any other place that does quality work.

Thanks.

Congrats on the new car, post some pics and details!

whats the budget like for the covers?

deens havelock road, expensive but the work is very impressive.

Thanks pug306xsi...maybe sometime later cos it's not quite in show-and-tell condition yet.

I don't have a frame of reference to set myself a budget yet so have to get an idea after speaking to a couple of places. I'm definitely going to check with Deans/Deens but was hoping to check out some other places too to see if they are indeed worth the extra coin.

Hoonigan,

I've restored a couple of seats to my satisfaction with this product : SEM classic coat.. just google it up.. the coating is flexible, and does not rub off..
I've got a Mitsu Galant with a leather interior, so the quality of the leather is nowhere near BMW. The rear seat was scuffed up a bit, and the passenger too.. fixed those up. But the driver's seat had a couple of rips, so I got that re-upholstered in leather from an independant chap who was recommended to me. SEM classic coat has really held up for over an year now..

If you've got the time, and the inclination :-) , go through this thread for inspiration .. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-162477.html

Since you don't need to replace all, how about finding a drivers seat from UK and bringing it down? leather products are not allowed I think, but then again you could tell the relevant authority that you cant find it here etc. Just an idea.

Hoonigan,

I've restored a couple of seats to my satisfaction with this product : SEM classic coat.. just google it up.. the coating is flexible, and does not rub off..

I've got a Mitsu Galant with a leather interior, so the quality of the leather is nowhere near BMW. The rear seat was scuffed up a bit, and the passenger too.. fixed those up. But the driver's seat had a couple of rips, so I got that re-upholstered in leather from an independant chap who was recommended to me. SEM classic coat has really held up for over an year now..

If you've got the time, and the inclination :-) , go through this thread for inspiration .. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forum/t-162477.html

Thanks for the link, will surely check it out. However, conditioning the leather is not the issue here and I believe meguiars leather restoring products are the industry standard. Neverthelsss, the huge tear is the immediate issue I'm trying to solve.

Since you don't need to replace all, how about finding a drivers seat from UK and bringing it down? leather products are not allowed I think, but then again you could tell the relevant authority that you cant find it here etc. Just an idea.

I don't think that would work, for the same reasons why I can't just redo the one seat. If one seat shows a different age than the rest, it will stick out like a sore thumb.